The New Raith Rovers Thread

Had the pleasure of doing my "C" coaching badge at Glenrothes in early 1980's with Gordon Wallace and Walter Smith. Both were gentlemen and Gordon especially when he found out I was a Rovers Supporter. This is devastating news as I rembeber him being signed from Montrose and going on to become a hero for us. Myy thoughts go out to him and his family.

Frankly it seems to me like we rely too much on volunteers and don’t employ enough staff to really expect social media output on the level of Motherwell, for example. You get out what you put in to some degree.

See they have drawn the 50/50 ticket for last Friday. I would have thought given that a lot of people may have just disposed of the tickets that the club could have announced that "X" amount had been taken and that 50% of this if unclaimed would be added to the pot for the next home game. Or is that not allowed?

20 hours ago, Enigma said:

Frankly it seems to me like we rely too much on volunteers and don’t employ enough staff to really expect social media output on the level of Motherwell, for example. You get out what you put in to some degree.

Genuine question, has Motherwell's social media output led to an increase at the gate? Only asking as attracting new fans in is notoriously difficult and in the past generally only changes when a club is playing well or winning things. Have the feeling that the only time our crowds genuinely got any significant uplift in my time was during the glory years of the 90s. Otherwise, it’s been a hard core that only really fluctuates for big games. That’s not to say we shouldn’t be constantly trying to promote the club. 

The harsh reality of being a club the size of Raith Rovers is we just don’t have the staff or resources. We have to rely on volunteers for loads of crucial things. And the quality of those volunteers varies and good people can arrive and change things for the good but then move on. Maybe whoever was responsible for the great communication in recent years has changed as someone has left? Or maybe just running out of steam? I dunno, but definitely something the club need to look at 

I get we rely on volunteers for certain things and that us the reality of our situation. However there are certain things that should be run by the club especially where revenue is concerned. 

For example what is the situation with the club shop? We seem to just about have enough replica kits despite last year's selling out but we have little else. An example of this is the leisurewear, various items have sold out in the common/all sizes.

I have seen that the players have had navy and red training kit on but you can't buy these. It would make sense if we are going to order limited amounts and they do sell well to try and pull the same trick again. 

21 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

If only there was a supporters director or even a liaison officer with a bit of profile to take these things on and open channels between the club and its lifeblood.

Ask the club. They did this "inspire" project where the outputs were heavily weighted towards honesty,openness, transparancy and engaging with fans and the community. Write to them see if they reply in an open honest and transparent manner.

8 minutes ago, Gav_RRFC said:

Heard Vaughan has potentially done his ACL for the 4th time at training today. 

Absolutely grim if true.

Just now, Enigma said:

I’ve heard the same - hopefully a false rumour.

I actually feel sick seeing these posts. Devastating if true. Especially after the apparent good news last Friday.