The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, RaithRover123 said:

I am not a season ticket holder this year so just have tickets for the game on Friday will I need to print them out or will the barcode on my phone be fine? 

On your phone will work fine.

1 minute ago, RaithRover123 said:

I am not a season ticket holder this year so just have tickets for the game on Friday will I need to print them out or will the barcode on my phone be fine? 

For the friendlies and early cup matches they were happy to scan the barcode from your phone. 

6 hours ago, Jilted John said:

For anyone that’s interested, here’s Ziggy scoring a beauty for Fulham u23’s on Monday…

https://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2021/august/U23-Sunderland-Highlights/

On at 70’ and scored at 75’…that’s the second time he’s been subbed on a scored quickly. Probably starting to press for a start.

From the Rovers website :

On This Day 1930

Rovers defeat Tommy McLean's Motherwell 4-1 in a memorable League Cup victory at Stark's Park. Two goals from Craig Brewster and others from Alan McKenzie and a brilliant goal from Martin Nelson see Rovers progress to the third round against Celtic.

Time flies... 

Are they not on most nights, because of training/community teams, etc?

I know the club were under huge pressure because it was on live TV and radio, but I think in an effort to appear as open as possible they've given a lot of half-explanations, some of which are based on assumptions. 

Radio Scotland made quite a bit out of Bill Clark describing the floodlights as being "almost tested to destruction" last night, and it's just one of those poor choices of wording made in a moment. 

I don't imagine we'll ever get a full public disclosure of what acrually went wrong, but I'm sure it'll be very mundane. 

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Are they not on most nights, because of training/community teams, etc?

I know the club were under huge pressure because it was on live TV and radio, but I think in an effort to appear as open as possible they've given a lot of half-explanations, some of which are based on assumptions. 

Radio Scotland made quite a bit out of Bill Clark describing the floodlights as being "almost tested to destruction" last night, and it's just one of those poor choices of wording made in a moment. 

I don't imagine we'll ever get a full public disclosure of what acrually went wrong, but I'm sure it'll be very mundane. 

These things happen sometimes when you are installing new LED lights to replace older lighting in an old electrical installation. Hopefully the club manage to resolve the issue. What we don’t want is a persistent or intermittent fault causing nuisance tripping of circuit breakers.

On 13/08/2021 at 19:43, Hank Scorpio said:

How long is that the new CEO has been in the position? Is anything any different? I can’t I have noticed a marked improvement in anything we do since she started.

Just catching up with the K107 Saturday Sports Show and John Sim is saying that Karen Macartney has reached some sort of private healthcare agreement that means the club is much less reliant on the NHS. It was going private that finally got Matthews the green light to play, and sounds like it was similar with Vaughan being available on Friday. 

Some interesting chat about the ground development too, with planning permission in for a two storey building in the North Stand car park to be the community hub, and some of the storage inside the ground being replaced with new cabin-style accommodation for office use in the week and hospitality at the weekend. 

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Just catching up with the K107 Saturday Sports Show and John Sim is saying that Karen Macartney has reached some sort of private healthcare agreement that means the club is much less reliant on the NHS. It was going private that finally got Matthews the green light to play, and sounds like it was similar with Vaughan being available on Friday. 

Some interesting chat about the ground development too, with planning permission in for a two storey building in the North Stand car park to be the community hub, and some of the storage inside the ground being replaced with new cabin-style accommodation for office use in the week and hospitality at the weekend. 

That’s good progress in any case, private healthcare is pivotal for us especially with our recent injury woes. I was totally baffled to see Vaughan on the subs bench.