The New Raith Rovers Thread

An old mate of my brother's (Aberdeen fan) messaged me earlier asking if I was at the game. I asked him his thoughts on the performance (post-match) and his response was that it was pretty clear Aberdeen were poor more than Rovers were very decent.

Incredible that can be someone's stock response. "We got beat off lower league opposition. It simply has to be the case that we were absolutely awful and if we'd just turned it up a little bit, we'd have skittled them."

Also, Celtic away in the next round...aye, not a draw that has you planning your Hampden weekend but definitely will have its financial benefits.

16 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

Also, Celtic away in the next round...aye, not a draw that has you planning your Hampden weekend but definitely will have its financial benefits.

Yeah. I’m gutted we didn’t get one of the Dundee teams or Livingston at home. That would have given us a right good chance of a semi final at Hampden. Hopefully some of whatever we make from the Celtic tie is invested back into the squad.

Even if the game only draws 15000 its still a good payday along with the tv cash. It could have been Almondvale again with 2000 fans and no telly. I reckon our result today will instill more interest in the match than 15000 'tho.

As an aside, as someone has already pointed out Celtic love to put us in that low corner where the view is terrible.

22 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

As an aside, as someone has already pointed out Celtic love to put us in that low corner where the view is terrible.

It's the away end. They put everyone there. It's not some special punishment reserved for us because we beat them in a cup final.

Edited by Ro Sham Bo

10 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's the away end. They put everyone there. It's not some special punishment reserved for us because we beat them in a cup final.

I didnt suppose it's a place fo special punsihment for Rovers fans but I expect it's reserved for smaller supports - you wouldn't expect the fans of the Edinburgh duo or Aberdeen to be restricted to that small area. However, I'm not an expert on Celtic's seating arrangements, I just know that's where we're likely to end up.

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Oooft.

The level of his negativity is ridiculous. Why not just support the team and the manager? We are supposed to be Raith Rovers “supporters”, aren’t we?

9CB7F4A0-7668-4410-A573-3E37CC699786.jpeg.fa8f1c623227404f25f30d96c456b003.jpeg

Although…

0ABE8E2D-4CDF-485E-AB34-106E63D26503.jpeg.f16c0b01ed179353c333b9b5063b0d70.jpeg

…I thought he preferred fannying about on the golf course?

Wasn't at the game (working) and tbh wasn't confident of a result but as I'd said the other day "we've been unfancied and done the unexpected before", what can you say eh? "Typical Rovers!"  I Saw most of the game (missed from 89 mins on) although it was all a bit stop start due to buffering throughout on the WiFi offshore. All in all a bit torturous, but wtf I'm a happy chappy tonight. 

Thought for the 1st 45 we looked as though we were in for a tanking as we struggled for possession and when chances came blew them spectacularly. The equaliser rocked them and we grew in confidence as one or two of their guys started to suffer from a lack of belief and a drop in form. Aberdeen still had a lot of the ball before and after Dario's goal but we kept it tight and finished looking the better side. As the game drew to a close the Dons looked ragged and were  panicking for the  equaliser they were never getting. Hope Hayes is ok, looked to be in a lot of distress but I'm unsure how it happened, did Arnott catch him or Hayes hit Arnott's foot in the follow through?

Aberdeen fans at work reckoned the Dons were honking and us only little better (sour grapes methinks). The Celtic fans are looking forward to (mind you the Aberdeen fans were yesterday!) it and seem to reckon there will be a decent crowd in for it, I reminded them there were well under 20,000 at the last midweek game a few years back but they seemed to think this one will be different and much better attended, we'll see. 

Not pointing the finger at any individuals but if you think of someone this accurately describes or if it hits a nerve.

Now anyone who knows me will agree that I like a gripe and a moan every bit as much as the next old man but my sons got a theory about some fans on social media. He reckons there are some are really only truly pleased when the results are going against the Rovers and they can come on to justifiably (they think) moan and greet. I think he has a case, It very much seems to be that rather than us winning there are some people would actually rather the team got beat so they can jump on here and tell everyone how pish the team is, how thick or blind the rest of us are and how insightful they are.  Those aren't supporters, they are just moaning twats, I wish they would feck off and watch the YM and give the actual supporters peace. Mind you maybe we should pity them , it must be pish having your period every day, every week for 9 or 10 months of the year.

The level of his negativity is ridiculous. Why not just support the team and the manager? We are supposed to be Raith Rovers “supporters”, aren’t we?
9CB7F4A0-7668-4410-A573-3E37CC699786.jpeg.fa8f1c623227404f25f30d96c456b003.jpeg
Although…
0ABE8E2D-4CDF-485E-AB34-106E63D26503.jpeg.f16c0b01ed179353c333b9b5063b0d70.jpeg
…I thought he preferred fannying about on the golf course?

No a fan of the calling out of names, tbf. We’re aw Rovers fans.