The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, chimney said:

What a difference Matthews makes to Raith, unbelievably good at doing all the work that nobody else is bothered to do. Different Class#8

Regrettably Broonie wasn't on long enough for Ross to perform his party trick.

37 minutes ago, TxRover said:

A match well worth a rewatch/watch if it gets posted for viewing. 

Defense was excellent throughout, with Berra getting especial plaudits. Tumilty was mooted as Premiership quality by RaithTV, and they are right. Dick is growing into his role well and provides an excellent replacement for MacDonald. Bene remains a rock, in a good way. 

Midfield was interesting, Matthews was mostly invisible but did more than you realized. Tait is growing into his role, but needs to avoid those silly yellows. Riley-Snow was miscast as more of a DM than AM in the first half, but as the Rovers grew into the game, he found more opportunity as an AM. He’s raw and unpolished, but has excellent vision and a willingness to slash forward. Arnott looked competent and composed for his cameo against quality opposition, and should be signed to a full contract soon! 

Connolly has a motor that never stops, and Zanatta fills the “little ball of hate” role with aplomb. Varian was absent most of the first half, mainly due to Blaise lying deep and the attacking threats coming from the wings, but came into the match for the second half…that being said, Poplatnik was much more effective (in my opinion), although against a tired Dons team.

Cheers Tx hopefully I’m not too tired to watch the highlights 

1 minute ago, Broken Algorithms said:
39 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:
Regrettably Broonie wasn't on long enough for Ross to perform his party trick.

Aaron Arnott wasn't phased by Brown in the slightest. Went on and looked as comfy as can be.

He looks a promising player and seems to be rated, wonder if he will go out on loan maybe in January? Think it would really help his development 

1 minute ago, Been going too long said:

He looks a promising player and seems to be rated, wonder if he will go out on loan maybe in January? Think it would really help his development 

Is that Broonie you're referring to here?🤔😃

23 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Doubt it. I thought perhaps he’d go out on loan when RBS came in, but with injuries to Matthews and Spencer, no way since Coulson is already loaned out, I think he’s going to start playing more minutes as the season progresses, in the Tait mould. I’d also expect a full time contract to be announced shortly.