The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, grumswall said:
1 hour ago, Beachbum said:

Thanks. I definitely did miss that happening. I don't pay much attention to the ffp or courier etc unless I see links posted though. Can't remember seing anything on the website about it either though.

https://www.raithrovers.net/48048/rrfc-appoint-chief-executive.htm

Seems rather early days for complaints about the CEO, especially given the latitude allowed previous office holders.

Is that the third man of a match for Dario "doesn't work hard enough" Zanatta? Everyone played their part today. Aside from Dario, both Berra and Tumilty were excellent. Brilliant result. This was no backs to the wall job. We kept our identity and still tried our hardest to play McGlynnball. Delighted for the players. Get behind the team and stop the doom and gloom.

16 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Is that the third man of a match for Dario "doesn't work hard enough" Zanatta? Everyone played their part today. Aside from Dario, both Berra and Tumilty were excellent. Brilliant result. This was no backs to the wall job. We kept our identity and still tried our hardest to play McGlynnball. Delighted for the players. Get behind the team and stop the doom and gloom.

Dario had the bit between the teeth from the first whistle, good on the lad.

Edited by Zen Archer (Raconteur)

45 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Excellent result, I’m at work. How did we play. Even with the big guns for Aberdeen coming on I was nervous. Glad we held out. 

Aberdeen all over us in the first half, though we had a couple of decent scoring opportunities. 

Early goal in the second half gave an injection of confidence and the team more than matched Aberdeen before Zanatta robbed Gurr for the winner. 

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

Excellent result, I’m at work. How did we play. Even with the big guns for Aberdeen coming on I was nervous. Glad we held out. 

A match well worth a rewatch/watch if it gets posted for viewing. 

Defense was excellent throughout, with Berra getting especial plaudits. Tumilty was mooted as Premiership quality by RaithTV, and they are right. Dick is growing into his role well and provides an excellent replacement for MacDonald. Bene remains a rock, in a good way. 

Midfield was interesting, Matthews was mostly invisible but did more than you realized. Tait is growing into his role, but needs to avoid those silly yellows. Riley-Snow was miscast as more of a DM than AM in the first half, but as the Rovers grew into the game, he found more opportunity as an AM. He’s raw and unpolished, but has excellent vision and a willingness to slash forward. Arnott looked competent and composed for his cameo against quality opposition, and should be signed to a full contract soon! 

Connolly has a motor that never stops, and Zanatta fills the “little ball of hate” role with aplomb. Varian was absent most of the first half, mainly due to Blaise lying deep and the attacking threats coming from the wings, but came into the match for the second half…that being said, Poplatnik was much more effective (in my opinion), although against a tired Dons team.