The New Raith Rovers Thread

Would you expect to see much instant impact from a new CEO? Would that position not be more focused on strategic direction and more medium-to-long term projects. I think you'd need at least a year to get a feel for the direction the club is heading in before really being able to make any sort of judgement. 

And as for "not particularly well liked", I have absolutely no idea I'd that's true or not, but everyone seemed to quite like our last CEO but he didn't know the rules of an organisation whose board he sat on, gave away a future Scotland international for free just because Rangers asked, oversaw some dreadful managerial choices and then sanctioned the loaning of our best player to a rival who subsequently helped relegate us. 

1 hour ago, Hank Scorpio said:

My post was a wee bit more accusatory than I intended. I am genuinely interested in what has changed at the club and what our new direction is.

From my experience of her she seems proactive. Very talkative and friendly. 

It was a short conversation to be fair but I left with a good impression. 

21 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Totally agree really not sure what his thoughts were this year 🤦🏻‍♂️

Saving the little or no money we have. That’s what I glean from his acquisitions. If anyone can get the best out of them then it’s John McGlynn

Vaughan in Gym64 today. No protection of any sorts on his knee. Mainly working on muscles around his knee and legs. Seemed in good spirits. Fingers crossed the injury isn't too bad. Spencer also in with boot on. Musonda also in seemed to be taking things lighter than the other two. Bit worrying TBH.

5 minutes ago, We Are Pars Fans! said:

We will take him off your hands (saves him scoring every time he plays us)

We've already gone down that road with Keatings. Unfortunately he is probably as likely to score an own goal as a 'proper' goal for us. 

18 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

How long is that the new CEO has been in the position? Is anything any different? I can’t I have noticed a marked improvement in anything we do since she started.

She's good at fleecing the fans for every last penny

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Saving the little or no money we have. That’s what I glean from his acquisitions. If anyone can get the best out of them then it’s John McGlynn

I agree he is the man to do that but we have went quantity over quality imo a bit like the Gary Locke season but I really hope I’m wrong 

2 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Yep, that bit charging fans for the free bottles of water…oh, wait…nevermind.

A decent gesture Tx but one of the clubs own making, quite easily could have let punters bring in there own refreshments or opened the food kiosks, my point is valid, overpriced season tickets and £20 for a cup game on 12 midday on a Sunday is taking the piss

Just now, Wildrover said:

A decent gesture Tx but one of the clubs own making, quite easily could have let punters bring in there own refreshments or opened the food kiosks, my point is valid, overpriced season tickets and £20 for a cup game on 12 midday on a Sunday is taking the piss

Let’s remember a few things here….1) The prices for the Aberdeen game are set in conjunction with Aberdeen, not solely by the Rovers…2) The CEO doesn’t make unilateral decisions in many, if not most, area, the Board does…3) The CEO is a strategic position, not a tactical one.

18 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Let’s remember a few things here….1) The prices for the Aberdeen game are set in conjunction with Aberdeen, not solely by the Rovers…2) The CEO doesn’t make unilateral decisions in many, if not most, area, the Board does…3) The CEO is a strategic position, not a tactical one.

1. Did the club consult Aberdeen about the possibility of a reduced price?, 2. Fair enough they are all to blame then, 3. But she's in charge of dishing out free water   

The pricing is one thing, but the other thing striking me is communication and engagement that has been much poorer than the last couple of seasons. Not that this is entirely upon a CEO, but the difference is noticeable. The pricing for the Hamilton game being a prime example here of something badly handled. 

32 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

I agree he is the man to do that but we have went quantity over quality imo a bit like the Gary Locke season but I really hope I’m wrong 

As long as Mcglynn doesn't loam our quality to rival clubs, I think we'll be fine.