The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Me too, why didn’t we replace him.

Hmmmm, Dylan Tait, anyone?

Hendry, at 20, started or played 13 total matches for us in League One.

Tait, at 18 or 19, started or played 31 matches for us in the Championship.

The simple fact, as noted above, is a developed player is very expensive to replace like for like. A developing player is cheaper, potentially better in the longer term and a possible source of either future revenue or the basis for a higher level team (See Tait, Dylan in 2019/2020…20 matches at League One level…7 more than Hendry when he was two years younger).

Does this mean that Tait is the new Hendry, absolutely not…however, it shows he has the necessary skills at this level and may develop into a top notch player. Also, notice we learned from Gullan (player option) and Hendry (unforeseen pandemic ruined possible sale during/after a season where he still had a year on his contract) and have Tait locked up for several years, which tells you what the whole organization thinks of his potential.

1 hour ago, Jilted John said:

Who was the other boy that played in that game? Local lad with curly hair. There was a cult following wanting to get him signed up.

The word was it was Cammy Lewis.

f**k me I’ve just heard wee Cammy Lewis scored for the Rovers tonight. I’m sure it was only a few months ago I heard he was getting telt to shut his puss for singing Rovers songs during his exams

1 minute ago, MC_Lachlan said:

That last 30 minutes of the Hamilton game really came at a heavy price.

65 minutes gone, 4-0 ahead, top of the league, playing great football, on course for our 5th consecutive clean sheet and excitement building for a successful season ahead with Spencer and Vaughan pulling the strings.

25 minutes later, we’ve conceded 4 to draw the game, lost Brad Spencer for 6 weeks due to a broken foot and Lewis Vaughan for the same period with a cartilage tear and it’s suddenly hard to see when we’ll get our next win.

Football eh?

Acht well, that's us fucked good and proper. No amount of 'oh but we have X, Y and Z that can step up' is going to cut it I'm afraid. No Spencer and Vaughan is pretty catastrophic to our squad at the moment. 

I find it quite daft when teams lose games with freak events, lose big games more often not or have horrendous injury luck and we’ll have posters from that club saying “only *insert team*” as if it’s never happened to another team before but f**k me, only Raith Rovers.