The New Raith Rovers Thread

It's no surprise he's a standout, tbf. He's better than League 2 and it was disappointing to see him join a club in that league. 

Disagree. I thought it a very shrewd move. He’ll play every week, they’ll build a team around him and his reputation will grow game by game. He’ll attract attention and have his choice of next moves when he’s ready. Smart lad.

20 hours ago, Frankly, Mr Shankly said:

Holy shit I fucking miss Hendry man.

Me too, why didn’t we replace him. The same with Gullan. We had the opportunity to bring him back. But no. He’s off to Killie

18 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Me too, why didn’t we replace him. The same with Gullan. We had the opportunity to bring him back. But no. He’s off to Killie

It would take much more money than the Rovers have to simply replace Regan Hendry. 

You have to feel sorry for Blaise Riley-Snow in that respect. He has massive boots to fill. 

Just now, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

It would take much more money than the Rovers have to simply replace Regan Hendry. 

You have to feel sorry for Blaise Riley-Snow in that respect. He has massive boots to fill. 

That’s true, I was thinking about Riley-Snow and his contributions so far haven’t been the best……yet. We have to get behind him and realise Hendry is gone. 

28 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

2 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

That’s true, I was thinking about Riley-Snow and his contributions so far haven’t been the best……yet. We have to get behind him and realise Hendry is gone. 

A play in two acts.

1 minute ago, renton said:

A play in two acts.

Maybe Regan has a wee brother? If not, then Mrs Hendry could maybe be persuaded to pump out another bairn. She’s probably getting on in years but the Rovers cause requires it.

2 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Nah I just forgot about about Riley-Snow briefly. Such as his contributions since signing. Pretty forgettable. 

It's not even about Riley Snow.

You can't directly replace Hendry or his style of play (albeit Aaron Arnott is one to watch for the future)

Spencer is the main man this year for us, and between him, Matthews and Tait we still have a good midfield that can play good football.

There is significant gnashing of teeth because we have missed one of Spencer or Matthews in our first couple of games, and Spencer is likely to be out for a few weeks yet.

I don't think we will finish on the top 4 this year, yet I don't think we are significantly worse as a side as some seem to believe.

The only way Hendry was going to be adequately replaced was with some sort of marquee signing, and even at that a player that would've almost certainly been beyond us. I guess you can look at Dorrans going to Dunfermline and Soutar to QoS as being big signings in midfield, but either we weren't in for them or couldn't afford/were outbid. 

In the absence of that I guess Riley-Snow is the "replacement" in terms of getting someone in, but he isn't the same kind of player. 

We really need Matthews and Spencer not to be injured this season if we're going to have a decent season. As we are all aware, that's already gone well. 

1 hour ago, Scary Bear said:

Maybe Regan has a wee brother? If not, then Mrs Hendry could maybe be persuaded to pump out another bairn. She’s probably getting on in years but the Rovers cause requires it.

He does, Fletcher, he played as a trialist and scored one of the five goals we put past The Shippy two years ago.

1 hour ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

He does, Fletcher, he played as a trialist and scored one of the five goals we put past The Shippy two years ago.

Who was the other boy that played in that game? Local lad with curly hair. There was a cult following wanting to get him signed up.