The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

Don't apologise to them, it only increases their delusion that they're the right kind of people. Don't be so put out or got at by them, it's a badge of honour - if you upset them you're likely to be saying something right.

I’m now assuming this an elaborate WUM account, as no one could be so breathtakingly thick.

7 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Have we ever tried playing Davie Hancock in midfield?

Obvs this could affect the performance of Raith TV but it’s maybe worth a shot. 

I’m not sure how helpful his frequent calling for our own players to be booked would be on the park.

26 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I can't decide if it's an easily angered young person or an easily angered older person. 

Either way, they need the last word. 

If genuine then I’d wager he’s your classic pub bore who loudly pontificates to anyone within earshot, while the other customers awkwardly try to ignore him.

7 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

If genuine then I’d wager he’s your classic pub bore who loudly pontificates to anyone within earshot, while the other customers awkwardly try to ignore him.

Mate, yer efforts to rattle are cringe.  Yer efforts for a nod of approval is cringe. 

23 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
40 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:
Mate, yer efforts to rattle are cringe.  Yer efforts for a nod of approval is cringe. 

Yer efforts at grammar are / is cringe.

Too far Bruv 😅😅. You ken yer dealing wi social misfits when they pic up on Grammar 😅.  

Edited by Raith_Rasta

11 hours ago, kev23 said:

You haven’t been the only one to make ridiculous suggestions this time, although McKay at right midfield is up there with someone’s Berra at centre midfield shout.

BRS will play next to Tait most likely and we can only hope he plays in the same way he played vs Livingston, rather than how he played vs Hamilton. Dick and Tumilty will play left back and right back and it’s probably only a case of whether we keep our shape from the Hamilton game or we go with a back 5.

Let’s see, why is suggesting the outside possibility of McKay playing a position he has played before ridiculous? Are you suggesting that a professional player who has played a couple of 90 minute practice games, seen limited competitive game action and has fully participated in training for a few weeks isn’t ready to start a match or is it you don’t consider he can play there?

As it is, with Matthews possible, we’ll probably simply have to see if Arnott or Riley-Snow can cover when Matthews tires.

If this thread is anything to go by in recent days, I've picked a good time to start keeping an eye on the fortunes of the Rovers...

Back to the fitba, I don't know the squad well enough to comment on formation changes etc. in light of Spencer's injury but I breathe, therefore I know enough that Berra at defensive midfield would be horrific. Like, seriously bad.

If Ross Matthews is back in the squad (as mentioned a few posts back) that's promising. I think McGlynn will surely keep with the team from Saturday, as best he can at least. Riley-Snow in for Spencer. See how that goes and take it from there.

19 minutes ago, CrossgatesCynic said:

If this thread is anything to go by in recent days, I've picked a good time to start keeping an eye on the fortunes of the Rovers...

Back to the fitba, I don't know the squad well enough to comment on formation changes etc. in light of Spencer's injury but I breathe, therefore I know enough that Berra at defensive midfield would be horrific. Like, seriously bad.

If Ross Matthews is back in the squad (as mentioned a few posts back) that's promising. I think McGlynn will surely keep with the team from Saturday, as best he can at least. Riley-Snow in for Spencer. See how that goes and take it from there.

Matthews in for Spencer would be the no brainer (if healthy enough AND fit enough)…and there is certainly talk of playing three CB’s for the game too. With Musonda out, that leaves Lang and McKay as the choices for the third CB, if we do that. Playing three CB, leaves Tumilty and Dick playing wide beside Tait and whomever. Riley-Snow is more likely the next choice at CM, with Arnott next.