The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I wasn't playing the race card. 

I was likening the narrative to the language people use when justifying those words. 

You mentioned race where it didn't exist - why? Hardly a week goes by without reading about some teacher, nurse, medic or tea lady who loses her job for some inoccuous and innocent comment  because of low lives like you and RATM.

3 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

You mentioned race where it didn't exist - why? Hardly a week goes by without reading about some teacher, nurse, medic or tea lady who loses her job for some inoccuous and innocent comment  because of low lives like you and RATM.

Perhaps it’s time to stop digging, again.

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

FYI: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/2428771/exclusive-raith-rovers-blow-as-brad-spencer-is-ruled-out-with-fractured-foot/

Six weeks out for Spencer, JMcG playing with 3-4-3 schemes in practice to lighten midfield load with Tumilty and Dick wide.

A 3-4-3 would at least allow them to compress the space in the middle, given a less than experienced midfield.

On the other hand, which of Poplatnik, Vaughan, Connolly or Zanatta misses out?

Edited by renton

Just now, renton said:

A 3-4-3 would at least allow them to compress the space in the middle, given a less than experienced midfield.

Could Berra cover CM spot and let McKay play alongside Bene. Or is that daft. Just thinking with Berra’s experience being key. 

Just now, renton said:

Yea, I could see:

MacDonald

McKay/Bene/Berra

Tumilty/Tait/Arnott or Riley-Snow/Dick

Connolly or Zanatta/Poplatnik/Vaughan

The other option is Vaughan for Arnott/RS and playing AM plus Zanatta on the left wing for a 3-3-1-2-1

5 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Could Berra cover CM spot and let McKay play alongside Bene. Or is that daft. Just thinking with Berra’s experience being key. 

I doubt it. Gomis for Falkirk did that a couple of years ago, and was completely gassed by 50-60 minutes, and I don’t think Berra has the speed or turning ability that Gomis still had then. Tumilty, Dick or McKay at RM is a better compromise for that.

I doubt it. Gomis for Falkirk did that a couple of years ago, and was completely gassed by 50-60 minutes, and I don’t think Berra has the speed or turning ability that Gomis still had then. Tumilty, Dick or McKay at RM is a better compromise for that.
He's played the vast majority of his career as a cb. He isn't the fastest and if we are playing a back 3 then his positional sense (Saturday after 65 minutes excluded) is second to none in the team.

2 minutes ago, grumswall said:
5 minutes ago, TxRover said:

He's played the vast majority of his career as a cb. He isn't the fastest and if we are playing a back 3 then his positional sense (Saturday after 65 minutes excluded) is second to none in the team.

Yep, exactly why Tumilty or McKay, who have played a little RM, or Dick, who is probably capable of LB or DM are the real choices. I guess we can toss Lang into the pot as well, but Bene and Berra are NOT options.

14 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I've no got time to explain again. Sorry. 

There's tea ladies out there needing fired. 

9 minutes ago, TxRover said:

It was just a thought, thanks for clearing that up. 

Riley Snow looked well off the pace in his cameo on Saturday but apparently played well against Livingston. Some players struggle to get up to the pace of a game from the bench. I’d give him another go at Inverness.

He’s only on a 6 month contract so if we can’t trust him to play for the next few weeks when we are down to the barebones in midfield, as the only natural replacement, you would have to question why he was signed at all. I think McGlynn’s seen enough in training to not write him off after one, admittedly bad, 10 minute sub appearance.

If the Livingston version turns up he should be absolutely fine alongside Tait, particularly in a 3-4-3 to cover his lack of mobility IMO. If the Hamilton performance from him is the norm we are in huge trouble until Matthews/Spencer return but I’ll keep the faith for now.

7 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Riley Snow looked well off the pace in his cameo on Saturday but apparently played well against Livingston. Some players struggle to get up to the pace of a game from the bench. I’d give him another go at Inverness.

He’s only on a 6 month contract so if we can’t trust him to play for the next few weeks when we are down to the barebones in midfield, as the only natural replacement, you would have to question why he was signed at all. I think McGlynn’s seen enough in training to not write him off after one, admittedly bad, 10 minute sub appearance.

If the Livingston version turns up he should be absolutely fine alongside Tait, particularly in a 3-4-3 to cover his lack of mobility IMO. If the Hamilton performance from him is the norm we are in huge trouble until Matthews/Spencer return but I’ll keep the faith for now.

I forgot about Blaise-Snow. Do you think Inverness is the time to play him.  Well yea it is. We kinda have no choice. 

24 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I've no got time to explain again. Sorry. 

There's tea ladies out there needing fired. 

I'll tell you why you can't explain, because race was only brought up by you, you brought it up  because even mentioning race is an easy smear that immediately gets approving attention from bigots like yourself.

Edited by Raith_Raver

27 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I'll tell you why you can't explain, because race was only brought up by you, you brought it up  because even mentioning race is an easy smear that immediately gets approving attention from bigots like yourself.

I'm a lowlife and a bigot now!

Those insults might have had an impact if they weren't coming from an idiot. 🤷🏻‍♂️

1 hour ago, TxRover said:

FYI: https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/2428771/exclusive-raith-rovers-blow-as-brad-spencer-is-ruled-out-with-fractured-foot/

Six weeks out for Spencer, JMcG playing with 3-4-3 schemes in practice to lighten midfield load with Tumilty and Dick wide.

I hope the idea of Fotheringham playing deeper that report mentions isn’t meaning playing him in a DM role.  Based off Saturday Fotheringham didn’t have much pace and even less strength, could see him getting utterly bullied if we tried playing him in a deeper midfield role.

Seriously, give it a fucking rest with all this shite. The joy of P&B is that you can come on and just chat football and the Old Firm shite and political shite is in another forum where you never have to read it. If you want to rant about Sturgeon or how it’s all just gone too PC these days then f**k off elsewhere and give the rest of us peace. 

Huge blow losing Spencer. Can’t catch a break with these injuries. 

Edited by roverthemoon

Hey sad sack, why don’t you go back to every post I’ve made since 2009 and red dot them. You absolute fuckin no mark.  Hank Scorpio triggered by words. Oh and get yer wee clique to do the same. 

Just now, baillieinleeds said:

Hey sad sack, why don’t you go back to every post I’ve made since 2009 and red dot them. You absolute fuckin no mark.  Hank Scorpio triggered by words. Oh and get yer wee clique to do the same. 

... and your absolutely not "triggered" by him red dotting you, no sir, no way.

Can you just fucking can it.