The New Raith Rovers Thread

To be fair, it's the FFP who've got the broken foot story this morning rather than the Courier, going by their online content. I'm not sure about any print editions. 
The Courier have been lightyears ahead of the FFP recently though, there's no doubt about that. Alan Temple doing excellent work covering multiple clubs in the region. 
Hiya Alan.

3 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

It's a change in direction from your overreactive, whinging style. 

Just as shite though. 

Nothing wrong with a little whinge. Sorry if I’m not Progressive. Grew up in a different era nowt wrong with that. I don’t appreciate red dots for a legitimate post. 

5 hours ago, L. Brilliant said:

Musonda would have the attributes for playing base of a diamond and Vaughan would be fine at the front, but there's already one problem there and then you still need two guys with legs in between. 

Legit to scoff at Barry playing Vaughan so far back when he didn't need to, but if he has to play in midfield in a crisis it's probably ok very occasionally.

We're short whatever way you spin it

I did suggest Musonda into a sweeper role with our overflowing CB cupboard…

Frankie is due back mid-August. Even dropping Vaughan back and using Keatings up top doesn’t address the missing DM role, as Tait certainly isn’t a DM.

1 hour ago, baillieinleeds said:

Nothing wrong with a little whinge. Sorry if I’m not Progressive. Grew up in a different era nowt wrong with that. I don’t appreciate red dots for a legitimate post. 

"Grew up in a different era" sounds like the same type of excuse that someone would use to justify their use of 'Pakis' or 'Darkies'. 

Growing up in a different era doesn't automatically mean that you can't be tolerant of others' viewpoints. 

If Brad Spencer follows the 'Baillieinleeds Back in my day' diet he'll be on full fat milk so he'll get plenty of calcium and be back in 4 weeks stronger than ever. If he's a soyboy then he'll be out for 6 to 8 with a likelihood of recurring injury. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

If Brad Spencer follows the 'Baillieinleeds Back in my day' diet he'll be on full fat milk he'll get plenty of calcium and be back in 4 weeks stronger than ever. If he's a soyboy then he'll be out for 6 to 8 with a likelihood of recurring injury. 

Get Brad on 80 fags a day to keep the weight off him whilst his injury curtails his activity. 

Very disappointing about Spencer looked good on Saturday.

Options, BRS could slot in but may not be up to the pace or quality. 

Arnott very inexperienced.

Vaughan absolute quality but creates a hole upfront and doesn't address the DCM role.

Fotheringham, no thanks looks very lightweight and would be bullied in there. 

I would try something different and put in either Dick or Tumilty in there. Both have a bit of a dig  pace and can pass. Having said all that may be better signing a midfielder. 

2 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

"Grew up in a different era" sounds like the same type of excuse that someone would use to justify their use of 'Pakis' or 'Darkies'. 

Growing up in a different era doesn't automatically mean that you can't be tolerant of others' viewpoints. 

Ah, the usual woke play the race card.

But you being tolerant? eh??

15 minutes ago, McGuigan1978 said:

In fairness, it’s good to see Raith Raver has recovered from the absolute c*nt he made of himself on the Pars Morton thread on Saturday. Mortifying. 

Oh aye? Please post what mortified you from that thread. 🙃

43 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Very disappointing about Spencer looked good on Saturday.

Options, BRS could slot in but may not be up to the pace or quality. 

Arnott very inexperienced.

Vaughan absolute quality but creates a hole upfront and doesn't address the DCM role.

Fotheringham, no thanks looks very lightweight and would be bullied in there. 

I would try something different and put in either Dick or Tumilty in there. Both have a bit of a dig  pace and can pass. Having said all that may be better signing a midfielder. 

Interesting, as I was thinking about Dick at DM as well, but that probably leaves us with either McKay out of position at LB or the (truly) young and inexperienced Mr. Young at LB. I’d say we roll Arnott out in Spencer’s place to see what happens. If he’s hopeless, then we can play Young or McKay at LB and move Dick to DM, or McKay or Lang at RB and Tumilty at DM or RM. It is unfortunate that Berra doesn’t look capable of playing as a DM anymore, but it seems only McKay and Tumilty have any real experience at RM.

2 hours ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Paki, damn, that’s a pretty shitty memory from Primary school in the 70’s. All it took was to have the darkest skin in your class, and that was still pretty dam pale.