The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, RiG said:

Were you watching / listening to a different announcement? Clubs still need to apply to their LA for crowds over 5,000 (seated) or 2,000 (standing).

6 minutes ago, VinnyPar said:

Unfortunately, don’t think that’s right.

Still, with a base of 5k before council applications and the last derby in the flesh (at starks) having 6k you'd like to think we can get home and away fans in for this one.

AE58F1B8-0CF4-4F36-84B6-AFAE071297A0.png

I never watched the announcement. I got a notification on my phone from Sky Sports which said

‘Nicola Sturgeon confirms full capacity crowds in sporting stadia to return in Scotland from August 9’

I just assumed they would be correct. I should have double checked given Sky Sports record of reporting on Scottish football…

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12371798/coronavirus-nicola-sturgeon-confirms-full-capacity-crowds-to-return-in-scotland-from-august-9

Edited by R.R.FC

3 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

I never watched the announcement. I got a notification on my phone from Sky Sports which said

‘Nicola Sturgeon confirms full capacity crowds in sporting stadia to return in Scotland from August 9’

I just assumed they would be correct. I should have double checked given Sky Sports record of reporting on Scottish football…

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12371798/coronavirus-nicola-sturgeon-confirms-full-capacity-crowds-to-return-in-scotland-from-august-9

Hopefully it won't be too much longer. Not going to affect ICT that much but for games like the Fife Derby and the Ayrshire Derby it would be great to have as many fans in as possible.

The 5k stuff is without asking any questions. The club will have some hurdles to jump to get over 5000 for Aberdeen and Dunfermline, but there’s no reason at all not to make the effort.

The only reason we shouldn’t have a capacity crowd at both matches is if we can’t sell enough tickets.

Is that 5000 WITH social distancing in place? If so that's only benefitting teams with big enough stadiums to socially distance a 5k crowd - something we'd be unable to do. We'd be back to about 2000 at the most if that is the case. If social distancing is scrapped then that's fine - would suspect 5000 would be enough for the derby/Aberdeen game without having to jump through hurdles to increase it.

On 31/07/2021 at 19:33, CALDERON said:

There was a real naivety as the 2nd half went on.  Fair fucks to Hamilton, who went for it even at 4-0 down, but putting 2 untested teenagers on, even at 4-1, is not the way to see a game out.  I think Mcglynn tried to stretch the game out, but Hamilton were already giving us a bit of bother - shoring it up at that point would have been wiser.  That said, both lads spurned glorious chances to wrap things up.

To have 2 centre backs on the bench, and not utilise either of them given the situation we were facing, was wild.

Riley-Snow looked absolutely lost - looked like he got totally done for the 3rd goal, but I'd need to see it again.  

As much as there was a lot to be positive about today, the way in which the side totally fell apart in those 20 minutes is deeply concerning.  Defending cross balls is probably the one thing you would hang your hat on an experienced defence doing.  I'm also concerned about the potential psychological impact as the season goes on.  No lead will feel safe.

22 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

The only thing Sturgeon has confirmed recently is that shes a wee blaw bag who thinks shes of superior intellect than reporters and those who dont believe a word that comes out her mouth

Is that 5000 WITH social distancing in place? If so that's only benefitting teams with big enough stadiums to socially distance a 5k crowd - something we'd be unable to do. We'd be back to about 2000 at the most if that is the case. If social distancing is scrapped then that's fine - would suspect 5000 would be enough for the derby/Aberdeen game without having to jump through hurdles to increase it.

No, social distancing is gone. The reasoning for the hurdles and what they actually entail was vague (in that it literally wasn’t mentioned!) but with no requirement for distancing I can’t imagine it’s much more than making sure there’s some sort of ventilation at toilets and concourses.

I see no barrier to a normal Starks at both games, although like you I don’t actually think we’ll shift 5000 tickets in any case given they’re both on TV and for Aberdeen there’s a shite kick-off time/train strikes.

11 minutes ago, Paco said:

No, social distancing is gone. The reasoning for the hurdles and what they actually entail was vague (in that it literally wasn’t mentioned!) but with no requirement for distancing I can’t imagine it’s much more than making sure there’s some sort of ventilation at toilets and concourses.

I see no barrier to a normal Starks at both games, although like you I don’t actually think we’ll shift 5000 tickets in any case given they’re both on TV and for Aberdeen there’s a shite kick-off time/train strikes.

That's mental that you need permission for additional capacity if you already have 5000 people inside the stadium not having to socially distance. 

54 minutes ago, R.R.FC said:

Confirmed that full capacity crowds allowed from 9th August. Perfect timing with the derby and then Aberdeen cup tie.

Looking forward to the Friday night game now.

18 minutes ago, Bandohope said:

The only thing Sturgeon has confirmed recently is that shes a wee blaw bag who thinks shes of superior intellect than reporters and those who dont believe a word that comes out her mouth

Careful now, any dissent to our dear leader will be met with tears and snotters from the Lefty’s in our support. 

That decision is  a shiter for the larger supported teams (although they may get permission). But for us, other than the derby and or the cup game, it is business as usual at Stark's, which is brilliant.

Even IF Fife council make more than 5k a no go, 3k gid c***s in the South Stand and 2k shite c***s in the North Stand - compared to where we have been - is going to be brilliant!

Edited by HIT THE CHANNEL

8 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

That decision is  a shiter for the larger supported teams (although they may get permission). But for us, other than the derby and or the cup game, it is business as usual at Stark's, which is brilliant.

Even IF Fife council make more than 5k a no go, 3k gid c***s in the South Stand and 2k shite c***s in the North Stand - compared to where we have been - is going to be brilliant!

Aye this. Even pre-covid 5000 would have been seen as a big crowd for us so knowing we're able to get this amount into the San Starko without jumping through hoops is a bonus. Might need to request additional capacity when we win the league mind you.

2 hours ago, Paco said:

This

We,ll do well to shift 5000 tixs for either game

10 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

This

We,ll do well to shift 5000 tixs for either game

I think we will. The chance to get back to Starks will be awesome. I cannot wait. Hope to make the Aberdeen game. 

24 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I think we will. The chance to get back to Starks will be awesome. I cannot wait. Hope to make the Aberdeen game. 

I dunno, there's been ample opportunities as of late to get back to Starks but we couldn't even get 1800 home fans for the opening game of the season which was poor. 

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

Careful now, any dissent to our dear leader will be met with tears and snotters from the Lefty’s in our support. 

You mean brainwashed cultural marxists. or simply, woke.

They're easy to identify, just watch them  descend like a swarm of midges, leaving their red blotches 😄