The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

After a slow start it's good to see the Pars endearing modesty return to their thread and the league prediction thread with photos of "HMS Piss the League", announcements that they are "scudding this league" and requests that they be given the title already.

You’re gonna make yersel no well wee sacks. It’s went over your head, just stop digging. 

6 minutes ago, ribzanelli said:

Are season ticket holders in the Penman only? Was going to go with the old man on Saturday but can only get a ticket for the mcdermid and I’m no sitting at the opposite end from him on my todd.

Sounds like it. I can see Saturday turning into a bit of a farce if I'm being honest. The website says that season ticket holders will be allocated a seat in the Penman Stand by a steward. Most people I know have a row/seat which they tend to sit in. You get to know the folk around about you and have a chat with them. So you'll get a lot of people being moved from their normal seats to start with.

Then you factor in that you'll have no season ticket holders in the mix too (there's no mention of non-season ticket holders being allocated seats or whether they get to be able to pick and choose where they sit) then it'll no doubt see folk getting frustrated. I'm planning to meet my mates at the game for the first time since lockdown and sit in a similar area but knowing how football stewards and their love of authority then it'll likely be a pain in the arse. 

FWIW, last Saturday was absolutely fine in terms of seating and I didn't notice any other people having particular issues. 

Went and got my season ticket today. Wee man coming along but wants a quieter experience so would rather McDermid Stand. Asked at the office if I could use my season ticket for McDermid Stand and was told yes.

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Tbf, they said steward would allocate seats for the Stranraer friendly and they just said sit where there's a green tick.  Will be the same I imagine. 

Aye, I think folk are just going to sit where they like to be honest.

On the topic of season tickets, there’s generally a counter for us aiming for a 1000.
Would think with it being payday for most on Friday, and the day before the first home league game in 512 days, there would be a big surge in advertising them, and getting it thoroughly hyped up.
I seen today, the finance option is now available so that should benefit a number of fans.
Would be good to see a tally over the course of the week…

As for Saturday itself, I cannot wait!

7 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Some Dundee fans might revisit their opinion on Craig Wighton, but at the time, when we loaned him, they thought he was exceptional. 

He's been excellent for us. He's filled out now and can handle himself,  as well as some great touches and skill. Only 23 still.

Wighton came to us supposedly the bees n knees.It didn,t work out that way but thats what happens.

Kevin Nisbet didnt come to us with rave revues and see how that panned out...

Its not all about a players ability or potential its how they fit in at a specific club,training,how that teams players,formation etc

Wighton probably would've gotten away with simply being an afterthought had he not missed a total sitter at 3-0 in that Dumbarton game that we bottled. End result was a 3-3 draw and an alarming slide on form off the back of it. 

But yeah, he wasn't very good for us, which is always a danger when you loan young players. 

18 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

If the season ticket sales had been good or on par with previous seasons they,d have had a counter so suspect the numbers are lower than they hoped for or expected

Suspicions unfounded as I think thats a good number of seasons considering

Alan Temple doesn't get paid enough. He's single handledly dragging up the sports correspondence in the Fife area every day (FFP aside). Over the last few years there was always an emphasis in the Courier on the Tayside teams and the Fife teams always felt like a bit of an afterthought. He's well worth a follow on twitter as he's usually bang up to speed and has a couple of in depth interviews or pieces each week. 

Edited by Broken Algorithms

38 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Alan Temple doesn't get paid enough. He's single handledly dragging up the sports correspondence in the Fife area every day (FFP aside). Over the last few years there was always an emphasis in the Courier on the Tayside teams and the Fife teams always felt like a bit of an afterthought. He's well worth a follow on twitter as he's usually bang up to speed and has a couple of in depth interviews or pieces each week. 

Absolutely spot on, he’s had plenty of good Pars content lately as well.