The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Has Cochrane not stalled his career completely?

He's not a signing that would have particularly excited me anyway. 

Perhaps not you nor I'd guess quite a few others but he's exactly the type of player I could see JM & PS going for. 

Edited by Scottydog

What’s with the poles in front of the stands? Can they be taken down for games or are they a permanent feature? It’s a bit annoying that we have decent stands with no restricted views (North and South) and we’ve built a restricted view in front of them. I get that the nets protect the seats but surely you should have poles that can be removed or collapsed so they’re not there during the games.  If I wanted poles in front of me I’d sit in the Main stand. 

as for yesterday great to be through but we made bloody hard work of it.  We seem to be very slow at moving the ball this season making it easy for teams to get back in formation and hard to break down. I’m concerned where the goals are coming from as none of our strikers looks that sharp and we can’t rely on Vaughan every game.  On a plus side Berra seems to have made our defence pretty solid, they looked shakey in the friendlies but 0 conceded in the Cup is brilliant. With Bene and Berra playing in front of MacDonald that’s got to be formidable at this level. 
Because we train at Starks and others use it recreational, we put up nets on match days to stop stray shots breaking seats. It's why the first few rows in the North stand had no seats for a while before the pandemic. Its easier to have the poles up financially than to have not nets given how much the stadium is used now.

9 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Has Cochrane not stalled his career completely?

He's not a signing that would have particularly excited me anyway. 

I agree. 

I'm not convinced a midfielder who has scored one career goal in 65 appearances is our missing link. 

Yesterday was pretty frustrating, we played some good football and got into great positions only for us to overplay it, take too many touches and let Alloa set their back line.

I was pretty cynical about Connolly signing but he's turning me around, works hard, finds pockets of space and plays some pretty clever passes. Zannatta I guess was top of everyone's frustrations Yesterday. Got himself into good positions but not getting the final product.

I dunno, to some extent Alloa set out to play very defensively in a game that by then was pretty much meaningless for them: In the first half I thought the gap between us and them was as wide as I've ever seen it, bit as the game wore on good chances became half chances and less of them. I'm hoping that as we get into the league we'll find more space to play but I'm still worried were lacking a battering ram who can discomfort centre backs.

1 hour ago, Broken Algorithms said:
3 hours ago, San Starko Rover said:
What’s with the poles in front of the stands? Can they be taken down for games or are they a permanent feature? It’s a bit annoying that we have decent stands with no restricted views (North and South) and we’ve built a restricted view in front of them. I get that the nets protect the seats but surely you should have poles that can be removed or collapsed so they’re not there during the games.  If I wanted poles in front of me I’d sit in the Main stand. 

as for yesterday great to be through but we made bloody hard work of it.  We seem to be very slow at moving the ball this season making it easy for teams to get back in formation and hard to break down. I’m concerned where the goals are coming from as none of our strikers looks that sharp and we can’t rely on Vaughan every game.  On a plus side Berra seems to have made our defence pretty solid, they looked shakey in the friendlies but 0 conceded in the Cup is brilliant. With Bene and Berra playing in front of MacDonald that’s got to be formidable at this level. 

Because we train at Starks and others use it recreational, we put up nets on match days to stop stray shots breaking seats. It's why the first few rows in the North stand had no seats for a while before the pandemic. Its easier to have the poles up financially than to have not nets given how much the stadium is used now.

I’m no structural engineer but surely in the 21st century it’s possible to install poles to hold up nets that can be removed or lowered for the game instead of being between the stands and the pitch obstructing the crowds view of the game. I appreciate we require nets to protect the seats for non match day use but it’s shit having poles in front of the stand when the game is on.  

17 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I’m no structural engineer but surely in the 21st century it’s possible to install poles to hold up nets that can be removed or lowered for the game instead of being between the stands and the pitch obstructing the crowds view of the game. I appreciate we require nets to protect the seats for non match day use but it’s shit having poles in front of the stand when the game is on.  

Hibs don't seem to have any great problems removing their's between the end of the warm up and kick off. 

3 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Hibs don't seem to have any great problems removing their's between the end of the warm up and kick off. 

There must be a solution someone contact Hibs, at the end of the day we’re trying to encourage people to come along and watch games instead of sitting at home watching on TV. While the poles are hardly on the level of that bloody pillar at Celtic Park they’re still an obstruction that lessens the match day experience.  Livingston have the same but then their fans sit in the stands at the sides. So I doubt they’re bothered if it obstructs the away supporters.  

Anyone know the script with the under 5s? 
its listed that the under 5s get in for free - I paid for my 3 year old thinking with the system he’d need a ticket (no qualms about paying btw) - but noted later on it was listed on the web they get in for free. 

is it a case of contacting the club prior to going to the game or just telling the person on the turnstile? I’ve no issues paying if required. 

would like to commend the club for the pricing of the tickets for the kids. Hopefully encourages a few more kids to come do San Starko - I know from the group I attended with yesterday there will 3/4 being purchased! 

1 hour ago, Frank conner said:

We really need a target man our team is far too small and as for Dario I'm not convinced he will be an asset. 

Last season McGlynn was all talk about building a team with physicality, height. We had two big players up front, this season we have gone the opposite way. We do need a target man.

It'll probably be on the Sunday as they'll be playing in Europe on the Thursday before. 

Hopefully Matthews will be back as he cemented Scott Brown twice the last time he faced him against Celtic. I'd pay good money to witness a repeat.