The New Raith Rovers Thread

Does anyone know when we will find out what the travel arrangements and allocations will be for away games? Was looking at going up to inverness and across to the ayr away games, but don’t fancy driving. Was looking at taking the supporters bus, but I can’t seem to see anything about it on the website.

The negativity on this is wild, typically we’ve finished bottom/2nd bottom in the previous groups we’ve been in. We’ve topped the group without conceding a goal. Let’s be a bit more optimistic on that front - 4 games away from a League Cup final, we’re halfway there!
Living on a prayer?

Does anyone know when we will find out what the travel arrangements and allocations will be for away games? Was looking at going up to inverness and across to the ayr away games, but don’t fancy driving. Was looking at taking the supporters bus, but I can’t seem to see anything about it on the website.
Will probably be a wait and see job depending on the restrictions in place as and when they happen.

We need to try and formation with 2 strikers. 3 at the back  5 in midfield and 2 up top. 

Perhaps 

Musonda when fit along with Berra and Bene

Tumilty, Dick  wide wing backs with Blaise and Spencer in middle and Vaughan roaming. Up top Poplatnic or Keatings with Varian. Its great to be solid at the back but goals are needed to win games.

We need to try and formation with 2 strikers. 3 at the back  5 in midfield and 2 up top. 
Perhaps 
Musonda when fit along with Berra and Bene
Tumilty, Dick  wide wing backs with Blaise and Spencer in middle and Vaughan roaming. Up top Poplatnic or Keatings with Varian. Its great to be solid at the back but goals are needed to win games.

So playing a predominantly defensive set up is the answer to our lack of goals?

Missed the game today with work, but watched John’s post-match interview there. He seems genuinely upbeat and optimistic about our performance and that’s enough for me. I love seeing him buoyant in interviews after the game, just makes me beam with pride that he’s our manager. Love you, John x

1 hour ago, buchan30 said:

Much like theres nothing on website regards walk up prices for our league games.Pretty sure at this late stage  they,re not still thinking of what price to pitch it at

3 hours ago, grumswall said:
3 hours ago, Grant228 said:
Read an interesting point with regards to this and the behaviour of men, throughout the games history, especially the further back you go, football was the only place males could show anguish, heartbreak, sadness, anger etc in public. 

Did it include anything on sectarianism etc? Genuine question. Iv found a few of the people I know who are fairly intelligent and generally good people become sectarian, racist etc when it comes to football. Something I'd assume most can agree with.

There are a number of studies from around the world that show interesting correlations in emotions, fantasies (imagining your team will win or lose type) and outcomes. The upshot was that the more you anticipated a win, the more bitter and angry the loss made fans…surprise, surprise. In the book “Watching the English”, it is observed that sporting events are indeed one of the few emotional outburst opportunities for males. None of them, that I could see, looked into the sectarian aspect of this fandom, but I think we can take a page from political events and stories and see that similar beliefs and actions (extremism) to the ones we see there occur with a sectarian twist  much more often in the sporting realm. It is likely related to “tribalism”, and studies of that would elucidate this further.

7 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Much like theres nothing on website regards walk up prices for our league games.Pretty sure at this late stage  they,re not still thinking of what price to pitch it at

There's a lot of stuff not happening just now:  not emailing season ticket holders to offer them a renewal, not inviting player sponsors to renew, no travel info, no prices and no indication of whether/when it's coming; no food and drink even though other clubs are managing.  I know it's funny times, folk might be isolating or ill, and we'll have deliberately lean staffing.  Or maybe the club's just got too many fans and too much money, and just don't want any more! 

Managed to get along yesterday, took my two kids and went along with fellow coaches from my sons team and all their kids. The bairns absolutely loved it.

I thought we played really well first half, gave Alloa a torrid time down our left with Zanatta and Dick but it was just our final ball/decision making at times that let us down. 

other lads I was at the game with said the exact same thing - just the final ball really that let us down and on another day we’d have been out of site at half time. 

Zanatta looks like hes a player short on a little confidence, hesitated a few times and took an extra few touches rather than getting the ball out of his - but to be honest I’d be more worried if he was doing hee haw and not getting into any of these positions. All it could take is a sclaffed shot that trickles in for all I care that might be the turning point for the lad - but similar to some, I can’t stand the shite getting shouted at players after only a handful of games. Get behind the boys. 

Second half thought we just ran out of steam and just couldn’t find the break through - Alloa were really stuffy and held their shape, a lot better in the second half and I never really felt threatened at any point as I felt we were in complete control.

Berra was MoM for me thought he strolled and thought Dick was a bit more livelier today and got himself forward a bit more too. Bene solid also. Can’t really complain tbh went the full group stage without conceding a goal which is a credit to the team. 

Hopefully get a nice wee draw in the next round maybe even a wee TV appearance at home!

Yesterday was frustrating to say the least. It was great to see us create so many chances in the first half but annoying to see those opportunities squandered. I’ll admit I was in the camp that was disappointed with the Zanatta and Connolly signings. I was impressed with them both last tine but both had appeared to have declined since then. Only the latter has changed my mind. Zanatta has the ability to get himself in the right place so often, yet so rarely does anything after. I was one of those yesterday who was quite vocal when he made an error (and there was a lot) but it’s only because he either takes the extra touch and is tackled/blocked, hammers it across the goal or doesn’t put enough on it. Let me make it clear that I want anyone who puts on a rovers jersey to do well, he just infuriates me. The decision for him to get MOTM was ludicrous. Berra or Dick should have been in my opinion.

35 minutes ago, RRFC1989 said:

Yesterday was frustrating to say the least. It was great to see us create so many chances in the first half but annoying to see those opportunities squandered. I’ll admit I was in the camp that was disappointed with the Zanatta and Connolly signings. I was impressed with them both last tine but both had appeared to have declined since then. Only the latter has changed my mind. Zanatta has the ability to get himself in the right place so often, yet so rarely does anything after. I was one of those yesterday who was quite vocal when he made an error (and there was a lot) but it’s only because he either takes the extra touch and is tackled/blocked, hammers it across the goal or doesn’t put enough on it. Let me make it clear that I want anyone who puts on a rovers jersey to do well, he just infuriates me. The decision for him to get MOTM was ludicrous. Berra or Dick should have been in my opinion.

Totally agree with you mate, he got a bit of stick yes but I don’t think it was way over the top, I’m of the same opinion as you about him but like many things on this page recently it gets blown out of proportion. How he was given MOTM is beyond me

What’s with the poles in front of the stands? Can they be taken down for games or are they a permanent feature? It’s a bit annoying that we have decent stands with no restricted views (North and South) and we’ve built a restricted view in front of them. I get that the nets protect the seats but surely you should have poles that can be removed or collapsed so they’re not there during the games.  If I wanted poles in front of me I’d sit in the Main stand. 

as for yesterday great to be through but we made bloody hard work of it.  We seem to be very slow at moving the ball this season making it easy for teams to get back in formation and hard to break down. I’m concerned where the goals are coming from as none of our strikers looks that sharp and we can’t rely on Vaughan every game.  On a plus side Berra seems to have made our defence pretty solid, they looked shakey in the friendlies but 0 conceded in the Cup is brilliant. With Bene and Berra playing in front of MacDonald that’s got to be formidable at this level. 

Edited by San Starko Rover

14 hours ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Thought we played some tidy stuff in the 1st half and ripped Alloa a new one but totally lacked in the final 3rd.

Second half thought we were disappointing and totally lacked in ideas.

Never thought much of Zanatta when he was with us the first time and thats not really changed much on what i,ve seen so far..He saw a lot of the ball today but no end product.

We look pretty sound defensively but cant see where the goals are going to come from

Spot on RL, wee bit worried about our lack of goals, but overall we qualified from our group so that's a positive, first time back at Starks today and it was great to be back, thought the club have the Covid stuff pretty much spot on, but still can't see why the food kiosks can't be open though  

QotS have payed Hearts a development fee to land Harry Cochrane on a 2 Yr contract. I wonder if this was the guy our CEO Karen was hinting at us getting. He seems to tick all the right boxes of the things she said: a signing not loan, young, talented prospect that will excite fans. 

OK so we're not banging them in left, right or centre but other than LV, Tait, Spencer, Tumilty, Bene and the GK it's realistically a whole new team.  Take Jammer out of the equation and half the team are new recruits, hopefully they'll gel soon enough and the goals will come.

A big target man would be a handy addition but the pairing of Vaughan and Gullan wasn't massive but it tore the Pars a new one.