The New Raith Rovers Thread

8 minutes ago, grumswall said:
19 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:
I don't know anyone who worries about green or red dots. What is interesting is that it reveals the type of folk who give them according to who the poster is, not the merit or demerit of what is said.

I thought they were used to agree or disagree without typing out a response tbh. This thread seems to descend into this chat every few months and it's been done to death. You get people going on about liberals, people going on about cliques. It's all a bit tiresome now.

There are always cliques in forums like this; it's natural for "birds of a feather and all that", agreeing with and defending their own. It's not a big deal for me at all, there's nothing wrong with people friending up so long as they're fair to everyone's point of view; occaisionally it's not birds of a feather but a pack of dogs, that's the difference. 

36 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Steady, you'll have RATM going mental telling you there's more than 2 genders. 

Was it that guy @bring_back_the_twa_hoops who started calling him Rat Machine. RATM should really have adopted that moniker. It made me smile.

Think it was actually the guy @Big Berk

Edited by Scary Bear

27 minutes ago, grumswall said:
39 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:
I don't know anyone who worries about green or red dots. What is interesting is that it reveals the type of folk who give them according to who the poster is, not the merit or demerit of what is said.

I thought they were used to agree or disagree without typing out a response tbh. This thread seems to descend into this chat every few months and it's been done to death. You get people going on about liberals, people going on about cliques. It's all a bit tiresome now.

It’s kinda the same with the bastions of moral righteousness complaining constantly about the content of others. It’s a football forum. We all have different opinions. Some stupid some smart and some mostly smart arsed. Most if not all of the people that support Raith Rovers are not racist, sexist, homophobic etc. I might ask some daft questions. It doesn’t make me a b*****d either. So to answer your message it kinda takes two. 

Edited by baillieinleeds

8 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

There are always cliques in forums like this; it's natural for "birds of a feather and all that", agreeing with and defending their own. It's not a big deal for me at all, there's nothing wrong with people friending up so long as they're fair to everyone's point of view; occaisionally it's not birds of a feather but a pack of dogs, that's the difference. 

Bingooooo. 

10 minutes ago, grumswall said:
17 minutes ago, Raithie said:
Steady, you'll have RATM going mental telling you there's more than 2 genders. 

I agreed with what he said tbh. Anytime we sign a black player there are these comparisons made. I'm not accusing anyone of racism but it is definitely time we got past this talk and started speaking about players based on their ability as a footballer rather than getting bogged down in a racism debate.

I don’t think a black player will get them selfs in a state compared to some political correct white guy.    

we should just stick to talking about our team, and if there’s any unintentional offensive words,  a better approach, should be considered instead of the gimpy finger pointing.  most is from 32+ are not really upto date with today’s standards unless your from suburban type good upbringing or been to uni

On 20/07/2021 at 23:01, Scottydog said:

I'm predicting some pints of Tennents in the HB at 5pm on Sat 😉

If you can make Starks to the Harbour bar for 5pm you’ve left early or aren’t walking it. 

8 hours ago, Specky Ginger said:

Is going to the Harbour Bar to drink Tennents like ordering a fillet steak well done? 

Hellish news about Nick Bromfield, the proprietor of the Harbour Bar. Really nice guy. RIP. 

Probably Specky Ginger but then I don’t go into bars or restaurants to order what other people think I should have. I’m a strange person who orders things I like to eat and drink. I like my Lager Tennent’s and my Steak Rare 😜

29 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

If you can make Starks to the Harbour bar for 5pm you’ve left early or aren’t walking it. 

Probably Specky Ginger but then I don’t go into bars or restaurants to order what other people think I should have. I’m a strange person who orders things I like to eat and drink. I like my Lager Tennent’s and my Steak Rare 😜

Weirdo!....... Just like Dave! 😉