The New Raith Rovers Thread

11 minutes ago, Michael W said:

A pity, that. Hopefully McGlynn was watching closely on how other teams used to curtail him... 

As John would say "very much so". 

Up until January Kai tore virtually every team a new arsehole in the ICT games (particularly v QotS) that I saw highlights of and of course against us too. Once he joined us having played everybody at least once, most teams knew what to expect and had a handle on how to stop him (some more forcibly than other iirc). 

It'll be interesting to see if his development continues or stalls a little with the above in mind. 

1 hour ago, Raith_Raver said:

I paid the guy a compliment and you turned into a racist insult. It's arseholes like you looking for offenses on other folks' behalf that's turned society on it's head with arrogant politically correct false values.

don’t get your nickers in a twist with the white saviour gimps. have a light hearted eye roll at their predicable fake outrage.  I bet most black players would tell them to f**k off 😅

4 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

Anyone pick up on McGlynn slipping up saying Gullan instead of MacDonald in his post match interview? Would love him back again, he’s just what we need.

Hibs are about to sign a striker apparently....

6 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

NO! f**k! OFF! 

BLACK PLAYERS DON'T IMMEDIATELY HAVE TO BE COMPARED TO OTHER BLACK PLAYERS! FOR f**k SAKE! WE ARE NOT DOING THIS AGAIN! 

Now that Raith fans have had him for a season, can we appreciate how mental it was that Ugwu was compared to Tade? 

2 hours ago, baillieinleeds said:

We’ve had our ups and downs. But well  said. These people see racism in everything. They bide  their time, and wait for the right time to strike. Then their clique join in with a tirade of leftist mouth foaming. That’s why Bring Back the Twa Hoops disappeared. He said something they don’t like and by god the venom and hatred the guy got was disgusting. Malcolm X once said never ever trust White Liberals. 

Aye, you're absolutely right. You're right too about the green dot sycophant clique.

1 hour ago, Grant228 said:

This comparison is bang on the money right? 

So my initial impression of him as a rampaging forward was wrong, unlike GD he proved to be even more of a battering ram but without the ability and was rarely fit.  To add to that the more I saw of him he was physically  much more of a unit than Gregory and no where near as quick. In reality he bore less of a  comparison to GD than Vaughan does. 

Sweet of you to remember though. 

Edited by Scottydog

1 hour ago, Raith_Rasta said:

doo gooders on the edge of their seats, ready to scream out ‘racist’ at the unintentional naive politically incorrect  comments , while drinking out their marvel coffee mug.

🤣🤣

2 hours ago, Raith_Rasta said:

doo gooders on the edge of their seats, ready to scream out ‘racist’ at the unintentional naive politically incorrect  comments , while drinking out their marvel coffee mug.

I'm eternally disappointed that half of the entire viewership of GB News seem to inhabit this thread, but fair play, that made me laugh. 

1 minute ago, grumswall said:

Grown men/ women who worry about dots on an online forum are oftw.

I don't know anyone who worries about green or red dots. What is interesting is that it reveals the type of folk who give them according to who the poster is, not the merit or demerit of what is said.

I don't know anyone who worries about green or red dots. What is interesting is that it reveals the type of folk who give them according to who the poster is, not the merit or demerit of what is said.
I thought they were used to agree or disagree without typing out a response tbh. This thread seems to descend into this chat every few months and it's been done to death. You get people going on about liberals, people going on about cliques. It's all a bit tiresome now.

Steady, you'll have RATM going mental telling you there's more than 2 genders. 
I agreed with what he said tbh. Anytime we sign a black player there are these comparisons made. I'm not accusing anyone of racism but it is definitely time we got past this talk and started speaking about players based on their ability as a footballer rather than getting bogged down in a racism debate.