The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

Your right and if we can’t run a reserve team then loaning them out is the next best option, I’m not 💯 sure but rumours fife elite is folding so we may be entering a team into the under 20’s league ( have heard east fife and pars are) so if lad is 18 there is a bit of room for development before they get into team. 

Our new owners want to have our own Youth academy, I'd imagine fife elite will be binned soon enough. 

3 hours ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Hesgoal sometimes still manage to offer an alternative stream. Not that I'd condone using it...

I've watched it several times. 

However, probably best to make sure that your anti-virus stuff is tiptop before switching it on. 

2 minutes ago, Broken Algorithms said:

Nothing on hesgoal so it looks like the radio. Utter shambles from Livingston on this one. I'm eternally grateful we've got RaithTV.

What about the Sky sports app. That’s what I use if I can’t get to the game. 

9 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

I was on Sportsound for a short spell earlier but that RaithTV effort is so much more enjoyable.

Really glad they made the effort that Livi didn't.

The pisser is if Livi had told RaithTV they could sell a video or audio stream, they could have got 62.5% of the revenue, literally for free. It boggles the mind that they didn’t do something knowing RaithTV could easily broadcast, and that revenues would have to be split. Hell, even if they gave RaithA 50/50 split in exchange for broadcasting via RaithTV they’d be pounds ahead!

9 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Exactly!
To add to that list of unheard of’s :

Marvin Andrews, Tony Rougier, Paquito and to a degree Nisbet. Then there’s the loan signings who were either totally unknown or barely heard of like: Hendry, Gullan, Russell, Goodwillie and Ethan Ross.

The simple facts of life are that Rovers are not a big club and survive to a large extent living on scraps. The mark of a good housekeeper/cook is putting good food on the table while hampered with a constricted budget.  That’s John McGlynns job to try to bring in a squad on a lower budget than perhaps 4 or more of the other teams in our league. By my reckoning there were as many as 7 teams with bigger budgets than us last season and yet we finished above 5 of them.  
After doing so well last season, this season we perhaps have a bigger budget and more pulling power for bringing in better players, hopefully we see the fruits of that over the season, that is not a license to spend at will.
John McGlynn has been fortunate in having Nisbet, Hendry and to some extent Bowie but he brought in Macca, Tumilty, Musonda, Tait, Ross, Kennedy,  Gullan, Anderson and McLean, by the law of averages he won’t get it right every time so all we can hope for is his being right most of the time. This absolutely goes for our new signings, last season Musonda was a great signing and lo he’s still here! Manny and Gozie were decent but not such successes and….they’re both away.  Trust in McGlynn.

7 teams with a bigger budget than us last season?I,d be surprised if there were 5 teams that finished below us that had a bigger budget than us

12 minutes ago, TxRover said:

The pisser is if Livi had told RaithTV they could sell a video or audio stream, they could have got 62.5% of the revenue, literally for free. It boggles the mind that they didn’t do something knowing RaithTV could easily broadcast, and that revenues would have to be split. Hell, even if they gave RaithA 50/50 split in exchange for broadcasting via RaithTV they’d be pounds ahead!

From the RaithTV commentary it seems that Livi did ask the RaithTV guys for help as their setup wasn’t ready.  But they’d left it too late in the day for us to be able to get a stream up.  

Only listened to the BBC commentary but sounds like a draw was a fair result over the 90 with us better in the first half and Livi the second. Draw leaves us in a good position, hopefully get the job done on Saturday.

Still very early doors and I don’t like to read much into this tournament but definitely positives to take with the commentators impressed by Riley-Snow who should only get better with fitness and minutes under his belt. Another clean sheet for Berra and Bene as well. Musonda, Lang, Matthews, Fotheringham (probably), Keatings and Poplatnik still to add to the squad too.

Pretty sure the first year of the group stages we went into our last game at home to Alloa on the back of a draw away to Premier League opposition knowing a win would see us progress. Let’s hope history doesn’t repeat itself…