The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

South stand for away support.

Cheers, hopefully I’ll finish work on time and make the game, if not it’s only £10 which is quite reasonable for this game. Didn’t find the ticket process too bad had feared the worst after seeing the cup thread.  

A rather terse interview with Ethon - he doesnt say much yet seemed assured. He did say the training was a high standard. I'm optimitic about him, as I am with Blaize . McGlynn has a knack of spotting nuggets among the dross.
A man of few words but most of them did seem to involve pushing on.

12 minutes ago, spot on said:

In fairness to both and to most new signings for that matter, the same boring droll  questions they are asked does not give them much opportunity to come across any different.

What different questions could we ask them?

We should get a list going. Here’s my 10 off the top of my head.

Question 1: Ethon, you’re from Ireland. Have you ever seen a leprechaun?

Question 2: What’s the longest you’ve ever held your breath?

Question 3: Who would win a fight between a lion and a chimp with a machine gun?

wee break here so it doesn’t get too intense, then give him a football one again.

Question 4: Ethon, what was the first football top you owned?

Question 5: What about those Townies, Ethon. Do you know they nearly went bust and they never paid the money back? Scandalous eh? Did you know Stephen Kenny was their manager?

Question 6: That brings me to my next question Ethon, Ireland are a bit shit just now. What was it like when Luxembourg beat you at home? Pish eh? Aye, Scotland have been murder for the last 20 years, we understand.

Question 7: What is your top score at Scrabble?

Question 8: Have you seen Godzilla v Kong? Great movie Ethon, should be up for an Oscar. Who were you supporting there and why?

Question 9: Have you been down Kirkcaldy High Street? Aye? What is the first word that came to your mind?

Question 10: It’s a cracking day and you decide to go a walk on the Prom. You are caught short and need the toilet. The nearest toilets are at the Mercat. You dash to the Mercat only to find a female cleaner barring your path to bladder release with a yellow triangle and barking at you “they’re closed”. You are in danger of wetting yourself in public; a grown man. What do you do?

26 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

What different questions could we ask them?

We should get a list going. Here’s my 10 off the top of my head.

Question 1: Ethon, you’re from Ireland. Have you ever seen a leprechaun?

Question 2: What’s the longest you’ve ever held your breath?

Question 3: Who would win a fight between a lion and a chimp with a machine gun?

wee break here so it doesn’t get too intense, then give him a football one again.

Question 4: Ethon, what was the first football top you owned?

Question 5: What about those Townies, Ethon. Do you know they nearly went bust and they never paid the money back? Scandalous eh? Did you know Stephen Kenny was their manager?

Question 6: That brings me to my next question Ethon, Ireland are a bit shit just now. What was it like when Luxembourg beat you at home? Pish eh? Aye, Scotland have been murder for the last 20 years, we understand.

Question 7: What is your top score at Scrabble?

Question 8: Have you seen Godzilla v Kong? Great movie Ethon, should be up for an Oscar. Who were you supporting there and why?

Question 9: Have you been down Kirkcaldy High Street? Aye? What is the first word that came to your mind?

Question 10: It’s a cracking day and you decide to go a walk on the Prom. You are caught short and need the toilet. The nearest toilets are at the Mercat. You dash to the Mercat only to find a female cleaner barring your path to bladder release with a yellow triangle and barking at you “they’re closed”. You are in danger of wetting yourself in public; a grown man. What do you do?

Question 10:Will you miss any games due to kids birthday parties,anniversarys,rolling eggs down a hill at easter,xmas parties  or just because you cant be ersed 😜

3 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

A rather terse interview with Ethon - he doesnt say much yet seemed assured. He did say the training was a high standard. I'm optimitic about him, as I am with Blaize . McGlynn has a knack of spotting nuggets among the dross.

He said all the right things but I couldn't help but get the impression that he couldn't be arsed. 

I got the impression that he’s wondering “what the hell am I doing here”

what gets me is we let two of our kids go out on loan and brought some other teams kids in their place. That’s assuming we get Fotheringham. I’d rather we got Gullan back. 

12 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

what gets me is we let two of our kids go out on loan and brought some other teams kids in their place. 

I'm no expert, but I can't help but think it's because the players we are bringing in are better than the ones we are loaning out. 

I got the impression that he’s wondering “what the hell am I doing here”
what gets me is we let two of our kids go out on loan and brought some other teams kids in their place. That’s assuming we get Fotheringham. I’d rather we got Gullan back. 
You do realise that players of the same age can be at different levels of ability? Mcglynn has already stated that our younger players will go out on loan because they need more game time. That suggests they wouldn't get it here because they aren't ready to play championship level football. Bringing in an u21 internationalist, would suggest he has more experience at a similar age and may be a bit further on in his development.