The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

"Highlights" of Blaise Riley-Snow from a couple of years ago - some terrific distribution and a bit of skill on the ball:

https://www.hudl.com/profile/12226391/Blaise-RileySnow

I'll base his qualities against Championship sides. 7th tier Spanish football isn't exactly the best.

24 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I'll base his qualities against Championship sides. 7th tier Spanish football isn't exactly the best.

Being able to ping long balls with pin point accuracy has nothing to do with the standard of opposition. McGlynn has decided that he's unfazed by his 7th tier Spanish history, and he played for Barnet who were until fairly recently were a league club.

32 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

Being able to ping long balls with pin point accuracy has nothing to do with the standard of opposition. McGlynn has decided that he's unfazed by his 7th tier Spanish history, and he played for Barnet who were until fairly recently were a league club.

Played for Barnet I see no record of 1st team appearances. He's been at Harefield since 2016 no idea what league they are. He's only 23 so must have been a boy when he played at Barnet. I hope he's good but will reserve judgement. 

2 hours ago, Lang Toun Lad said:

So if Fotheringham comes in does that complete the squad for now? I can't see us adding anyone else in and any funds left over will be used in January.

Gullan will sign on loan on deadline day. The only question is will it the the summer window or the January window?

7 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

Alloa beat Livingston, we’ll probably never have a better chance to get out the groups than this season. 

Hardest two games to come, but  if we can win one of them, then it’d probably see us in second place and on 9 points at worst. With a decent goal difference then it’d probably be enough to see us through.

That said, if results go as expected and we lose to Livi and Alloa beat Brechin midweek then its four teams on 6 points and a final day shoot out. 

24 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Davidson red card. 

The man really is an utter liability. 

I, like most others on here, have slated Davidson's disciplinary record over the years, but I'll maybe wait to see what happened before passing judgement, given his last two red cards for the Rovers were a sick joke (Todorov playacting and no contact against Hearts, which was later rescinded). 

It was a straight red for a foul, therefore it might have been a case of taking one for the team.