The New Raith Rovers Thread

I was unavoidably late getting to the ground on Tuesday night and missed my timeslot, arriving in the middle of the next one. Got in no bother at all, not even a glance, then today I've got an email saying the club hopes I enjoy the game on Saturday (Friday), then in bold telling me to arrive within my allocated timeslot.

Are they reviewing arrivals after the event to comply with something or is it a standard reminder?

In honour of Iain Davidson's  testimonial, what are everyone's favourite Davo suspensions.

I have to admit to being a huge fan of him contriving to get sent off after the final whistle in a 2-1 win at Arbroath back in 2009.

Runner up is probably 2 years ago when he booted the Airdrie boy 5 yards in the air for no apparent reason.

3 minutes ago, renton said:

In honour of Iain Davidson's  testimonial, what are everyone's favourite Davo suspensions.

I have to admit to being a huge fan of him contriving to get sent off after the final whistle in a 2-1 win at Arbroath back in 2009.

Runner up is probably 2 years ago when he booted the Airdrie boy 5 yards in the air for no apparent reason.

Away to Albion Rovers in a cup game midweek for me. 

7 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Away to Albion Rovers in a cup game midweek for me. 

I mind him getting sent off, that the game that went to pens, right? What was that for again?

35 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

.Are they reviewing arrivals after the event to comply with something or is it a standard reminder?

You are just being paranoid, and don’t worry about the Gas Board van down the street, it certainly isn’t a Police Scotland surveillance van.

25 minutes ago, renton said:

I mind him getting sent off, that the game that went to pens, right? What was that for again?

I’m sure it was a second yellow, possibly for throwing the ball away? We’d missed a penalty earlier in the game and then won on pens after ET. I mind him telling the whole away end to f**k off whilst flicking the bird repeatedly. 

38 minutes ago, renton said:

Without a doubt, it's the straight red he got for booting the ball into the face of Robert Snodgrass, who'd just taken a dive and was lying on the turf. 

31 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m sure it was a second yellow, possibly for throwing the ball away? We’d missed a penalty earlier in the game and then won on pens after ET. I mind him telling the whole away end to f**k off whilst flicking the bird repeatedly. 

That's right, I mind his reaction. Vague memories of the penalties: Sparky stepping up and putting it in the top corner, Silvestro (ex Wee Rovers player) skied his?

3 hours ago, renton said:

This is the one that springs to mind first for me. Punched the boy on the heid. 

Pretty sure that we were in the midst of the run that would see us beat Ayr to the title and I was beelin at him as he was leaving us short. 

Will echo what others have said about the interview with him. Brilliant. 

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

Great interview.  I've been harsh to him over the years but really hammers home that he's been a great servant to the club. 

I’m sure 99% of us have done the same, it’s inevitable with a player like Davo who has the odd rush of blood to the head but he’s definitely been a great servant to the club and a good player for us and fully deserves his testimonial it’s just a shame it’s limited by Covid-19 but there’s not much we can do about that one. Really enjoyed the interview it’s an incredible achievement how many games he’s played for us and I’m glad he said he’s never had any over the top grief from fans over the years.  Amazing he goes as far back as Anelka seems too long ago for him to still be playing. Hopefully he enjoys his testimonial it’d been a crime if he left without the chance to say goodbye to at least a limited crowd after that many appearances.