The New Raith Rovers Thread

35 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Last season we were very seldom in any position to deploy any of our younger players to get experience, especially after the first go around the league. We won by more than one goal once in March and April, and six times between late October and February. After Duku cooled off we ground out wins and draws. We played acceptably versus Cowdenbeath, but very nearly ended up with a draw for all the good work we did because we showed little threat.

Please belt up about the fucking youngsters, christ almighty min. 

5 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Please belt up about the fucking youngsters, christ almighty min. 

“The New Raith Rovers Thread”…can’t see a “*Na talk o weans”. Where do you think Bowie and Tait came from, for a start.

Anyone else starting to get the feeling we might actually get out of the group for the first time ever? Beat Alloa and then Livi is essentially a free hit? Maybe I’m being too optimistic…

Is it top 2 that go through? Or top and best placed 2nd place?

8 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Is it top 2 that go through? Or top and best placed 2nd place?

Knock-out rounds
The eight group winners and three best runners-up progress to the second round, where they are joined by the five clubs competing in European competitions - Rangers, Celtic, Hibernian, Aberdeen and St Johnstone, who are also the cup holders.

Premier Sports Cup Format | SPFL

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Tumilty's engine and work rate has been unreal. 

Has been since he joined us. It’s simply amazing that Ross Co (used him at RM), Falkirk (RM and a little RB), Morton (RB) and Dumbarton (RB plus a bit of LB and RM) all decided that Tumilty wasn’t able to perform at their respective levels. While youth and development account for some of that, his drive and engine would have always been there, it just took JMcG’s love of flying wingbacks to develop him into, arguably, the best RB in the Scottish Championship. I really hope we are pursuing a extension of Tumilty’s contract already, as losing him and Frankie at the end of this year would be brutal. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Reghan move up to the Premiership or down south on his next contract, unfortunately.

I was unable to watch, how did Arnott and Mitchell do in cleanup time?

1 hour ago, therollorose said:

Anyone else starting to get the feeling we might actually get out of the group for the first time ever? Beat Alloa and then Livi is essentially a free hit? Maybe I’m being too optimistic…

The wee flaw in there is that we play Livingston before Alloa. 

21 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Has been since he joined us. It’s simply amazing that Ross Co (used him at RM), Falkirk (RM and a little RB), Morton (RB) and Dumbarton (RB plus a bit of LB and RM) all decided that Tumilty wasn’t able to perform at their respective levels. While youth and development account for some of that, his drive and engine would have always been there, it just took JMcG’s love of flying wingbacks to develop him into, arguably, the best RB in the Scottish Championship. I really hope we are pursuing a extension of Tumilty’s contract already, as losing him and Frankie at the end of this year would be brutal. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Reghan move up to the Premiership or down south on his next contract, unfortunately.

I was unable to watch, how did Arnott and Mitchell do in cleanup time?

We'll tell you, but you've got to promise to never use this phrase again. 

Has Connolly been given more of a free role?
I thought he was brought in as a winger, with Zanatta on the other side? But several times in the games we have played, he seems to find himself in the same areas or positions as Dario.

5 minutes ago, buchan30 said:

Has Connolly been given more of a free role?
I thought he was brought in as a winger, with Zanatta on the other side? But several times in the games we have played, he seems to find himself in the same areas or positions as Dario.

I think tonight Brechin were sitting so deep that Berra was pretty much the lone centre half, Bene was almost a right wing back and Tumilty pretty much a right midfielder which freed up Connolly to float about more.