The New Raith Rovers Thread

Best bit for me today wasn't the football itself. The best bit was being back. I dont think I walked 5 yards without seeing someone I knew, someone I wanted to say hi or talk to, or even just someone I'm on nodding terms with.

Loved it.

26 minutes ago, keyser_soze said:

Central park is without a doubt the WORST place ever to watch a football match ...

Have to agree, tho Shielfield matches it. It wasn't so too bad until they stopped us getting to the terracing opposite the stands.

29 minutes ago, renton said:

Best bit for me today wasn't the football itself. The best bit was being back. I dont think I walked 5 yards without seeing someone I knew, someone I wanted to say hi or talk to, or even just someone I'm on nodding terms with.

Loved it.

Aye pretty much this. Don't think I've ever been that excited to get to Central Park. Met and stood with several folk I've not seen since last March/April and naturally saw a lot of familiar faces, yourself included 😉 

Decent away support, not much in the way of atmosphere but was good to see the young team turned up so they've not jacked it in yet. 

PS that fuckin PA system is stupidly loud. 

29 minutes ago, renton said:

Loved it.

Was good to see you. My boy lasted about 5 minutes before he told me he wanted a seat and I had to go and sit on the grass. Approximately 23 minutes into the first half he was bored. By Half-time he’d had enough. I’ll need to work on his Rovers endurance levels. Not sure he is ready for football viewing yet. He just likes kicking a ball about.

I saw the folk from A View From the Terrace were at the game and was suitably impressed. Easily my favourite football show.

3 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Aye pretty much this. Don't think I've ever been that excited to get to Central Park. Met and stood with several folk I've not seen since last March/April and naturally saw a lot of familiar faces, yourself included 😉 

Decent away support, not much in the way of atmosphere but was good to see the young team turned up so they've not jacked it in yet. 

PS that fuckin PA system is stupidly loud. 

That PA system was a pain in the arse. Couldn’t hear the announcements, couldn’t fail to hear the shitty music.

5 hours ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

I’m also a wee bit concerned about CM, wide and striker. But…

It’s been 497 days since I was at Dumbarton to watch the Rovers lose 1-0 to a 90+ minute goal. I’ve just come over the fourth road bridge on a 6 hour round trip from southside Glasgow to Cowdenbeath. A few cans, trains, watching the Rovers with my pals.  Feeling emotional. That’s what really matters. I fucking love the Rovers. COME ON!!

Glad you enjoyed the day as much as I and many others did, but would you consider it rude of me to inquire how you managed to get across the Forth Road Bridge on a train? 

8 minutes ago, Beachbum said:

Cowden post match - "Still 2 or 3 players to come in."

He'll unearth a few gems.  Genuinely don't think we'll see a better manager in this generation. 

15 minutes ago, Specky Ginger said:

Glad you enjoyed the day as much as I and many others did, but would you consider it rude of me to inquire how you managed to get across the Forth Road Bridge on a train? 

I’ve just come over the fourth road bridge on a 6 hour round trip from southside Glasgow to Cowdenbeath

Ah!  But it was the "fourth road bridge" so maybe it carried both road and rail. Built overnight just for the game!🤔😂

Edited by embow

2 or 3 should be enough to keep us away from trouble at the foot of the table but I think we'd need another couple to have us up in promotion contention. 

It's a bit annoying to hear McGlynn talking about the praise we got from The Rangers to then see Kennedy and the lad Williamson who was at Arbroath seemingly heading to Dunfermline. 

22 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

t's a bit annoying to hear McGlynn talking about the praise we got from The Rangers to then see Kennedy and the lad Williamson who was at Arbroath seemingly heading to Dunfermline. 

Heard the rumours about Kennedy. Where did you hear about Williamson coming to us?

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's a bit annoying to hear McGlynn talking about the praise we got from The Rangers to then see Kennedy and the lad Williamson who was at Arbroath seemingly heading to Dunfermline. 

I think it was the cost of the loans. McGlynn said that in a prevous interview that some loans certainly weren't cheap.

Really enjoyed that.  Great just to nod "alright" to random folk you only see on a Saturday again. Actually felt like the football was back,  as good as the friendlies were.

There's still work to be done, and those 2/3 signings are needed, but that's a perfectly fine group of players. Dominated and controlled the ball, and on a tight pitch, that's all you can ask for.

Lewis Vaughan could be fucking immense this season. Looked really sharp today.

54 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Really enjoyed that.  Great just to nod "alright" to random folk you only see on a Saturday again. Actually felt like the football was back,  as good as the friendlies were.

There's still work to be done, and those 2/3 signings are needed, but that's a perfectly fine group of players. Dominated and controlled the ball, and on a tight pitch, that's all you can ask for.

Lewis Vaughan could be fucking immense this season. Looked really sharp today.

she from Kirkcaldy?

16 hours ago, Scary Bear said:

Was good to see you. My boy lasted about 5 minutes before he told me he wanted a seat and I had to go and sit on the grass. Approximately 23 minutes into the first half he was bored. By Half-time he’d had enough. I’ll need to work on his Rovers endurance levels. Not sure he is ready for football viewing yet. He just likes kicking a ball about.

I saw the folk from A View From the Terrace were at the game and was suitably impressed. Easily my favourite football show.

I think I was sitting next to you on the grass as I heard your wee boy getting progressively more cheesed off, he obviously preferred kicking the ball rather than watching it.

Didn't make it along yesterday and just watched the highlights. Looks like we battered them 1-0. And the highlights confirm that away strip is a thing of beauty. If I wasn't the age I am I'd be having one. On 2nd thoughts, I might get one for the walking football. Age is just a number.

31 minutes ago, Ricoh said:

I think I was sitting next to you on the grass as I heard your wee boy getting progressively more cheesed off, he obviously preferred kicking the ball rather than watching it.

That was just his second game. He’s shown no interest in football until this summer. Euro 2020 seems to have had an influence. I think he likes the idea of watching football. Probably better just playing at his age but I’ve got him a season ticket and I’ll take him to a few games.