The New Raith Rovers Thread

I can't see myself being in the market for a full price football shirt anytime soon, until/unless the bairn starts wanting them at some point - ideally the club ends up with the thing that generates the most available revenue/buzz and I don't mind what it looks like as long as it doesn't make us look like, ken, thunderbird ones.

6 hours ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I always think we really miss a trick with the away strip by making it really safe. Partick Thistle have nailed it a few times by just making their away strip a completely off the wall effort. I’d be far more likely to buy something that was gold with purple and pink trim with a rainbow on the sleeve and a kaleidoscope design on the back than a safe white and blue effort that’s basically a reverse of the home strip. For me, we need to make the away strip something that grabs people’s imagination, and accept that it’ll divide opinion. But what do I know? f**k all.

I'm with you. There's nothing that would make me more likely to buy a Rovers kit than fluorescence. Pink would be lovely. 

It's definitely something that you can't do half-hearted though. Was it the season after Thistle had their pink camo effort that we went for the pink kit that just looked faded and had the burgundy details? Really, really poor. 

As above, as long as it's not just a reverse of the home kit, it'll be fine. And looking at the detail on the teaser, it won't be. 

Hopefully we'll go daft next year. Like a fully blacked out kit, or one do those all-in-one playsuits like Cameroon took to the African Cup of Nations. 

6 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

Not a fan.

E5w1WlsXsAYQOEB.jpeg

What happened to 12pm? Decide it was shite and just dump it out there?

It's genuinely awful. The home kit has grown on me a fair bit but that is just.... ugh.

Edited by renton

19 minutes ago, Enigma said:

217B36E7-795C-4CE7-9ABB-68557CFC106F.thumb.jpeg.df80c421805c9123a030c195ff8c4ef0.jpeg

A good design rule for any proposed kit in the future should be to give Enigma 5 minutes to see if he can find something to photoshop it with...

Edited by renton

10 minutes ago, renton said:

Still curious why the 12pm reveal became a dump it out there at half ten job.

Maybe one of the scheduled posts went up earlier than intended.

Edited by Roath Raver

11 minutes ago, renton said:

A good design rule for any proposed kit in the future should be to give Enigma 5 minutes to see if he can find something to photoshop it with...

This one is too easy…

0FBE9F8A-5E3F-47DE-A344-FCDEEF06F08E.thumb.jpeg.70509509b622405bf95edc96cf0eb8cd.jpeg

haha whilst the photoshops are actually quite accurate.

I genuinely really like it!
I hadn't bought a strip since 2005, lockdown and covid nonsense happened and now I am going to be a proud owner of the last three away kits.