The New Raith Rovers Thread

I don't honestly see us competing for promotion this season like we did last season. Its very much a case of we established ourselves back in the championship and with a bit of luck would have went beyond that. This season, maybe even next, is where mcglynn needs to be building a squad capable of promotion imo. He at least on paper has a very solid defensive foundation and a good core of players middle and front. We need a little bit more quality added to challenge in the same way we did last season though.

I haven't been Davos biggest fan the past few seasons but he has been a great servant and deserves his testimonial. I won't be taking a ticket for it, simply due to the competitive games we have that I'd rather spend my money on. Plus we are actually playing against him (unless he's suspended) in the league Cup. It will be a good enough fixture for fans who can't attend his testimonial to give him his dues.

Can't understand the whinging that's going on about the season tickets. Works out at £16.66 a game, which will be likely be lower than the walk up price, whenever that is finally announced/allowed.

I mean, what would've been acceptable? £280? £270? Are you actually quibbling over 20 or 30 quid over a season?

Kids pricing very, very reasonable.

If you were to miss say the Pars game which is rearranged you are pretty much out of pocket. Where is the incentive in that?

1 minute ago, foreverarover said:
On 04/07/2021 at 09:33, RavyDavy said:
Can't understand the whinging that's going on about the season tickets. Works out at £16.66 a game, which will be likely be lower than the walk up price, whenever that is finally announced/allowed.

I mean, what would've been acceptable? £280? £270? Are you actually quibbling over 20 or 30 quid over a season?

Kids pricing very, very reasonable.

If you were to miss say the Pars game which is rearranged you are pretty much out of pocket. Where is the incentive in that?

Due to the impressive performance last year, with no fans, and many TV games causing lack of revenue, I'm going to take a stab at loyalty to the club.

That what he does well...get the ball into his feet and get lads running off him. Think he'll do well for you guys, I really like him but we didn't play to his strengths
Dont we already have two of this style of player in Vaughan and keatings?

How do you come to the conclusion that missing one game puts you out of pocket? [emoji848]

Pleased that Davo’s testimonial is heading for a sell out. Like most Rovers fans it’s been a bumpy relationship with the player at times, but it would be extremely churlish to not recognise the contribution he’s made for us over the years, especially beating Ayr to the title to get us back to the Championship.  I can’t make the game as I’m on holiday but will happily pay for the stream. Hope he gets a great reception. 

8 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Pleased that Davo’s testimonial is heading for a sell out. Like most Rovers fans it’s been a bumpy relationship with the player at times, but it would be extremely churlish to not recognise the contribution he’s made for us over the years, especially beating Ayr to the title to get us back to the Championship.  I can’t make the game as I’m on holiday but will happily pay for the stream. Hope he gets a great reception. 

For all the guys flaws, he had a lot to be fair. The only A#%€$a signing that lasted the pace. He utterly frustrated the life out of me. Red Cards, Bad Attitude. Out of all that though he was a team player. 

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

For all the guys flaws, he had a lot to be fair. The only A#%€$a signing that lasted the pace. He utterly frustrated the life out of me. Red Cards, Bad Attitude. Out of all that though he was a team player. 

Heard a bit of his K107 interview and was impressed he acknowledged both the ups and downs and the problem he had with discipline, so fair play to him, but he’s featured and contributed to some great Rovers teams and performances over the years. 

37 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Heard a bit of his K107 interview and was impressed he acknowledged both the ups and downs and the problem he had with discipline, so fair play to him, but he’s featured and contributed to some great Rovers teams and performances over the years. 

He has and that is why I bought tickets for the game, some guy was giving him abuse up at Brechin and he turns around and says shut it you tadger 😂😂 the guy never said a word again 

A wee bit off topic. I replaced my phone about a year ago. The Pie and Bovril App doesn’t work anymore. So have to use a different server to access. Is there any news on a new  App in readiness. 

A wee bit off topic. I replaced my phone about a year ago. The Pie and Bovril App doesn’t work anymore. So have to use a different server to access. Is there any news on a new  App in readiness. 

I only use the P&B app (on my phone), not on say an iPad or laptop. Maybe worth uninstalling the app and reinstalling? Alternatively, msg the guy on Twitter, he’s sound.

25 minutes ago, WSDR 88 said:

I only use the P&B app (on my phone), not on say an iPad or laptop. Maybe worth uninstalling the app and reinstalling? Alternatively, msg the guy on Twitter, he’s sound.

Cheers mate thanks