The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
12 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:
Some are pointing out that the club is not a charity and has to charge what it needs to be competitive. Fair enough. Others are saying fans should be prepared to splash out more to help the club. It can't be both; if the club isn't a charity fans shouldn't be expected to be donating "charitably", and it becomes all about value for money.

Football at our level is never a value for money proposition. Possibly not at any level. Going to the Kino vs going to the Odeon for entertainment is about value for money. Watching your football team isn't. It's about things like local pride, tribalism, heritage, belonging etc. It's not sausages you're buying.

Agreed, I'm not arguing one way or another. Whereas some folk will back the club whatever the ST prices (acting charitably towards the clubyou might say) others find them challenging their finances too much and decide their money has higher priorities.

28 minutes ago, HoustonRover said:

What’s the deal with RaithTV for out of country Rovers? Not seen any info and when I tried to log-in it said info to come?

Might be wrong but is it not being closed and replaced with the new online lounge?

56 minutes ago, pub car king said:

Any news on patg prices or how it will work ie prepaid tickets?

I'll be home for the first pars game and will be exposing child number 1 to the San Starko for the first time. 

Been nothing so far on patg but i reckon adult will pitched at minimum £20

Edited by Rovers_Lad

On the season tickets my two bobs  worth, I bought one for my son and I , yeah I’m not making a great saving but for me it’s about supporting the club, don’t think the price is too bad and adults are certainly paying a part of the kids tickets which I think is a good thing to get the youngsters of the Lang toun down supporting the club in greater numbers. The young team were doing good things in creating an atmosphere and encouraging there pals to come along so cheaper tickets will help with that. Hopefully some keep coming as adults and there kids etc. Heard there was another closed door game to give the trialists a run out, anyone heard any rumours?

2 hours ago, Been going too long said:

On the season tickets my two bobs  worth, I bought one for my son and I , yeah I’m not making a great saving but for me it’s about supporting the club, don’t think the price is too bad and adults are certainly paying a part of the kids tickets which I think is a good thing to get the youngsters of the Lang toun down supporting the club in greater numbers. The young team were doing good things in creating an atmosphere and encouraging there pals to come along so cheaper tickets will help with that. Hopefully some keep coming as adults and there kids etc. Heard there was another closed door game to give the trialists a run out, anyone heard any rumours?

Bounce game with all young lads,  the club looking to sign up to 7 of them… not sure if are running a youth set up or reserves this season but certainly sounds like there gearing up towards that end.

Guest Axle Grease
4 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:
4 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:
Some are pointing out that the club is not a charity and has to charge what it needs to be competitive. Fair enough. Others are saying fans should be prepared to splash out more to help the club. It can't be both; if the club isn't a charity fans shouldn't be expected to be donating "charitably", and it becomes all about value for money.

Football at our level is never a value for money proposition. Possibly not at any level. Going to the Kino vs going to the Odeon for entertainment is about value for money. Watching your football team isn't. It's about things like local pride, tribalism, heritage, belonging etc. It's not sausages you're buying.

Fact

15 minutes ago, Raithie said:

Hibs have sold out their away allocation for Davos testimonial, nothing to stop them buying tickets for Penman Stand... 

I suspect its a reflection on our poor sales that they,ve sold tickets to Hibs

23 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

I suspect its a reflection on our poor sales that they,ve sold tickets to Hibs

I have a nagging feeling, which I hope I'm wrong about, that our home crowds post lockdown are going to be a decent bit less than they were pre lockdown. 

28 minutes ago, Zen Archer (Raconteur) said:

It's more likely people gagging to go to an away game and Hibs fanbase that drove the sellout.

Not questioning the reason for hibs selling out their allocation more  the possible reason for actually selling tickets to hibs for  a 1000 attendance may be a reflection on the poor take up from our side for a player who is deserving of 1000 home supporters

Edited by Rovers_Lad

To be honest Davo divides the Rovers support which may have an impact on sales  but who knows, regarding season tickets I’ve renewed this season again but it may not be suitable for everyone’s finances but you have to ask yourself one question if your wanting the rovers to compete in a very competitive league you have to pay the wages which sadly comes at a cost or would most punters rather be kicking about the relegation zone this season

2 minutes ago, basher brash said:

To be honest Davo divides the Rovers support which may have an impact on sales  but who knows, regarding season tickets I’ve renewed this season again but it may not be suitable for everyone’s finances but you have to ask yourself one question if your wanting the rovers to compete in a very competitive league you have to pay the wages which sadly comes at a cost or would most punters rather be kicking about the relegation zone this season

He has caused me no end of angst over the years and I call him out for his antics, however, the best moment when he 'took a pea in the heid' was August 25th 2018 when he got sent off, who knew that would spur the team into on of the greatest comebacks in the team's history.