The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I think the club might have been sold a bit of a dummy by the Trust on this one. This statement from the Trust suggests that they were consulted, and gave the club the green light on this season's pricing. Particularly this section:

"It’s great to reward fans for their loyalty, but most of them will be loyal regardless – giving them something extra may be a more meaningful way of saying thank you than giving them a discount."

Looking at the uptake of refunds the season before (which the Trust underwrote, it should be noted) I can see where that view would come from. 

I do also think, though, that the offer of a partial refund would have been a bit of a free hit, PR wise. If they'd come out and said "Everyone can have £50 back, or it'll go into the transfer kitty", I can't imagine many (other than those who need it) would've taken that up. 

This is not to give the club a pass, or to start throwing stones at the Trust, but I think it is a partial mitigation from the club. They've not just unilaterally made a decision, they have consulted with others, albeit they've still ended up with an outcome that could have been better. 

Think this is a bit disingenuous toward the Trust.  Ultimately the club does what it wants on pricing and no fan group gets to ‘green light’ it.  As far as I’m aware, the Trust weren’t consulted on pricing, it was more the Trust off their own back actively arguing the case on making kids season ticket prices more affordable, which they’ve been doing for the last few years I think.  Their statement reflects that the club have  finally listened to that argument.

If folk are angry about adult season ticket pricing, then it’s the Board of Directors that have a case to answer, especially the fans rep who presumably sat round that table while the final decisions were being made?  Feels a bit unfair to blame a fans group who actually lobbied to help get affordable kids pricing. There’s no point having things like the Roary Club (which the Trust funds) if the cost of bringing kids under 11 along to the game is ridiculous which it had been until this season. 

33 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I don't recall the midfield struggling when Hendry was out injured or suspended.

PS - I wasn't going to say Tait, but explain why Tait in midfield would be ridiculous.

Is any midfield player who's not called Hendry going to be "ridiculous?!?"

You need to get over Hendry, and stop your "ridiculous" overstatements.

You need to maybe wind your neck in. Or even better put me on ignore. If words offend your sensibilities 

12 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

You need to maybe wind your neck in. Or even better put me on ignore. If words offend your sensibilities 

The issue isn't my sensibilities, it's your assertion that without Hendry we don't have an effective midfield.

20 minutes ago, roverthemoon said:

Think this is a bit disingenuous toward the Trust.  Ultimately the club does what it wants on pricing and no fan group gets to ‘green light’ it.  As far as I’m aware, the Trust weren’t consulted on pricing, it was more the Trust off their own back actively arguing the case on making kids season ticket prices more affordable, which they’ve been doing for the last few years I think.  Their statement reflects that the club have  finally listened to that argument.

If folk are angry about adult season ticket pricing, then it’s the Board of Directors that have a case to answer, especially the fans rep who presumably sat round that table while the final decisions were being made?  Feels a bit unfair to blame a fans group who actually lobbied to help get affordable kids pricing. There’s no point having things like the Roary Club (which the Trust funds) if the cost of bringing kids under 11 along to the game is ridiculous which it had been until this season. 

I've maybe not explained my position too well. I'm by no means blaming the Trust for anything or absolving the board. Just that there was clearly some sort of canvassing and there wasn't a "that's a dreadful idea, don't do that" from the Trust, rather the opposite. 

To be perfectly honest, I'd have probably given the same feedback if they'd asked me. I didn't quite get the furore when the tickets were announced. There certainly could've been more done "for the fans" but I wasn't expecting anything. 

Keatings robbed of his first with a nice clearance off the line, but Connolly pinballs it in as it’s recycled.  Followed by a very nice one two with Vaughan and Keatings and a shot just over. Much nicer looking forward play right now, but it’s lashing it down.

8 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I've maybe not explained my position too well. I'm by no means blaming the Trust for anything or absolving the board. Just that there was clearly some sort of canvassing and there wasn't a "that's a dreadful idea, don't do that" from the Trust, rather the opposite. 

To be perfectly honest, I'd have probably given the same feedback if they'd asked me. I didn't quite get the furore when the tickets were announced. There certainly could've been more done "for the fans" but I wasn't expecting anything. 

Don’t think the final prices announced were ever run past or checked with the Trust or any other fan groups. 

I’m with you on not really reacting to the prices. After the relative success of last season and COVID  I sort of expected the club to get the arm in a little. Maybe just worn down by years of the club always being a bit tight. 

1 minute ago, Raithie said:

Fairly dominant first half. QP have looked pish. 

QP are playing a nice pressure game with a high line, and doing OK for a League One team. They’ve been unlucky on a couple of opportunities, so we certainly aren’t dominating, but we don’t look terribly bothered. Zanatta, Keatings and Vaughan playing well together, and Connolly nipped in nicely to score. The Fife Elite lad, Greg Young (Trialist A, at LB), is still looking like a nice player to sign now as a MA to develop. Looks certainly ready to play at a League Two level or so at 17, I’d like to see us take a chance. Berra’s coaching him a lot less today than last week, seems he listens well and learns. Tumilty is still a truly class act, a beautiful cross that Keatings missed by less than a foot as he slid in at the back post.

26 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Keatings robbed of his first with a nice clearance off the line, but Connolly pinballs it in as it’s recycled.  Followed by a very nice one two with Vaughan and Keatings and a shot just over. Much nicer looking forward play right now, but it’s lashing it down.

Chuckin it doon.