The New Raith Rovers Thread

13 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Tam O Brien,

Very good player, no doubt but he is under contract until 2024, part time or not he would never have been a viable option for us this summer.

On the move to full time, obviously McGlynn having more time with the players and access to a larger pool of talent are the main benefits.

However, I was told last year something that annoyed Scott Boyd was how much time the first team took up of ‘peak’ rental time for the pitch by training at night on Tuesday and Thursday. With the team training during the day now it frees up extra rental space and revenue from the pitch at night through the week. Might not sound like much but I’m sure over the year it will add up.

Edited by R.R.FC

13 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Anyone who thought we could go for the title is completely off their nut.

I’d be delighted with 6th, Thistle are more likely to recreate what we did last year.

I’d take 6th. Partick look really strong. McCall’s mind games are annoying. There’s no way we can outspend them. My honest truth about our  chances this season might hurt some feels

Edited by baillieinleeds

30 minutes ago, Beastie Russell said:

Anyone who thought we could go for the title is completely off their nut.

I’d be delighted with 6th, Thistle are more likely to recreate what we did last year.

Delighted with 6th? Are we going to get a cup run as well like we did under Murray?

Can you watch the games online again this season with your season ticket number?

I’ve bought my season ticket but I can’t make the game today. Kids sports clubs have replaced kids birthday parties.

4 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

I'd be disappointed with 6th. There's no Hearts or Dundee and I expect us to be harder to beat than last season.

We’ve lost a few key players. It’s all about whether McGlynn can make a team out of what he’s signed.

Keatings is an excellent player for this level but he’s had injuries. Same with Vaughan. If they stay fit we’ll do okay and get goals. If not, who is getting goals? You would hope the likes of Zanatta and Connolly could chip in, but realistically, how many will they score?

Midfield is where we’re missing quality. Losing Hendry and Armstrong is difficult to make up for. They also added goals and assists. Matthews being out injured is a blow too. Hopefully Tait can fulfil his potential and be our key player in midfield.

Leaving out the young guys who have little to no experience, we only have 17 players. That’s a thin squad and we already have injuries to some of them.

44 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I’d take 6th. Partick look really strong. McCall’s mind games are annoying. There’s no way we can outspend them. My honest truth about our  chances this season might hurt some feels

But this is every season though right? 

34 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

Can you watch the games online again this season with your season ticket number?

I’ve bought my season ticket but I can’t make the game today. Kids sports clubs have replaced kids birthday parties.

Game today is free to air on Raith TV

edited, remember its 2pm kick off peeps

Edited by keyser_soze

We've good players to come back from injury. As for the midfield I think we'll be fine, to think we had King in there, and I reckon the forward line will be better without Duku and Ugwu. As for the fancied teams they're rebuilding too and how they will do is mere speculation. I expect us to be comfortably top four.

3 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

We've good players to come back from injury. As for the midfield I think we'll be fine, to think we had King in there, and I reckon the forward line will be better without Duku and Ugwu. As for the fancied teams they're rebuilding too and how they will do is mere speculation. I expect us to be comfortably top four.

Midfield is fine?!?!, tell me who’s filling the void left by Hendry. Don’t say Tait as that’s ridiculous 

Edited by baillieinleeds

1 minute ago, baillieinleeds said:

Midfield is fine?!?!, tell me who’s filling the void left by Hendry. Don’t say Tait as that’s ridiculous 

Agreed midfield is a body short  someone who is comfortable on the ball. Wingers are one short and up front we are still one short and any striker coming in needs to be a target man. 

11 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

I don't recall the midfield struggling when Hendry was out injured or suspended.

PS - I wasn't going to say Tait, but explain why Tait in midfield would be ridiculous.

Is any midfield player who's not called Hendry going to be "ridiculous?!?"

You need to get over Hendry, and stop your "ridiculous" overstatements.

Edited by Raith_Raver

44 minutes ago, baillieinleeds said:

Of course, what else is there to talk about. You’d think it was only Rovers fans that hate each other. 

Never said anything about hating each other…🤷‍♂️😂

Just don’t understand the negativity. But everyone’s different. 

13 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Teams up is it the same 3 trialists.

Number 21 is the same young left back filling in for Liam Dick who played 90 minutes (I think?) midweek but isn't here for the second Saturday in a row. 

Number 18 is the same winger who came on against Stranraer and Clyde and didn't have much of an impact. 

Number 16 isn't Leo Donnellan who played the last two friendlies. No idea who this new guy is, don't recognise him.