The New Raith Rovers Thread

I was going to say that he looks like someone we've picked up from FEFA for the day. Not that he's done anything wrong, at all, he's just clearly fairly young and a little green. 
16 looks a wee bit more composed, although other than one lovely ball into the channel he hasn't been too involved. 

That’s correct the boy is at fife elite academy just saw his dad post about him playing beside Berra at the back. Sure he’s only 17.

3 minutes ago, Raith_Rasta said:

16 Coming a lot more into the game. Looks a big dude too.  Comes across like a player like Wilson at the pars

16 was well composed, if not heavily involved. Looks useful in a general sense, takes care of the ball and moves it precisely.

Bene and Berra look quite the old, married couple at back. Bene looks surprisingly comfortable at RCB after all the time he spent at LCB, and Berra has slid in at LCB with no problem at all. Connolly looks very good.

RaithTV doesn’t recognize the LB Trialist as a Fife Elite player, and say he looks quite young.

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Some pass from Coulson to send Mitchell through there. Perfectly weighted. 

It hadn't clicked with me that Mitchell was a striker. I like having youth strikers around the place. They never turn out to be any good, but there's a whole load of hope bundled up in "get Bryce on!". 

Coulson is a very aggressive passer going forward. It results in a number of failed attempts, but every now and then it hits perfectly. He’s going to break into the lineup soon.

Coulson and Mahady might well be the height that JMcG desires, and the comment by RaithTV commentary about not being sure any more strikers will be sought is interesting.

Edit: And there’s Mitchell with a lovely score too.

Edited by TxRover

It was good to get back inside the San Starko.

Lewis Vaughan looked good as usual and so did Keatings. Berra and Bene were involved a lot and MacDonald had some great saves. Big season for Tait coming up. No idea who the triallists were. There’s my lacklustre match report. 

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Good (not really) to see the moaners are back in their pre season training. Boy behind me is "seek fed up" of Connolly "hiding" and cutting in. Boy in front just shakes his heid and does his crossword.1624715980166~2.jpeg

The colour of those seats is the real crime here. 

Have to say, despite the good work being done in the ground on lights, wifi etc, someone needs to get along the seats with a pressure washer. Maybe it's in hand, and I know it's way down the list of things to do, but the place was pretty grimy. All those away team minks last season. Oh, hang on.....

3 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
18 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Have to say, despite the good work being done in the ground on lights, wifi etc, someone needs to get along the seats with a pressure washer. Maybe it's in hand, and I know it's way down the list of things to do, but the place was pretty grimy. All those away team minks last season. Oh, hang on.....

The south stand seats are getting done tomorrow so you'd hope the north stand will be coming up soon as well.

https://www.raithrovers.net/48546/stadium-tidy-up-sunday-27621.htm

2 hours ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Good (not really) to see the moaners are back in their pre season training. Boy behind me is "seek fed up" of Connolly "hiding" and cutting in. Boy in front just shakes his heid and does his crossword.1624715980166~2.jpeg

Just your luck really. I thought the fans did quite well with the enthusiastic clapping. Hard to get too excited about a friendly with Stranraer but we were good enough and I didn’t notice any moaning near me.