The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, P.C said:

21 looks like Henry Nash who was with Stoke. Hes only 17 tho

I was going to say that he looks like someone we've picked up from FEFA for the day. Not that he's done anything wrong, at all, he's just clearly fairly young and a little green. 

16 looks a wee bit more composed, although other than one lovely ball into the channel he hasn't been too involved. 

Yeah just needing a body until we get one of them defenders back from injury. Be curious to see who the midfielder is and hoping the other trialist is a striker.

Midfielder Trialist C looks tidy enough with the ball to be useful as a squad player at least, but do we need that with Arnott and Coulson? The Trialist 21 at LB is very interesting, but will probably be taken somewhere else (lower?) as a starter if this is an example of his play. Berra’s a big laddie.

Well yeah we haven't replaced Hendry so we need another experienced body. I want to see more of Coulson especially but need the depth.

Great to be back.  As for the game, typical pre season but it's clear the trialists are jersey fillers and little else.

I'd like to see how things look with Spencer in there, but yeah we need something else in there.

1 hour ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

Trialist A, B and C.

And D.

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Trialists presumably a left back and some fashion of holding midfielder? 

The five attacking players there could really be put out in just about any permutation you can think of. Maybe a 4-2-3-1 with Tait in the 2, and Keatings ahead of Vaughan as the striker and the number 10 respectively? 

Looking like a 4-2-4 with the wingers and wingbacks freely sweeping back and forth.

(First half was)

Mac

Tumilty, Bene, Berra, Trialist A

Trialist C, Tait

Connolly, Keatings, Vaughan, Zanatta

Must say, the kit isn’t half bad on viewing now.

Looking like a 4-2-4 with the wingers and wingbacks freely sweeping back and forth.
(First half was)
Mac
Tumilty, Bene, Berra, Trialist A
Trialist C, Tait
Connolly, Keatings, Vaughan, Zanatta

Must say, the kit isn’t half bad on viewing now.
Aye, the kit looks bangin, I have to say.

Nice interplay between Vuaghan and Keatings, that could be a nice partnership.

Trialist 21 looks like he is just in helping out - way out his depth. 

Trialist 16 looked OK on the ball, but not getting near the opposition when defending. 

442 shape looks awful though that is with Tait and trialist as the two. I don't think Connolly or Zanatta have done anything to confound their critics.

Edited by renton

He must be foaming at the mouth now

Good (not really) to see the moaners are back in their pre season training. Boy behind me is "seek fed up" of Connolly "hiding" and cutting in. Boy in front just shakes his heid and does his crossword.29172813_16247159801662.thumb.jpeg.619a845fa91fa8d6cfc946271cb503fa.jpeg

3 minutes ago, grumswall said:
6 minutes ago, TxRover said:
Confirmed one of the “Trialists” is actually Mitchell.

He's listed as a trialist on the match day app, he's not listed on the team sheet as one. So we do still have 3 trialists involved today.

That makes more sense…but we have 4 trialists, A, B, C, and D.