The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:
1 hour ago, RR #1 said:
Don't mind either these strips and they are both away kits so you don't mind something a bit different with them but I would much prefer the home kit was only ever  navy with white trim and white shorts.
That today is honestly the worst kit I've seen the Rovers come out with though. Looks Sunday league quality. 

The worst you've seen? Really? What age are you?

38. I remember all the kits since the late 80s mercat sponsored kit. This is definitely my least favourite home kit unless there is one I'm forgetting.

Just my opinion of course and I wouldn't buy one even if I did like it so its pleasing to see its been well received by most on here. Hopefully it sells well as that's all that really matters I suppose. 

Worst home kits? Well, before today I would have said the 98/99 one was plain, cheap looking with a ridiculously over sized badge. The 99/00 as well with the Tesco two stripes and weird white panelling on the undersides of the arm was pretty naff too.

Special mention for the last Xara effort with the weird stitching pattern and white panelling all over the joint. Awful.

Can't say I was a huge fan of the Franco-Spanish era shirt either, and the Kitty's two stripe job was uninspiring.

The original half and half was nice enough, as was the next year's plainer effort. I really enjoyed the white with blue hoops shirt, and the last Puma one that seemed to be channelling the spirit of the old Kingsway efforts. Really liked last year's as well.

Edited by renton

1 hour ago, renton said:

Worst home kits? Well, before today I would have said the 98/99 one was plain, cheap looking with a ridiculously over sized badge. The 99/00 as well with the Tesco two stripes and weird white panelling on the undersides of the arm was pretty naff too.

Special mention for the last Xara effort with the weird stitching pattern and white panelling all over the joint. Awful.

Can't say I was a huge fan of the Franco-Spanish era shirt either, and the Kitty's two stripe job was uninspiring.

The original half and half was nice enough, as was the next year's plainer effort. I really enjoyed the white with blue hoops shirt, and the last Puma one that seemed to be channelling the spirit of the old Kingsway efforts. Really liked last year's as well.

In hindsight the strip we had when we won the league in 2020 (yes @tazz1903 won 😉) was a thing of beauty.

Are those of us with season tickets looking forward to the Stranraer game tomorrow?

Seen as most of my pals don’t have season tickets I’m hoping that PATG/online tickets are available in August and we’re in Level Zero by then.

If the opacity of the lion had been turned down then it'd look markedly better IMO, as it is, and it's hard to place why, it does look a bit cheap. 

The original half and half was a better, maybe the gold was the difference? 

Just now, Grant228 said:

If the opacity of the lion had been turned down then it'd look markedly better IMO, as it is, and it's hard to place why, it does look a bit cheap. 

The original half and half was a better, maybe the gold was the difference? 

That's my thinking. The gold Puma logo and the gold "125 years" lettering made it stand out.  It felt like a special occasion shirt.

I quite like it, but understand the reasoning of those who don't. Like a couple of recent efforts, it will probably look better in the flesh, as it were.
That's what I thought as well but after seing it in the flesh I'm not a fan of it anymore.

Jury out for me not sure if I like or not, I do like the oversize badge, not as good as the last half/half kit but an improvemant on last season (really didn't like the v shaped shite) , that said the league 1 title winning (yes @tazz1903 title winning) was one of my favorites in recent years, still can't beat the 3rd Barcelona / Crystal Palace top from 95 (ish) with the Jackie 'O' sponser, really wish I could still fit into that one, the last 25 years have been an absolute bugger on my belly lol

Kit would have been a certified banger if the giant lion badge was debossed instead, this looks a tad tacky and Spanish tat shop as someone else already mentioned.

Example

Edited by Martin

5 hours ago, pub car king said:

I'm not a fan of the half and half never have been. That said even if i was Wtf is that massive red lion about? 

It looks like ine of those poorly made fake kits you get in a Spanish tat shop. 

Also looking at other teams it's potentially going to clash with killie, Ayr, Dunfermline, Hamilton and Morton home kits due to the white. In both teams home kits. Most of these sides have opted for a dark away kit as well so I can see our away kit getting a fair few outings.

The away kit might be the reverse of the home kit.... 

Dunno, kinda seems a wee bit “look at me” with that red badge plastered on it…and not in a good way.

Kinda reminds me of this…

https://www.lochnessfc.co.uk

Edit: After mulling it over a bit, I think if the huge badge was in embossed style (the red replaced with a slightly lighter navyish blue and the sponsor and J were in gold, with a gold trim around the badge, it might look better.

Edited by TxRover

Well I think that new home kit is minted, so much so, that I’ve bought it. And got it for delivery. Didn’t realise you could have went and collected it though, Stark’s only 10mins from the house!

Well it’s some pre match beers and off to Stark’s tomorrow - this is genuinely a xmas eve scenario - buzzing!!