The New Raith Rovers Thread

On a lighter note, the messaging the club is putting out is getting me buzzing for the season. In the last couple days we've been told we're competing with Premiership teams budgets and going for the title*. In contrast to where we were a few years ago, that's some turnaround so massive props to John McGlynn. He's not the best manager in the world but I'm genuinely not sure of anyone else who would have turned the club around like this and brought such positivity in a short space of time. His love and passion for the club shines through and I absolutely love the baldy messiah.

John McGlynn On Managing Raith Rovers And Facing Liverpool With Hearts

*this definitely wont come back to bite us as we limp to 7th place

1 minute ago, ListerRRFC said:

On a lighter note, the messaging the club is putting out is getting me buzzing for the season. In the last couple days we've been told we're competing with Premiership teams budgets and going for the title*. In contrast to where we were a few years ago, that's some turnaround so massive props to John McGlynn. He's not the best manager in the world but I'm genuinely not sure of anyone else who would have turned the club around like this and brought such positivity in a short space of time. His love and passion for the club shines through and I absolutely love the baldy messiah.

John McGlynn On Managing Raith Rovers And Facing Liverpool With Hearts

*this definitely wont come back to bite us as we limp to 7th place

Where was that said? In all honesty, we have nowhere near the squad for a title push.

6 minutes ago, renton said:

Where was that said? In all honesty, we have nowhere near the squad for a title push.

https://www.raithrovers.net/48489/rrfc-update-and-thank-you.htm

Football
John and Paul would like to re-enforce their thanks to our supporters, as they have been assembling the new squad, and pre-season training has begun. The management team have been able to strengthen the squad with quality players, both re-signings and new signings. This would not have been possible without your support, as we are competing with a number of clubs with premiership budgets.

https://www.raithrovers.net/48411/starks-park-improvements.htm

Whilst the management and staff prepare for a tilt at the SPFL Championship title this season, with the aim of going one step further than last season, work on the stadium itself is also being stepped up.

By no means do I actually think we're going for the title, it's just refreshing to see the club be ambitious and positive.

3 hours ago, spot on said:

Why the need for a staggered entry?  I’m sure there won’t be a staggered exit and folk sitting here for hours after the game but will all exit at the same time at the end of the game🤷🏻‍♂️

Perhaps because people exiting can self-select when to exit and how to space, where arrivals cannot easily do that because of restricted waiting space and delays reading/valudating ticket data?

8 minutes ago, JaketheSnake said:

Gonna ask the most important question of the season. Anybody know if the pie stalls will be open on Saturday? 

Sadly not, apparently the virus likes to linger about pie stalls so Govt won't want folk queuing. You'll need to queue for a pish though but the good news is covid doesn't go near the bogs. 

1 hour ago, renton said:

Starting to suspect McGlynn will be back scanning the English pub leagues at this point.

I suspect that JMcG is thinking Coulson might be ready to sign a full time contract, pending how he shows in the pre-season. He’s spent a year plus learning, he looked like an interesting player in his limited appearances, and that path is set forth by Bowie and Tait. The Gaffer name checked Quinn explicitly in his interview, before tossing in Aaron and Luke as somewhat of an afterthought, so I’m wondering if that’s part of the midfield/winger plan.

You never seem to get anything from the gaffer and I like it that way. Take this week's FFP:

"If you add in the young guys we've got a reasonable number in the squad.

"Before we kick off for our first league game I would think we will have another two players in."

1 hour ago, Raithie said:

Sadly not, apparently the virus likes to linger about pie stalls so Govt won't want folk queuing. You'll need to queue for a pish though but the good news is covid doesn't go near the bogs. 

Damn! Suppose I'll just have to queue up for a chippy afterwards then... 

Your allocated seating time slot also equates to a later given allocated piss time slot. [emoji12]