The New Raith Rovers Thread

Not the worst move for him.  He'll get game time at an ambitious club if he does well he'll be snapped up by a League 1/Championship team next season.
Can only imagine that's the thinking behind this move. It isn't a terrible move with that in mind but I did expect him to end up at an already established league 1 team at least.

10 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Top end of League Two, with a club that's upwardly mobile and seem to be doing a lot of things right? I think that's a decent move. 

Will also provide a good gauge for comparing Fitba and the English Leagues. With a general view that at least the top of the Scottish Championship is near par with English League 2, it would be a lateral move and interesting to watch. League 1 would probably be the lower half of the Scottish Premiership, with the upper half starting into the English Championahip levels (and the OF fan bois dreaming they can compete in the top level).

I expected Regan to move to a larger club that would loan him out down a level or two, but signing with a rising club that he’ll start for is a smart but if business, if true.

53 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Will also provide a good gauge for comparing Fitba and the English Leagues. With a general view that at least the top of the Scottish Championship is near par with English League 2, it would be a lateral move and interesting to watch. League 1 would probably be the lower half of the Scottish Premiership, with the upper half starting into the English Championahip levels (and the OF fan bois dreaming they can compete in the top level).

I expected Regan to move to a larger club that would loan him out down a level or two, but signing with a rising club that he’ll start for is a smart but if business, if true.

Is it though, even Tidser got a gig at Rotherham in league 1. How do you go from being linked with Aberdeen and Hearts to signing with Forest Green, even if they are a club on the up surely he can do better than them. 

Must be a vegan.

21 hours ago, WSDR 88 said:

With the friendlies starting on Saturday, I’d expect there to be a striker signing this week.
Although, I do expect come next Saturday, the team sheet will be littered with Trialist’s.

With games starting also, possibly the new strip release this week?

I had a meeting at the Starks Park this morning and both subjects came up in conversation.

As usual there Rovers board members were tightlipped so there are no distinct details but:

The CEO said there's a new signing coming quite soon that they are extremely excited about, I asked the usual questions but she wouldn't even tell me what position he plays.

I'm sure she also said the all the new strips had been delivered to the ground and the launch would be soon. Although I didn't ask but I think maybe in light of Covid issues maybe Raith Tv are working on it as we speak.

I asked if the new signing was connected to the strip launch like a Marquee signing but they said no not really,  either way I think we will be enlightened on both  counts before the weekend.

5 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

I had a meeting at the Starks Park this morning and both subjects came up in conversation.

As usual there Rovers board members were tightlipped so there are no distinct details but:

The CEO said there's a new signing coming quite soon that they are extremely excited about, I asked the usual questions but she wouldn't even tell me what position he plays.

I'm sure she also said the all the new strips had been delivered to the ground and the launch would be soon. Although I didn't ask but I think maybe in light of Covid issues maybe Raith Tv are working on it as we speak.

I asked if the new signing was connected to the strip launch like a Marquee signing but they said no not really,  either way I think we will be enlightened on both  counts before the weekend.

Any talk about fans getting in for friendlies?

15 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

Any talk about fans getting in for friendlies?

To be honest that wasn't on todays agenda but I'd be quite surprised if they were.  Volunteers were washing down seats in the North stand yesterday in readiness for fans getting in but I'd doubt it'll be for the friendlies.

I tried to book either the Raith suite or the 200 club for a whisky tasting but was told "no" as neither stands were planned to be ready until the weekend of the Cowden game at the earliest. The South stand was being isolated electrically for a whole heap of internal and external electrical upgrades and the main stand has asbestos being removed so unless they let the season ticket holders who've signed up so far in the North stand then I'd doubt it. Then again keep in mind the latter is just my view not anything official that I've heard.

9 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

To be honest that wasn't on todays agenda but I'd be quite surprised if they were.  Volunteers were washing down seats in the North stand yesterday in readiness for fans getting in but I'd doubt it'll be for the friendlies.

I tried to book either the Raith suite or the 200 club for a whisky tasting but was told "no" as neither stands were planned to be ready until the weekend of the Cowden game at the earliest. The South stand was being isolated electrically for a whole heap of internal and external electrical upgrades and the main stand has asbestos being removed so unless they let the season ticket holders who've signed up so far in the North stand then I'd doubt it. Then again keep in mind the latter is just my view not anything official that I've heard.

Interesting.  Only wondered,as the website article regarding friendlies said "spectator arrangements will be announced shortly"

10 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

If the intention was to make it all closed doors you'd think they could have said when they announced them.

Like I say I don't actually know for sure and as I'm missing all of them I was a bit less interested than I might have been (soz) but nobody mentioned fan getting in (then again nobody mentioned them not getting in either!). 

I'll say again my impression only is the games will be on Raith Tv but I might well be wrong, after all I have previous!!