The New Raith Rovers Thread

50 minutes ago, grumswall said:
58 minutes ago, TxRover said:
Nah, it riles the hockey haters up something fierce.

I like hockey, it's the Americanisms while talking about soccer football that riles people up.

FIFY. I know, but sometimes it’s just easier than getting into rants about “s” versus “c”, so you toss out some raw meat.

52 minutes ago, renton said:

No, it's just inaccurate.

Really…our defenders (happy now?) are all 23 or older, and male, plus they play defensive positions…

Anyway, let’s get back to laughing or crying about ICT taking Duku and Ayr maybe ending up with Ugwu (no info, but they do need a forward after Todorov apparently agreed to sign with them and then took their offer to the Pars to beat)…plus winding up the Pars.

7 hours ago, TxRover said:

Really…our defenders (happy now?) are all 23 or older, and male, plus they play defensive positions…

Anyway, let’s get back to laughing or crying about ICT taking Duku and Ayr maybe ending up with Ugwu (no info, but they do need a forward after Todorov apparently agreed to sign with them and then took their offer to the Pars to beat)…plus winding up the Pars.

I know you disagree,  but we also need a couple of centre forwards so I'll hold off laughing until I see what we end up with.

So, looking at the training pictures in the FFP, looks like Dick is unsurprisingly taking No 3, Berra is 5, Keatings is 9... Matthews looks to have moved to 8, Connolly is 7, Zanatta is 11... Vaughan, Spencer, Tumilty and Benedictus all look to have kept their numbers as is.

28 minutes ago, renton said:

So, looking at the training pictures in the FFP, looks like Dick is unsurprisingly taking No 3, Berra is 5, Keatings is 9... Matthews looks to have moved to 8, Connolly is 7, Zanatta is 11... Vaughan, Spencer, Tumilty and Benedictus all look to have kept their numbers as is.

I'm not saying its his doing, but John Mcglynn fucking loves a 1-11 squad number.

Just now, CALDERON said:

I'm not saying its his doing, but John Mcglynn fucking loves a 1-11 squad number.

Yeah, I think Matthews took 12 because he'd always been 12 on the subs bench. I like to think he's making the step up in his head to being more integral to the side and taking the 8 Jersey.

Load of pish probably.

33 minutes ago, renton said:

I'm having a mind blank here. Who was no 5 last season?

I'm glad that the three games are at home, it gives the club a chance to implement social distancing, stewarding and the flow of bodies in and out of the ground.
By the time the cup and league games start people will be less stressed.

This was my thinking that, for the Stranraer game - it’ll be a good learning curve for handling an ok sized crowd.
I will be hoping to be there all the same, friendly or not - buzzing!

After Scotland losing on Monday, Rovers now have my full attention again.

1 hour ago, renton said:

Matthews in Hendry's role? Unlikely; if the numbers are like for like from last season it would seem McGlynn is changing the shape and style.

Matthews in Hendry's role? Unlikely; if the numbers are like for like from last season it would seem McGlynn is changing the shape and style.
The number doesn't denote the role. Sometimes, the position,but the role is up to the manager and can change within a game, never mind from one game to the next.