The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

If Shane Sutherland had been the one that got Davo sent off we wouldn’t be having this conversation which is a really sad state of affairs.

Maybe I’m just naive and think we should be able to live in a world where there is no discrimination at all and you should be able to call a c*nt a c*nt without giving thought to what variety of c*nt he is and whether that has an influence on whether it’s ok to call him a c*nt or not.

The problem is that our player called him a specific variety of c*nt, on grounds that aren't fair game and frankly could have brought a lot of shame (and a range of costs) on the club.  The fans have now to live with the way behaviour towards him is understood in that context.  What kind of folk are we?

55 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

If Shane Sutherland had been the one that got Davo sent off we wouldn’t be having this conversation which is a really sad state of affairs.

Maybe I’m just naive and think we should be able to live in a world where there is no discrimination at all and you should be able to call a c*nt a c*nt without giving thought to what variety of c*nt he is and whether that has an influence on whether it’s ok to call him a c*nt or not.

I'm with you Stevo, but I wouldn't be upset if evrerytime Toderov gets on the ball for the whole south stand to chant "Cheating Pars b*****d" or just "Cheat! Cheat! Cheat!".  As has been cited elsewhere (and he has previous and has done it in places elsewhere) he hit's the deck with a scream purely to con the officials and win some advantage. Against Davidson he hit the jackpot but the way the ICT players reacted and piled in I wouldn't be shocked if they had been primed to do so by the manager (Davo's former team-mate) McCann (know's what Davo is like). That doesn't in any way excuse Davo who was beyond stupid to say anything and deserved to receive all the grief directed at him and quite possibly even more besides.

Don't boo players indiscriminately, in Toderovs case just label him the cheat that he is and give him the same treatment most of us gave Jamie Hammil every time he's faced us since August 2013.

Why give him any attention at all? Ignore him completely don’t give  him a reason to try harder. Give him the attention he deserves - none, he’s insignificant!

Edited by spot on

1 hour ago, CALDERON said:

The SFA made their decision, and Davidson has left the club.  Let's move on from it now.

Totally agree we are building this into something much bigger than it is, the only reason it might happen now is because it’s been discussed at great length on this forum, I don’t give a toss about him or booing him I just hope he doesn’t score against us. Most of the chants we used years ago don’t get sung anymore as society has moved on. Let’s focus on the positives not the negatives 👍🏻 COYR 🔵⚪

I don’t feel the “monkey in the gloves” chants or similar are particularly relevant- that’s banter which is obviously open to the wrong interpretation when sung to particular groups of players so best avoided altogether.

The Jamie Hamill situation was what was on my mind- he gets abuse from us so why is it not ok to abuse Todorov for behaving in a similar fashion?
And just to be clear, I’m talking about the odd boo or “fucking cheat” shout here, not painting bedsheets with obscenities or burning effigies of the man.

Point taken though gents, maybe our former player has made that option more open to the wrong interpretation.

I’d still rather live in my naive world where you can call a spade a spade than in the very cynical world you guys live in where you can’t dish out deserved criticism to someone who doesn’t look like you for fear of being labelled a racist.

Can't believe some of the shit written here regarding Todorov. 

So we are going to chant cheat cheat or boo him everytime because he made a meal out of a challenge to try and gain an advantage for his team? 

Utter bs.  We just signed Dario Zanatta ffs. People in glass houses etc. 

IMO people who boo him or chant at him and drag this on will just be bringing the club into further disrepute.

Get a fucking grip. Morons. 

So we are going to chant cheat cheat or boo him everytime because he made a meal out of a challenge to try and gain an advantage for his team? 

It’s certainly been blown out of proportion that’s for sure.

I was hoping we could treat him the way we treat every other player who does something similar, and the way our players are treated by other fans in similar situations.

So we can’t boo opposition players at a football game now?
It shouldn’t be a big deal but it’s been turned into one.

Why give him any attention at all? Ignore him completely don’t give  him a reason to try harder. Give him the attention he deserves - none, he’s insignificant!

You can’t ignore the pars centre forward…..he’s playing for them…so abuse has to be given only not of the racial variety…it’s how things are done in this county old chap.

4 hours ago, McGuigan1978 said:

Celtic fans started booing Shea Logan right after Aleksander Tonev was found guilty of racially abusing him, and it was a f***ing terrible look. 

They also came out with the same limes being trotted out here, “No no, it’s because he’s a bad egg rather than us being tribal around an issue there shouldn’t be any tribalism about” 

It would be absolutely mortifying if we booed Todorov after this. 

This. 

Do not be like Celtic fans. Always a good rule to live by. 

1 hour ago, stevoraith said:

call a spade a spade…

Reported for racism….

Actually not sure if the UK context has the racist overtones the US version has, but we had to quit using that by the late 80’s. Does quite well make your point, thou, stevo, nicely played.

Can't believe some of the shit written here regarding Todorov. 
Utter bs.  We just signed Dario Zanatta ffs. People in glass houses etc. 
IMO people who boo him or chant at him and drag this on will just be bringing the club into further disrepute.
Get a fucking grip. Morons. 

this.

2 hours ago, stevoraith said:

It’s certainly been blown out of proportion that’s for sure.

I was hoping we could treat him the way we treat every other player who does something similar, and the way our players are treated by other fans in similar situations.

This is exactly it though, if you boo Todorov straight off the bat then you're not treating him like you treat every player. 

If Raith fans were to boo every single player who had ever dived against them, or conned the referee then they'd never stop, never. As it is most fans who aren't morons just accept it for what it is and go onto the next game, holding a grudge onto the next season, when the player has moved team and you're going to boo him over that incident? Aye, sure.