The New Raith Rovers Thread

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

Something you have experience with, no doubt? Anything interesting in Methil these days, or is Falkirk still saying they’ll skelp the league?

Or that utter fud still thinks we cheated Failkirk out of the title. 

If he's been racially abused (and the SFA are satisfied that he was) then he's every right to still be bitter about it. 

As I said at the time, it is intriguing given the relatively lenient nature of the punishment, and the subsequent lack of outcry from Todorov et al that you might've expected. 

Nothing to be gained from dwelling on it though. It was an ugly chapter, and one best moved on from. I sincerely hope it's the last time we see a Rovers player up on a charge of that nature. 

57 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/sport/football/scottish-championship/2310787/dunfermline-nikolay-todorov-iain-davidson-abuse-guilty-verdict/

Todorov spilling his guts. Be interesting to find out what the racist abuse was, considering both are caucasian.

Todorov is Bulgarian though, there was an incident at EEP where a fan was done for racist abuse for singing about Rudi Skacel selling watches... 

1 hour ago, Double Jack D said:

Agreed, Davo has clearly said something wrong here but it's hard to imagine exactly what the term used was. 

Todorov still appears to be very bitter about it.

Not sure he’s fully “bitter”, would say more disappointed. Todorov’s statement is actually pretty balanced, complementing the England response to racist abuse in Bulgaria during the Euros and stating he modeled his response on that. Toss in the “not proven” decision on his reported response to Iain’s comments, and I don’t really think that Todorov is anything but a diving b*****d (quick check to see if that could be considered abuse…perhaps since we call most football players divers, it might be…damn) that riled up Iain who said something stupid.

46 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Todorov is Bulgarian though, there was an incident at EEP where a fan was done for racist abuse for singing about Rudi Skacel selling watches... 

The SFA using the term discriminatory language, assigning an e-learning course and suspending two of the four games pending further offense, seems to pretty clearly indicate it was, in their opinion, a throwaway abuse term or phrase that was specifically directed at Todorov being a foreign player and/or stereotypical. Let’s face it, those of us growing up even as little as 10-15 years ago clearly remember tossing out plenty of phrases that we would never say today let alone some of the anti-foreigner stuff some people still spout, so I suspect that’s all that happened here.

If he's been racially abused (and the SFA are satisfied that he was) then he's every right to still be bitter about it. 
As I said at the time, it is intriguing given the relatively lenient nature of the punishment, and the subsequent lack of outcry from Todorov et al that you might've expected. 
Nothing to be gained from dwelling on it though. It was an ugly chapter, and one best moved on from. I sincerely hope it's the last time we see a Rovers player up on a charge of that nature. 
Problem is, I can't see it being moved on from that easily. There will be a section of the crowd who will likely decide the right response to him being back at Stark's is to boo him.

Problem is, I can't see it being moved on from that easily. There will be a section of the crowd who will likely decide the right response to him being back at Stark's is to boo him.
He'll be booed for being a diver, not because of what happened to Davo. And he IS a diver. Makes Jacques Cousteau look like a Kdy leisure centre pool attendant.

5 minutes ago, Brashy's Boots said:
21 minutes ago, true_rover said:

He'll be booed for being a diver, not because of what happened to Davo. And he IS a diver. Makes Jacques Cousteau look like a Kdy leisure centre pool attendant.

He is a diving clown and should have been suspended for fooling the refs into sending our player off 

43 minutes ago, true_rover said:
2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Yeah, I fear you're right. As you can already see there'll be people who are booing him "because he's a diver" but the optics (acoustics?) of that really aren't great. Best thing to do is absolutely to just ignore him entirely and hope he has a quiet game! 

Yeah, I fear you're right. As you can already see there'll be people who are booing him "because he's a diver" but the optics (acoustics?) of that really aren't great. Best thing to do is absolutely to just ignore him entirely and hope he has a quiet game! 
Who's booing him? Not I. But he is a diver.

2 hours ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

I agree, just ignore him.

Imagine being away from Starks Park for 18 months and the only thing on your mind is to make a rip roaring c**t of yourself by booing?

Be grateful that you're back supporting the team that you love and leave it at that.