The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

Maybe you should've used your massive pull to attract a Premiership quality manager, instead of one who's just been relegated to League One? 

Maybe we have. Grant achieved as much as Jack Ross and Jim Goodwin did in his first season. Jack Ross got relegated with Alloa. Grant was up against it with the smallest budget, losing O'Hara, Graham, Flannigan etc

Edited by Chubbychops

59 minutes ago, Chubbychops said:

In what way is that heads gone? 

Because your hilarious attempts to wind up Rovers fans about the hugeness🤣🤣 of your club really is irrelevant, just like your club in a Raith Rovers Thread

Hendry  will be a loss no doubt to an extent but for some to be gutted by him moving on is a bit OTT.

For as good a player as he was in the system,formation we played pretty sure there is equally as good out there that McGlynn may capture or they may well be already in the squad in the likes of Tait.With Hendry leaving we may well have to tweak our system/ way we play but lets not see Hendry leaving as disastrous

Paquito for me was the man

Think Chubbychops has been on the magic mushrooms

Edited by Rovers_Lad

Paquito for me...just.  Had that class and swagger of someone who had been there and done it at the top level.  

Maybe Mcglynn can revisit the "jackpot" signing he just missed out on a couple of years back.

Paquito for me...just.  Had that class and swagger of someone who had been there and done it at the top level.  
Maybe Mcglynn can revisit the "jackpot" signing he just missed out on a couple of years back.

Can’t see Kariko Dembele coming unfortunately…

9 hours ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

It's already looking as though only 2 of our 5 centre backs will be fit for the start of the season. 

So Frankie is out for the preseason, and McKay tweaked a hammie, nothing more, Lang seems the only one who is a real threat to miss the season opener…and I had him as our number five CB. I’ll feel fine with any combo of two or all three of McKay/Berra/Bene to start with in the preseason. Still awaiting the move(s) at CM.

9 hours ago, ListerRRFC said:

Davo training with Kelty. No idea if he's signing for them but probably the best move available to him if they offer a contract. Good pay day to see out his career.

received_414208116233782.jpeg

I’d be quite surprised if some League One squad doesn’t see some value in adding Davo to their mix. He’s no longer an every game starter, but he’s a known quantity and a useful coach/mentor for younger CB’s. Surely a team like Alloa or Cove could use a bit of stiffening and experience at the back. Probably got offered an opportunity to train with Kelty to keep fitness while exploring options…that would be a win/win for Kelty, as he might just end up with them.