The New Raith Rovers Thread

On the plus side, I'd like to think the way we play will encourage some decent loan options. Kennedy spoke highly of his time here, and the clubs stock is as gold as its been in some time.
I think you've said a couple of times about Kennedy speaking highly of his time with us. I haven't seen it, any chance you could link etc?

6 hours ago, stevoraith said:

Tx, you are aware that we can sign players that haven’t previously played for us?

I have enough faith in JMcG that he won’t replace our best player with one that was only good enough to play 10 games for us last season.

Yep, I had simply observed a few months ago that Adam King might be a passable DM (and touted Liam Dick, for what that’s worth), even if not the ideal choice. I was continuing that line of thought, as we need some midfield support, and I haven’t seen anyone else mentioned or available in what would appear to be our budget.

And, with regard to King only playing in 10 games, that was out of 16 possible, so not the indictment you suggest. Again, I don’t love the bloke, but I see a weak spot he might address, and would be just as happy with another player filling the role as well or better.

Edited by TxRover

8 hours ago, grumswall said:
8 hours ago, CALDERON said:
On the plus side, I'd like to think the way we play will encourage some decent loan options. Kennedy spoke highly of his time here, and the clubs stock is as gold as its been in some time.

I think you've said a couple of times about Kennedy speaking highly of his time with us. I haven't seen it, any chance you could link etc?

https://www.rangers.co.uk/article/rydc-kais-thrilled-with-nathans-progress/4aChMY3Iy4obw0VPM3thko

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

And, with regard to King only playing in 10 games, that was out of 16 possible, so not the indictment you suggest. Again, I don’t love the bloke, but I see a weak spot he might address, and would be just as happy with another player filling the role as well or better.

Those figures are rather misleading. King was available for 22 games, started in 6 of them and finished only 3. 

He's a second-stringer.

Theres a massive pool of available players out there. Agents will be offering players to several clubs. Although Hendry will be difficult to replace if we get the right body in then we should be okay. Matthew's improved last season, Tait still developing but had massive potential and Spencer is a good fit. Two players that could be tempted one at the end of his career is Michael Gardyne old experienced head, something we have lacked, the other is Liam Polworth released by Motherwell. Adam King struggled in a league below us and did not stand out in any games for us. Not good enough if we are looking to finish top 4.

Well it’s a shame to see Hendry go but I think we all knew it was inevitable after the season he had. Shame we as fans never got to see it in person but what a player he was for us, one of the best I’ve seen since the 90s. I wish the lad every success wherever he ends up as there’s talent there. He’ll be very hard to replace and I’m certain we’ll need to adapt our style a bit but as mentioned above presumably our contract offer was pushing the boat out so it should free up a decent wage to try and bring in a good player. Kai Kennedy’s comments are great to see, I’ve always said we must be doing something right off the pitch as players seem to enjoy being at the club.   If guys like him and Gullan return to their clubs with positive opinions of our setup it can only help to encourage future loans from these teams that benefit both parties. Interested to see who we get in now as preseason nears. Can’t see King unless it’s a squad roll McGlynn watched the same games we did and he wasn’t anything more than a squad player for us.  

I think King would be a valuable addition to the squad and would fit into John’s way, if McGlynn goes for him he will have a very considered opinion of how he wants to play him,I trust the manager completely.

Would it be fair to say Hendry was our best midfielder since Colin Cameron? Seems quite a statement when you think that’s 25 years or whatever, but I’m struggling to think of anyone else. 

Admittedly we’ve not exactly had an abundance of talented players in that position over the last couple of decades, but I always had Paquito as the best since Mickey, but would rate Hendry higher.  

Would it be fair to say Hendry was our best midfielder since Colin Cameron? Seems quite a statement when you think that’s 25 years or whatever, but I’m struggling to think of anyone else. 

Admittedly we’ve not exactly had an abundance of talented players in that position over the last couple of decades, but I always had Paquito as the best since Mickey, but would rate Hendry higher.  
Agreed.

Where has this suggestion come from that we’ll sign King? I’ve seen nothing other than a few questionable characters on here thinking we will. I think the fact he struggled to get into our team last season even with McGlynn seeing regularly in training suggests he just isn’t good enough. Whilst we’re just chucking names out there, i’ll through Michael Gardyne’s name in the mix.