The New Raith Rovers Thread

Probably the least surprising news of all time. Any idea where yet? 

There was some chat with Hendry that he was favouring a move down south, but I don’t know how much truth there is in that. Deserves success wherever he goes, one of the best players I’ve seen in my time following the club.

22 minutes ago, Lockstock said:

Don’t quote me exactly but it was around 3k Airdrie asked for 6. There’s a few loan signings lined up Raith I think that should be interesting, heard hendry’s most likely to go to Motherwell but nothing concrete 

Good to hear. We're at the tipping point where 3 or 4 quality additions to the current squad could see us at the top end of the table. 

Even though I’ve known there was pretty much no chance of him staying, I’ve still been checking the Rovers Twitter account every couple of hours each day in the vague hope that he might have signed on for another year.

Absolutely gutting for it to finally be official that he’s away.   Hopefully circumstances allow him to show up as the half time guest at some point this season so he can get the send off he deserves.

MacDonald

Thomson

Berra

Benedictus

Tumilty

Musonda

Dick

Lang

McKay

Matthews

Tait

Spencer

Vaughan

Keatings

Zannatta

Connolly

Coulson 

Mahady

Still a decent enough squad there when you look at some of the other teams in the division.

So a replacement for Hendry and a couple of strikers and that should be it from us to be honest. 

Edited by Wardy

57 minutes ago, RR #1 said:

Honestly can't think of any of these worse candidates to replace Hendry than Adam fucking King?

I believe Hendry will be off but what the f**k does us having 5 centre backs signed have to do with Regan staying or not? 

Also the signing of two out and out wingers tells us 3 at the back is definitely not the formation SJM has in mind for next season. 

Hendry’s replacement versus replacing Hendry. I don’t know of a player we could hope to sign who would slot in directly as an equivalent to Hendry. Thus, we need another CM who will fit with our scheme…whichever scheme we chose to play. While I don’t particularly like Adam King, he would fit as a DM in a diamond.

As for signing wingers ruling out a back 3, that’s crazy talk. Wingers are naturally flexible creatures, and we’ve seen McG play them as mids or forwards.

Tx, you are aware that we can sign players that haven’t previously played for us?

I have enough faith in JMcG that he won’t replace our best player with one that was only good enough to play 10 games for us last season.

Can we please get the Adam King chat in the bin incase mcglynn sees it?!

The one good thing about knowing hendry is 100% away, is that we will have offered him a good wage to stay, which should now be used on other targets. The way mcglynn works, he will already have 2/3 different options to replace him with. I would be astonished if any one of the 2/3 were Adam King.

Desperately trying to convince myself that if we were going to be signing King, it would have been announced already. 

Gutted to lose Hendry even though it was always going to happen unless we went up. Can't grudge the boy a move, he's far too good for this level and has strolled the last couple seasons. Clearly loves the club and I'd love to see him come back and see out his career at Starks Park. Probably the best CM, and one of the best players I've seen in my time supporting the club.