The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

If we get back more than what we paid Airdrie for him 

But Lockstock is the one thats always in the know about him so maybe he will tell us 😉

Think he said 6.5k. We paid about 7, I think.

Final year of contract and unable to train with the rest of the squad. The people that deal with these things were probably happy to get anything for him on top of free-ing up his wage. He will be missed but hopefully dick can step in and fill his boots effectively. 6.5k for a player that was in the leagues tots does seem like a steal for accies, if that is the case.

19 minutes ago, renton said:

So long as we don't sign Adam King as a "replacement"

Wouldn’t be the worst choice, but not the best either. However, the choice of Hendry’s replacement might well depend upon JMcG’s plan for either 3 CB and two FB’s or 4 back and a diamond in the middle. If it’s a diamond, we need a defensively oriented mid, likely with Tait the attacking mid and Matthews and Spencer wide. If we have 3 CB’s, then we have to decide if Tait, Matthews or Spencer can fill the CM role in a flat midfield.

I honestly think that JMcG’s signing of five quality CB’s shows that Regan is gone, in his opinion.

8 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Wouldn’t be the worst choice, but not the best either. However, the choice of Hendry’s replacement might well depend upon JMcG’s plan for either 3 CB and two FB’s or 4 back and a diamond in the middle. If it’s a diamond, we need a defensively oriented mid, likely with Tait the attacking mid and Matthews and Spencer wide. If we have 3 CB’s, then we have to decide if Tait, Matthews or Spencer can fill the CM role in a flat midfield.

I honestly think that JMcG’s signing of five quality CB’s shows that Regan is gone, in his opinion.

Apart from all of that the bottom line is that Adam King isn't very good. 

38 minutes ago, TxRover said:

Honestly can't think of any of these worse candidates to replace Hendry than Adam fucking King?

I believe Hendry will be off but what the f**k does us having 5 centre backs signed have to do with Regan staying or not? 

Also the signing of two out and out wingers tells us 3 at the back is definitely not the formation SJM has in mind for next season. 

Edited by RR #1

1 hour ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

If we get back more than what we paid Airdrie for him 

But Lockstock is the one thats always in the know about him so maybe he will tell us 😉

6.5k I was told the fee was, he’s not part time either he signed a full time contract. 

2 hours ago, Raith_Rasta said:

Will Macdonald being on a part time contract, affect the value of the fee? 

Full time contract, not sure on the ins and outs but led to believe he’s been granted permission to work on days off from football. Also continue any relevant training courses etc relating to his job 

1 hour ago, renton said:

Think he said 6.5k. We paid about 7, I think.

Don’t quote me exactly but it was around 3k Airdrie asked for 6. There’s a few loan signings lined up Raith I think that should be interesting, heard hendry’s most likely to go to Motherwell but nothing concrete