The New Raith Rovers Thread

3 hours ago, Raith_Raver said:

When he first came we were raving about him, fast and direct, scoring nearly every game. Tranmere fans said that's how he starts every time he signs for a new team, only to flop later.

PS - I should have added, they were spot on.

Tumilty  summed it up on the 80th minute of a game, when he played the ball down the line for Duku 

“you still playing Manny?”

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

With another pre season would be not still be worth a shot in this league?

I quite liked the look of him tbh.

No idea. In fairness it wasn't just that his performances dropped when he played again, it was just that he looked like he hadn't played 11 aside before. 

He was always a bit unorthodox and would do odd things, but he made it work. Ended up like a lost puppy. 

12 hours ago, renton said:

To build from the back using a 3-5-2 requires that one of your centre halves is comfortable stepping out, since they end up being the free man. So we need to have a CB who can step up between the lines, pull an opposition player out of position and move the ball on with a good range of passing.

Think I'd prefer a midfield diamond or a double pivot in midfield to do the same job.

I agree, especially as this was Hendry’s role. With Regan likely gone elsewhere, we don’t have an slot in replacement. Tait is more offensively minded, so the idea of Frankie playing the connector is interesting…

MacDonald signs for Hamilton and looks like he's staying PT from their statement. 

"The club understands the importance of Kieran’s career out with football and we are pleased to reach an agreement that will allow him to continue in this career."

1 minute ago, Rover1990 said:

Still don't know why we couldn't accommodate him.  If we was prepared to train two week days during the day surprised we didn't bite his hand off.

McGlynn's personal preference for a wholly FT squad I guess.

1 hour ago, Wardy said:

No mention of a fee either. Must be a set of bibs and some mitre premier league balls from last season for him. 

Says ‘undisclosed fee’ in the article so we did get something for him, just no idea what 🤷🏻‍♂️