The New Raith Rovers Thread

Pleased with that. Think he’s a bit under-rated by the support and it means we only really need to have the Hendry replacement coming into the team in the middle of the park.

What are we, a CM, winger and striker x 2 away?

I'm not really aware of anyone else that was in for him. Good to see him stay though he's been decent for us. 

I think this is a big season for Tait to cement his place in the middle and push on. 

I still live in deluded hope that Regan will decide hes better off being here with McGlynn for another year,big shoes to fill otherwise, also good of Spencer to re-sign and not keep us all waiting 

As far as other positions to be filled if we cant get Ethan Ross to commit maybe another season long loan of Kennedy  is on the burner, along with The Hammer coming back

I reckon Rangers will want to have a good look at Kennedy, but can certainly see him coming back on loan at some point - he was very complimentary about his time here.

Happy to have Spencer back.  Interesting to see how Mcglynn goes about replacing Hendry now.  It was easier to replace Nisbet, as we were able to have the whole team contribute with goals, but it will be much much harder to replace the player who made the whole thing tick.

Edited by CALDERON

7 hours ago, Been going too long said:

Wish Macca well when he leaves been a great player for us and a shame we couldn’t agree a deal. Killie would be a great move for him good club, great news if spencer does sign so I hope your source is accurate.

😎😎

7 hours ago, Cmac1869 said:

You are defo some family member or that. Joined like a week ago and commenting only on stuff regarding a certain individuals movements. 

So are you coming to Killie or no Kieran?

Been a member for about 3 years mate but lost my account details. Just have a genuine interest in football outside the premiership (mostly junior tbh) and I’m mates with a few agents. 

31 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I reckon Rangers will want to have a good look at Kennedy, but can certainly see him coming back on loan at some point - he was very complimentary about his time here.

Happy to have Spencer back.  Interesting to see how Mcglynn goes about replacing Hendry now.  It was easier to replace Nisbet, as we were able to have the whole team contribute with goals, but it will be much much harder to replace the player who made the whole thing tick.

Wouldn’t surprise me if Kennedy comes back next season, he’s a good player but not likely to get a chance at Rangers yet.  If he and Gerrard were happy with last season a further loan to ourselves or ICT isn’t unlikely. We got Ryan Hardie twice from them and obviously Hibs have sent us Gullan 3 times so we must be doing something these teams like. Any idea if Gullan is staying with Hibs next season, not seen anything if he’s ever released I hope we’re front of the queue with an offer.   

10 hours ago, renton said:

We still need at least 1 other centre forward.

Think about it even just tactically. If you want to play a 4-2-3-1, and imagine our midfield gaps have been filled.

You can do a front 4 based on pushing Keatings up into the 9 position with Connolly, Vaughan and Zannata behind. If we did sign someone like Ross then charitably we could make a sub for either of the wide players or the centre forward.... but not more than one.

In a 4-1-2-1-2 you have more options with only signing one more "forward" as it'd leave you two subs for probably 3 positions, but that leaves you potentially talking about a front two of Zanatta and "Ross" which isn't exactly a recognised pairing.

Then consider injuries. We all know Vaughan's injury record, Keatings season has been stop-start and Connolly managed 217 minutes. So, we need options in case of break down there.

And finally it's not just about bodies. I'd have no issue with signing Ross bit neither him, or anyone else in that squad looks fit to play as a recognised number 9. We've got a couple of guys who are technically very good and play mostly as number 10s (though Keatings could be pushed up) and some guys who mostly play in those wide/wing positions. We need at least one player  who can give us a hold up option and can play back to goal and make space for deeper runners.

So aye, I think we need two centre mids (hopefully re-signings, but need to go with what we can get there) a third wide midfield option and two centre forwards.

Do we? I see us playing more 352 that some other choice. 5 genuine potential starting CB’s says we’ll be playing 3 across the back. Add to the difficulty we had with one up top, and I’m betting we go to a forward duo. With Spencer, Matthews and Tait in the middle, that leaves two spots for all those forwards and wingers we have signed (and perhaps the ocassional use as attacking subs for Tumilty and Dick if we are losing a tight game). We now sign Hendry plus another mid, or two mids, and stop is my thought. Then JMcG Will shop the loan market for some tasty morsels. As noted, Ethan Ross would be the only forward/winger the club would reach out to sign.