The New Raith Rovers Thread

2 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

Only problem with this is the increase in price and what based on form appears to be a poorer team that last year. If we made some impressive signings, they might just have gotten away with the increase in price but recruiting Connolly, Zanatta and Dick aren’t going to appease concerns. Add to this the likelihood of losing Hendry.

It’s just a Simpsons meme, mate. 

3 hours ago, RRFC1989 said:

Only problem with this is the increase in price and what based on form appears to be a poorer team that last year. If we made some impressive signings, they might just have gotten away with the increase in price but recruiting Connolly, Zanatta and Dick aren’t going to appease concerns. Add to this the likelihood of losing Hendry.

Remember tho Hank Scorpio is a member of the Polit Bureau so his opinion is everything!

we’re set at the back, and probably the front, for now.

Do people genuinely think we’re done up front?

I think we were pretty weak up front last year (relatively speaking).
We’ve lost Armstrong, Kennedy, Gullan, Abraham, Duku and Ugwu.

We’ve signed Zanatta, Connelly and Keatings.

Only Keatings could be considered a goal threat and he’s not exactly been prolific elsewhere with an average of a goal every 4 games throughout his career.
I think we need another two strikers.

Ideally at least one will be a permanent signing.

On 07/06/2021 at 20:05, HibeeJibee said:

Wonder if any Raith fans can help me out.

I've just finished an old paperback called "Raith Rovers FC - the Story of the Club in Word & Pictures" published 1948.

However... last 2 pages are missing (p69-70).

tenor.gif?itemid=12219809

Anyone got a copy and able to post screenshots of the climax?

Sent 👍

13 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

I think we were pretty weak up front last year (relatively speaking).
We’ve lost Armstrong, Kennedy, Gullan, Abraham, Duku and Ugwu.

We’ve signed Zanatta, Connelly and Keatings.

Only Keatings could be considered a goal threat and he’s not exactly been prolific elsewhere with an average of a goal every 4 games throughout his career.
I think we need another two strikers.

Ideally at least one will be a permanent signing.

Nope I think we are at least one striker from being finished. Preferably a big striker to offer something different 

Since there’s plenty chat about season tickets, I’ll personally say, I couldn’t care what the club charged! If that extra money means an extra few Bob to a player and/or keeping a player (Hendry for example) then so be it. Season ticket bought.
I cannot f#cking wait to get back in to Stark’s! Hopefully Brechin in 5 weeks’ time will be the first of many for the new season ahead.

As for signings, it’s almost done to death by now, but I fully trust Super John!

I think someone asked about new strips also a few posts back, I’m pretty sure (99%) we’re getting new ones for 21/22.

7 hours ago, Cmac1869 said:

Interesting to see if we move forward signing him. We have offered Waters a new deal and will need to punt Haunstrup to create space for him. 

Kilmarnock have never approached the lad I believe it was all shite via some social media likes. Only clubs who showed genuine interest   Alloa, Kelty, accies and Stirling Albion. Deals been agreed between accies and Raith rovers for 6.5k just personal terms to be agreed was the latest. A bargain IMO after watching a lot of the championship last season he was a stand out full back

hearing no deal for Hendry he’s no interest in returning 

Edited by Lockstock

On 25/05/2021 at 21:11, Lockstock said:

Better offers on the table from 5-6 clubs I’m hearing, accies,killie,Alloa and two premier league clubs all made enquires as soon as he was transfer listed. Hearing Raith made very little effort to persuade him to stay. 

"All shite via social media likes" and you, of course, in your only other post on this forum. 

4 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

"All shite via social media likes" and you, of course, in your only other post on this forum. 

You are correct, weirdly the Kilmarnock link was in the papers a few days later and TW had identified him as someone he fancied. Inability to move on the current left back meant there was never any contact between the clubs. Reckon my source is pretty accurate though and Hendry won’t be back, heard the deal to keep spencer is close though 👍🏻

4 hours ago, stevoraith said:

As you quoted…”for now”. I see two or three midfield signing and then loans later. Only forward I could see signing is Ethan Ross.

Edited by TxRover

6 hours ago, TxRover said:

As you quoted…”for now”. I see two or three midfield signing and then loans later. Only forward I could see signing is Ethan Ross.

We still need at least 1 other centre forward.

Think about it even just tactically. If you want to play a 4-2-3-1, and imagine our midfield gaps have been filled.

You can do a front 4 based on pushing Keatings up into the 9 position with Connolly, Vaughan and Zannata behind. If we did sign someone like Ross then charitably we could make a sub for either of the wide players or the centre forward.... but not more than one.

In a 4-1-2-1-2 you have more options with only signing one more "forward" as it'd leave you two subs for probably 3 positions, but that leaves you potentially talking about a front two of Zanatta and "Ross" which isn't exactly a recognised pairing.

Then consider injuries. We all know Vaughan's injury record, Keatings season has been stop-start and Connolly managed 217 minutes. So, we need options in case of break down there.

And finally it's not just about bodies. I'd have no issue with signing Ross bit neither him, or anyone else in that squad looks fit to play as a recognised number 9. We've got a couple of guys who are technically very good and play mostly as number 10s (though Keatings could be pushed up) and some guys who mostly play in those wide/wing positions. We need at least one player  who can give us a hold up option and can play back to goal and make space for deeper runners.

So aye, I think we need two centre mids (hopefully re-signings, but need to go with what we can get there) a third wide midfield option and two centre forwards.

Edited by renton

10 hours ago, Lockstock said:

You are correct, weirdly the Kilmarnock link was in the papers a few days later and TW had identified him as someone he fancied. Inability to move on the current left back meant there was never any contact between the clubs. Reckon my source is pretty accurate though and Hendry won’t be back, heard the deal to keep spencer is close though 👍🏻

You are defo some family member or that. Joined like a week ago and commenting only on stuff regarding a certain individuals movements. 

So are you coming to Killie or no Kieran?

Edited by Cmac1869

11 hours ago, Lockstock said:

Wish Macca well when he leaves been a great player for us and a shame we couldn’t agree a deal. Killie would be a great move for him good club, great news if spencer does sign so I hope your source is accurate.

Edited by Been going too long