The New Raith Rovers Thread

6 minutes ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Agreed. Not keen at all on the idea of shelling out £300 only for numbers to be restricted to a level which means not all of us can get in each week.

I believe that as we are now tier 1 then we will be allowed 1000 fans in and if we go to tier 0 then we can get 2000 fans in

Don’t see how Raith are breaking the contract which still has a year to run, nothing stopping him training on his own if he can’t make training during the day . Killie obviously not wanting to pay a fee but don’t see why we should release a player under contract to go and strengthen a rival when we would be entitled to cash from them

8 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

Surely it’s the club which is breaking the contract

If he's been offered better terms to go full time the original contract will still be in place and will need to be honoured.

If he has a better offer elsewhere the club should be entitled to some compensation.

1 hour ago, Ro Sham Bo said:

Agreed. Not keen at all on the idea of shelling out £300 only for numbers to be restricted to a level which means not all of us can get in each week.

That's the advantage of the season ticket though. 

If there are restrictions in place, the North & South stands between them will accommodate the majority of not all season ticket holders, with social distancing in place. 

For track & trace, you're not going to be able to purchase tickets at the turnstile so will need to buy them in advance and provide contact details.

Tickets for away matches, if fans are even allowed, will likely be distributed through season ticket holders and supporters groups for the same reason.

So under the circumstances, a season ticket looks at not bad option. 

2 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Hamilton season ticket Prices 2021-22:

Adult season ticket prices will be £250 working out at £13.88 per game. 

Over 65s season ticket prices will be £150, working out at £8.33 per game.

Under 18s season ticket prices will be £60, working out at £3.33 per game.  

Gold membership season tickets will be £450. This season book also includes access to all home cup matches. Which includes a half-time fayre at all matches.  

Its a slightly mixed bag with their Adult and OAP price both about £50 lower than ours but slightly higher U16 price and no primary school reduction.

The HAFC prices are very reasonable IMO. I think the  Rovers prices are really good for kids (and should be applauded) but could have been better for adults and OAP's especially for those renewing.  More could have been done for disabled fans but it's a tricky situation as it can be open to abuse.

Disabled supporters used to have to provide proof by way of their  disability award letter in order to purchase a disabled season ticket,the free carer eligibility is the part thats open to abuse.I dont know the breakdown on how many disabled season holders there are but wouldn,t suspect a lot 

Edited by Rovers_Lad

IMG_2895.jpg.bc4ff4e4ae6322d6cff0ae80c7bb21bc.jpg

IMG_2896.jpg.c9e0b8008e561827ca922ab142b62448.jpg

IMG_2897.jpg.23f99fd739950ea9cc131d16504cdaa8.jpg

IMG_2898.jpg.b6e7b677bc9b5a9513b9b982ad3932cb.jpg

IMG_2899.jpg.63b2f0aec04ecdbb6bfe57607500e926.jpg

IMG_2900.jpg.5864a2e18ab5d162f4e29183d4c337e2.jpg

IMG_2901.jpg.05fc809264ea83a0bc5039acf30ebab4.jpg

IMG_2902.jpg.1cd5605c8419a82491a0547723815e0f.jpg

IMG_2903.jpg.fbde827a7d4e65b08481384cdd4bc30c.jpg

IMG_2904.jpg.1374947c1e4cbd8196b2cb1c72036146.jpg

Only problem with this is the increase in price and what based on form appears to be a poorer team that last year. If we made some impressive signings, they might just have gotten away with the increase in price but recruiting Connolly, Zanatta and Dick aren’t going to appease concerns. Add to this the likelihood of losing Hendry.

Interesting to read a fair bit of ‘disappointment’ at the prospect of Zanatta and Connelly on the wings next season.
If we go with the preferred 433 formation again, it’s not inconceivable to have Keatings and Vaughan either side of a central striker, leaving the afore mentioned duo on the bench.
These two may just be seen as squad players, I wish people would just keep the negativity at bay until we see how these guys actually perform!
It'll be 352 formation, Bene, Musonda and Berra. As a back 3

I think we will see more of a traditional mcglynn approach next season on the pitch. He's got good defensive options and will look to make us hard to beat and will keep it tight. That said I'm sure we will still play a bit it just might be a bit more conservative and be a slow build up of possession from the back line. 

Starks Park could be turned into a decent place for covid games. Put up herass fencing on approach to the south stand. North stand you can close off the car park and do similar. Show your season card to get in past the barriers then swipe in to register as per covid requirements. From there you have full access to all parts of the ground. Even the area to the rear of the railway stand. You can put benches out behind the stands, including the railway stand. Put in a couple of burger vans to give extra food places. The board can come to an arrangement with Balwierie High to park club vehicles. I'm relation to season tickets I'll wait until I know I can get in each match. We live in Cumbernauld and by dad is in his late 70s. If we don't both get to go it's pointless.

If we play a 3 then I don't see how Connolly, Zannata and potentially Ross would fit in as presumably he'd play 3 centrally and 2 up top in Keatings and Vaughan.

Are we getting new kits again this year? Or keeping home and or away?

Edited by HoustonRover

15 minutes ago, spot on said:

If Lewis Vaughan was to be converted to a right back we could have a back line next season of Vaughan , Berra, Lang, Dick🤔

Sounds a bit Germanic…maybe would work for the Pars a bit better.

On to line-ups…we’re set at the back, and probably the front, for now. Mids are the only real open question. As it stands, assuming 352, I would think…

MacDonald

Musonda/Berra/Bene

Tumilty/Matthews/Tait/???/Dick

Keatings/Vaughan

I just don’t see Connolly in that open spot, but Zanatta is (barely) possible if Spencer doesn’t re-sign. If we somehow get Hendry back, then Tait can slide over.

Edited by TxRover

1 hour ago, pub car king said:

I think we will see more of a traditional mcglynn approach next season on the pitch. He's got good defensive options and will look to make us hard to beat and will keep it tight. That said I'm sure we will still play a bit it just might be a bit more conservative and be a slow build up of possession from the back line. 

Nah, I don't see that happening. I think he'll stick to what's been a success, We played that style even when Hendry was out injured, and strengthening the defence doesn't have to restrict our forward play.