The New Raith Rovers Thread

Anybody else having issues renewing their season ticket?   Kept saying it couldn't contact payment provider, now it's finally got past that and comes up with the Enter Your Payment Details bit but can't put any details in as it keeps coming up with an error.

1 hour ago, Wildrover said:

Kind of calmed down after yesterday, but the season ticket pricing sticks in my craw, the disabled price increase is a farce, on the main ticket price based on below the club (John Sim) are taking the Mickey;-

1. Supporters raised over £100k on go fund me

2. Supporters paid for season tickets for not attending the stadium

3. Sales of 50/50 tickets online

4. Supporters paying for PPV

5. Donate a ticket was well subscribed

6. £190 for 3/4 season would equate to £253 for a full season.

7. £500K government grant

8. £200K extra prize money for finishing 3rd from our budgeted 7th

9. £50K from that Hearts bloke

So basically instead of giving the fans a wee gesture (freezing prices), the man in charge has decided on a 19% increase in real terms from last season when people are hurting after this pandemic, i think it's a slap in the puss to the fans and a PR faux pas from the club

Updated🙄

4 minutes ago, Wildrover said:

Updated🙄

Could probably add to that list the money people paid out for a ticket and bus to the final that never happened.   I don't think that's ever been refunded has it?  Or did that go to the SPFL?    I mean if they were to ask "Do you want a refund, or just leave it as a donation to the club?"  I'd be happy to leave it, like I guess most of us did with the potential refund of the season tickets in 2019/20.    

1 hour ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

(Although I'll probably do it anyway, because I'm an eejit. Must be handy having mindless devotees as a customer base. Like being a heroin dealer, or a Tory MP.) 

Stay away from the Kool Aid folks.

28 minutes ago, SanStarko said:

Anybody else having issues renewing their season ticket?   Kept saying it couldn't contact payment provider, now it's finally got past that and comes up with the Enter Your Payment Details bit but can't put any details in as it keeps coming up with an error.

Got through the process but noticed it massively under charged me, so can't be right.

13 minutes ago, kev23 said:

I noticed they only charged £200 per season ticket after I had completed the purchase.

The club won't have a legal recourse to claiming back the difference, so unless you're feeling generous.... 

I'm assuming they've noticed something is wrong, I just keep getting a message saying "The portal will be available again shortly"

Thought I'd locked myself out but that's been longer than 15 minutes now. 

16 hours ago, Scottydog said:

I don't think it's as much of a democracy at SP as we'd like to think. JS  is the owner so It's John's ball and it's John's game. I get the idea that he pretty much decides and the rest have to follow suit. I'm sure there was support from elsewhere on the board to make concessions but the fact that it didn't happen make me think it's more down to one man than many.

Having since spoken with the chairman I would like to amend the above comment.

The Chairman has said his input on pricing of season tickets was "minimal" and that the decision was taken after discussion by the whole board.  That said I know him to be a determined character and would not be surprised if his voice on the issue was a strong factor in the outcome, but must humbly submit it would not (and could not) have been the only factor.  

To clarify I formed my assumption based on past conversations with ex-employees and  previous board members (all obviously no longer at the club), maybe after several years at the helm things are being done a lot differently, or maybe I have been subject to misinformation.

29 minutes ago, Scottydog said:

Having since spoken with the chairman I would like to amend the above comment.

The Chairman has said his input on pricing of season tickets was "minimal" and that the decision was taken after discussion by the whole board.  That said I know him to be a determined character and would not be surprised if his voice on the issue was a strong factor in the outcome, but must humbly submit it would not (and could not) have been the only factor.  

To clarify I formed my assumption based on past conversations with ex-employees and  previous board members (all obviously no longer at the club), maybe after several years at the helm things are being done a lot differently, or maybe I have been subject to misinformation.

Standby my initial comment that it was a Board Decision.  People will only tell you their own opinions and what they want you to hear/believe. Nice to know that BOD are aware of the furore the pricing structure has caused. Will it make any difference? Not one jot. Unfortunately. 😟

Hamilton season ticket Prices 2021-22:

Adult season ticket prices will be £250 working out at £13.88 per game. 

Over 65s season ticket prices will be £150, working out at £8.33 per game.

Under 18s season ticket prices will be £60, working out at £3.33 per game.  

Gold membership season tickets will be £450. This season book also includes access to all home cup matches. Which includes a half-time fayre at all matches.  

Its a slightly mixed bag with their Adult and OAP price both about £50 lower than ours but slightly higher U16 price and no primary school reduction.

The HAFC prices are very reasonable IMO. I think the  Rovers prices are really good for kids (and should be applauded) but could have been better for adults and OAP's especially for those renewing.  More could have been done for disabled fans but it's a tricky situation as it can be open to abuse.

1 minute ago, Cmac1869 said:

What’s the crack with Kieran Macdonald is he a free agent or are you due a fee. 

Another year on his contract but couldn't work out a FT deal that would work for him. So presumably we'd be due a fee.

26 minutes ago, Cmac1869 said:

Interesting to see if we move forward signing him. We have offered Waters a new deal and will need to punt Haunstrup to create space for him. 

You’ll be needing to offer him a full-time salary that will make-up his part-time plus job as an engineer (for a sensor door company, I believe). Apparently we couldn’t sweeten the salary enough for him to go full-time, and elected to list him for transfer.

Interesting to read a fair bit of ‘disappointment’ at the prospect of Zanatta and Connelly on the wings next season.

If we go with the preferred 433 formation again, it’s not inconceivable to have Keatings and Vaughan either side of a central striker, leaving the afore mentioned duo on the bench.

These two may just be seen as squad players, I wish people would just keep the negativity at bay until we see how these guys actually perform!

My two bobs worth on the season tickets are yes it’s disappointing the price has increased without much consideration for hard up fans but what will really stop me getting one is how many fans  are going to be allowed into games, I’m sick of the streams( despite our excellent Raith tv ) football is not a tv programme and I can understand watching EPL , Euros on tv but my local team, I want to be there not at 1 in 4 for example home games.

8 minutes ago, Been going too long said:

My two bobs worth on the season tickets are yes it’s disappointing the price has increased without much consideration for hard up fans but what will really stop me getting one is how many fans  are going to be allowed into games, I’m sick of the streams( despite our excellent Raith tv ) football is not a tv programme and I can understand watching EPL , Euros on tv but my local team, I want to be there not at 1 in 4 for example home games.

Agreed. Not keen at all on the idea of shelling out £300 only for numbers to be restricted to a level which means not all of us can get in each week.

1 hour ago, Cmac1869 said:

What’s the crack with Kieran Macdonald is he a free agent or are you due a fee. 

He's under contract, but since he isn't now in our plans I imagine the fee will very much be nominal. Holding out for a higher fee will just cost us more in the long run.