The New Raith Rovers Thread

32 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

If i,m reading the season ticket prices right,under 65 disabled priced  at £300 as opposed to £130 last season 😳

That’s a sore one if correct 

Ayr United disabled ( any age) £160 gets a disabled ticket and a free ticket for the Carer 

It's a hard one aiming for 5th and 6th though, as you've pointed out it's a bawhair away from the relegation playoffs! 

I think that’s the issue with 10 team divisions in the past for clubs like Rovers, Morton and Queens. We’ve spent money and had good season but fallen short of promotion, the following season we lose some players and as pointed out by you and above we then had to slash the budget which flirts with relegation. I hope we’re challenging for top 4 after last season and I think the current SPFL prize money helps avoid the yo-yo effect. However with yourselves, Killie, Hamilton and ICT we’ll need to overhaul one of you who I expect to have bigger budgets as well as fight off Morton / Queens / Ayr. Partick Thistle are a huge unknown for me as they were dead and buried and while their league win was impressive they only managed it as Falkirk were rancid and totally collapsed.

The worst thing about the season ticket and Connolly announcements is that it’s sucked a bit of the feel-good factor out of the club.

I was properly buzzing for next season after the absolute belter of a season we’ve just had but the Zanatta and Connolly signings do not paint the picture that the club is looking upwards and the ticket pricing doesn’t sit with the ‘we’re all part of the community club’ feeling which has been building for a few years.

8 minutes ago, stevoraith said:

The worst thing about the season ticket and Connolly announcements is that it’s sucked a bit of the feel-good factor out of the club.

I was properly buzzing for next season after the absolute belter of a season we’ve just had but the Zanatta and Connolly signings do not paint the picture that the club is looking upwards and the ticket pricing doesn’t sit with the ‘we’re all part of the community club’ feeling which has been building for a few years.

I think the key thing about the signings is that they want to be here in the sense of wanting to play for the Rovers. I liked Connolly when he was with us before and as others have said, trust in McGlynn. 

The season ticket thing seems like a weird one all things considered - John Sim made it seem like financially things were rosier than expected so price increase definitely dampens the spirits a bit. 

Willing to give Connolly and Zanatta a chance before criticising them due to their past performances for the Rovers however they don't particularly excite me given their performances since leaving. Happy with Dick and reckon he should be a decent signing for us to replace MacDonald.

On the pricing of the season tickets, I think the club have got this wrong. £300 seems quite excessive, I'm not sure what other teams in the league are charging but I can't see it being too much. I also thought the idea of this Online Lounge was a good idea until it clicked that it would mean content behind a paywall - surely very few people are going to pay given it used to be free? 

The club are in one of the strongest positions they've been in since I started supporting in 2002, not even just on the field but in terms of building something and connecting with the community. Financially, we should be as good if not better than we've ever been in that duration given the fundraisers, COVID grant, James Anderson money, Bowie transfer fee and the high league finish in the past year however this is not being reflected with what appears to be trying to rinse the supporters of more money.

A definite dampener on a good feeling around the club but I'm sure McGlynn said he wanted his squad fully assembled by the end of the week so here's hoping for some more positive and inspiring news and signings to come. 

Happy to trust McGlynn with his signings. While Connolly and Zanatta may, on the face of it, be uninspiring signings, McGlynn does tend to get the best out of the players at his disposal. Aye, there's the occasional Scott McBride or Craig Winter, but his signings are usually pretty much bob on.

I think the key thing about the signings is that they want to be here in the sense of wanting to play for the Rovers. I liked Connolly when he was with us before and as others have said, trust in McGlynn. 

The season ticket thing seems like a weird one all things considered - John Sim made it seem like financially things were rosier than expected so price increase definitely dampens the spirits a bit. 

I think the price increase would have come last season on promotion had it not been for Covid but they knew the season was in doubt. Honestly I think the club should have held off for 1 more season put it to the fans as “we would be putting them up but we’re delaying it as a thanks for supporting during Covid etc” I don’t know the clubs finances but it’d come across as a good gesture after last season to keep them frozen for a year. Out of interest anyone know the prices for last year?

With our recent signings in Keatings, Connolly, along with Vaughan  we do need some height up front. Hopefully we can announce Ethan Ross and a tall striker soon and retain Hendry, not happening and Spencer. We then wont be far at all from a completed squad.

2 minutes ago, San Starko Rover said:

I think the price increase would have come last season on promotion had it not been for Covid but they knew the season was in doubt. Honestly I think the club should have held off for 1 more season put it to the fans as “we would be putting them up but we’re delaying it as a thanks for supporting during Covid etc” I don’t know the clubs finances but it’d come across as a good gesture after last season to keep them frozen for a year. Out of interest anyone know the prices for last year?

Screenshot_20210607-193135_Chrome.jpg.0c934a22f18633f676bad6a17da23730.jpg

31 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

That’s a sore one if correct 

Ayr United disabled ( any age) £160 gets a disabled ticket and a free ticket for the Carer 

The Season Ticket prices as follows:

• Adult – £300
  • Over 65 – £190
  • Under 21 – £150
  • Under 16 – £10 for renewals / £50 for new
  • Under 12 – £10 for renewals / £25 for new
  • Disabled – priced the same as the age category with carer free (if eligible)
  •  

7 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

With our recent signings in Keatings, Connolly, along with Vaughan  we do need some height up front. Hopefully we can announce Ethan Ross and a tall striker soon and retain Hendry, not happening and Spencer. We then wont be far at all from a completed squad.

... and a decent physio.

6 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

The Season Ticket prices as follows:

• Adult – £300
  • Over 65 – £190
  • Under 21 – £150
  • Under 16 – £10 for renewals / £50 for new
  • Under 12 – £10 for renewals / £25 for new
  • Disabled – priced the same as the age category with carer free (if eligible)
  •  

Ayr £260

Over 65 £160

18-21 £160

12-18 £55

u12 £20

Disabled £160 including Carer 

Edited by Finlay21

Wonder if any Raith fans can help me out.

I've just finished an old paperback called "Raith Rovers FC - the Story of the Club in Word & Pictures" published 1948.

However... last 2 pages are missing (p69-70).

tenor.gif?itemid=12219809

Anyone got a copy and able to post screenshots of the climax?

1 hour ago, Surely No said:

Happy with Liam Dick slightly underwhelmed with Aiden Connolly and only time will tell.   Regards Season Tickets. Think it's a Massive OG. Wouldn't lay the blame solely with JS as he is only one man. So the majority of our BOD must have thought it was acceptable and justified. Great for the under 16 fan base but one helluva kick in the teeth to the rest. Only my opinion and could be wrong.

I don't think it's as much of a democracy at SP as we'd like to think. JS  is the owner so It's John's ball and it's John's game. I get the idea that he pretty much decides and the rest have to follow suit. I'm sure there was support from elsewhere on the board to make concessions but the fact that it didn't happen make me think it's more down to one man than many.

36 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I feel we also need some pace as well. We've now got very good technical players but Zanatta apart, not much pace. 

I liked Connolly first time round and I'm quite happy to see him back. If he gets a run of games he's a more than capable Championship player. 

I was hoping for Ross though and if we could get him it would address the lack of pace. 

If we could get Ross and a target man style forward, then we just need to address the potential departure of Hendry and Spencer and we should be pretty much ready to go. 

The season ticket price announcement is a bit of a sore one. 

On the face of it, we paid £200 for 13 home games last season at £15.38 per match so £16.67 per match isn't that much of an increase, but given that season ticket holders lost out so much last season a 10% discount or £30 voucher for the club shop (that could be used on tops) would have been nice. 

Thought Connolly was older than 25, if he can stay injury free he's a good replacement for Armstrong and if he can still deliver a cross even better

Too many linking him to last years Falkirk team where he was out most of the season. It’s also possible to find good players in a poor team. Connolly was good with us last time when we were up the League. Might be wrong but wasn’t he one of the players who came in during our usual clocks change lull and helped us kick on?

Too many linking him to last years Falkirk team where he was out most of the season. It’s also possible to find good players in a poor team. Connolly was good with us last time when we were up the League. Might be wrong but wasn’t he one of the players who came in during our usual clocks change lull and helped us kick on?
Aye he was one of the signings who made a difference when he came in after being released by Dundee utd in January iirc. He has had 5 seasons away from us though and hasn't impressed anywhere in that time. Hopefully we get the same exciting signing we had under mckinnon rather than the player he's been elsewhere.