The New Raith Rovers Thread

1 minute ago, kev23 said:

I don’t think I’d have it in me to be critical about anyone before they’ve been given an opportunity to kick a ball but that’s a bewildering signing. McGlynn knows what he’s doing but between this, and Zanatta, we seem like we’ve went backwards a little bit.

McGlynn has always had a blind spot for wingers/wide players though. Last season may be the exception.

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m quite happy with Connolly. Strange reaction from most here, he did well for us in the championship last time?

5 years ago. What’s he done since?

Yeah, my main issue is that he has done next to nothing of note for 5 years.  

I trust the manager, but given the season we have just had and the manger/clubs stock, its a bit of a strange one. 

Zannata and Connolly were both decent with us last time and I’ve little interest in how players did at (insert club). Partick fans told us Nisbet was hopeless, Airdrie fans were delighted we took a MacDonald off them and Morton fans told us Graham was shit. Last season we took a 6-2 thumping off Falkirk in preseason and we all hit the panic button.

2 minutes ago, Hank Scorpio said:

I’m quite happy with Connolly. Strange reaction from most here, he did well for us in the championship last time?

6 years ago, not exactly kicked on since and not exactly a standout for Falkirk in the league below when he was fit.

Connelly does have a bit of ability and really looked a player when he was here before. The problem is he hasn't kicked on and has just spent an injury hit season at falkirk who were lucky to finish 5th in l1. I'm happy to give the new guys a chance but it really doesn't look great on paper. The signings we have made also don't look like we've actually had much of an increase to the playing budget. Maybe the only difference is that we're paying players ft wages instead of pt though when it comes to that.

Eta: I'm going to have to get my auto correct sorted for the correct spelling of Connolly as well.

9 minutes ago, HIT THE CHANNEL said:

I just fully trust McGlynn with the team, so if he thinks Dario Z and Connelly are what we need, then I back it. 

100% this, the gaffer has a habit of getting the best out of players who many thought were average at best, in the bald one we trust

45 minutes ago, true_rover said:

Am I the only one reading that the highlights and interviews look like they're going behind a paywall next season as well? Especially when season ticket holders are getting one month free to the online lounge.

New for 21/22 Rovers Online Lounge
The new Rovers online lounge will be launched this season, giving everyone access to all the home games, post and pre-match interviews all year round. More information to follow.

Sounds like a library that allows viewing of older games indefinitely rather than for the limited time we can now. Paywall would be a tremendous mistake if it’s for highlights and pre/post interviews.

P.S. Connolly apparently played all of 217 minutes for Falkirk last season due to injuries…a very Rovers signing.

Edited by TxRover

1 minute ago, TxRover said:

Sounds like a library that allows viewing of older games indefinitely rather than for the limited time we can now. Paywall would be a tremendous mistake if it’s for highlights and pre/post interviews.

That exists on YouTube already - makes even less sense to make fans pay for that than the current content. 

Connolly will be excellent one week and you won’t see him for the next month.

McGlynn has never been about star players though. He gets together a team that can compete as a unit and organises them really well. It’s not like your squad last season was brimming with talent but it worked brilliantly.

Understand the concerns of fans to a certain degree, but I’d like to think after the season we’ve just had that McGlynn gets a bit of leeway with his signings. Fully trust him to sign the players to get us playing the way he wants to play.