The New Raith Rovers Thread

16 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

It’s been a long 24 years but the rivalry is back.

I’m sure we had another game after this that season but this is my most recent memory of Raith vs Killie.

I can only remember the cup game at Stark’s around 2002/2003ish which must have been our most recent meeting. Ramiro Gonzales spilled the ball in hilarious fashion for Killie to score.

8 minutes ago, Enigma said:

I can only remember the cup game at Stark’s around 2002/2003ish which must have been our most recent meeting. Ramiro Gonzales spilled the ball in hilarious fashion for Killie to score.

That effort earned him the Soccer AM taxi the following Saturday as well. 

Edit: here it is 

Vincent Talio was a good player. 

Edited by Michael W

I know I'm a bit grumpy, but I have to say I'm quite disappointed that there isn't any real gesture towards those who purchased a season ticket for last season, and got very little for it.

I know I'm a bit grumpy, but I have to say I'm quite disappointed that there isn't any real gesture towards those who purchased a season ticket for last season, and got very little for it.

Can’t argue with that.

Obviously I’ll get one anyway, I’m a mug punter. But season ticket holders were done out of four games in 19/20, and paid for 14 streams in 20/21 at a higher price than simply paying for all streams individually. And who do we think contributed to all the crowdfunders, sold out last season’s shirts, pay into the Supporters Fund, etc? In the main, season ticket holders.

The reward? A price increase. The club have to make money, now more than ever. And the most reliable place to make the money is from the mug punters. I get it. But I don’t think anyone can pretend it doesn’t stick in the throat a bit. Not even a token tenner off for renewing!

6 minutes ago, CALDERON said:

I'm pretty surprised at the lack of a wee gesture too.

I appreciate that budgets will be quite a bit different but when you see what Motherwell have done I expected the club to give a wee bit back somehow. 

Just now, Paco said:

Can’t argue with that.

Obviously I’ll get one anyway, I’m a mug punter. But season ticket holders were done out of four games in 19/20, and paid for 14 streams in 20/21 at a higher price than simply paying for all streams individually. And who do we think contributed to all the crowdfunders, sold out last season’s shirts, pay into the Supporters Fund, etc? In the main, season ticket holders.

The reward? A price increase. The club have to make money, now more than ever. And the most reliable place to make the money is from the mug punters. I get it. But I don’t think anyone can pretend it doesn’t stick in the throat a bit. Not even a token tenner off for renewing!

To be fair, if I was after value for money I wouldn't be a Rovers fan.

Am I the only one reading that the highlights and interviews look like they're going behind a paywall next season as well? Especially when season ticket holders are getting one month free to the online lounge.

New for 21/22 Rovers Online Lounge
The new Rovers online lounge will be launched this season, giving everyone access to all the home games, post and pre-match interviews all year round. More information to follow.

4 minutes ago, true_rover said:

Am I the only one reading that the highlights and interviews look like they're going behind a paywall next season as well? Especially when season ticket holders are getting one month free to the online lounge.

New for 21/22 Rovers Online Lounge
The new Rovers online lounge will be launched this season, giving everyone access to all the home games, post and pre-match interviews all year round. More information to follow.

I really hope not.  The club tried something like that years ago, when online highlights and content were pretty new, and it was keech. Considering the volume of content currently out there for free, it would have to be something outstanding for people to be happy paying for it.

Don't get me wrong, if Regan Hendry signs then the club can ask me to pay them to eat my own breakfast, and I will, but that's not going to happen.

Edited by CALDERON

That is terrible value if we end up with fans not being allowed in stadiums again. 
Price up by a third from last year as well. Awful. 

Isn’t it more the fact that ST price’s would have been higher last season due to us being in the championship and was discounted due to the shortened season and the likely result of not being able to view any games.

That is terrible value if we end up with fans not being allowed in stadiums again. 
Price up by a third from last year as well. Awful. 

Increasing the price does seem a strange move with the uncertainty of Covid. At the moment we’re in Level 1 but we could easily be back in lockdown and have no fans in the stadium. I’m in the Mug Punter bracket so I’ll buy one regardless but it might put some off with the uncertainty.

1 minute ago, RRFC1989 said:

Isn’t it more the fact that ST price’s would have been higher last season due to us being in the championship and was discounted due to the shortened season and the likely result of not being able to view any games.

Well, Season ticket holders got less value for money than those paying for a stream each week, despite stumping up the cash upfront. That's the point that is annoying me.

Just now, San Starko Rover said:

Increasing the price does seem a strange move with the uncertainty of Covid. At the moment we’re in Level 1 but we could easily be back in lockdown and have no fans in the stadium. I’m in the Mug Punter bracket so I’ll buy one regardless but it might put some off with the uncertainty.

You get the stream guaranteed as well if you buy one, don't you? Imagine the option will be open to purchase the stream individually depending on restrictions as well. 

I'd be tempted with the season ticket for another year of being able to watch us if the price was not £300!

A Spanish club (can't remember which) melted down a trophy from the cabinet and forged it into stars; one for every season ticket holder. Mansfield Town are giving every season ticket renewal a free replica shirt and some other mob have printed their season ticket holders names into the pattern of the away top. Does seem a bit of an oversight to not recognise the support given through the covid drought when given the chance. And I'm also the price of 2 caramel wafer cup final tickets & bus fares down. And the season tickets have gone up. I don't need anyone to explain the economics of current championship football but as others have said, no gesture seems to be a misstep.

You get the stream guaranteed as well if you buy one, don't you? Imagine the option will be open to purchase the stream individually depending on restrictions as well. 
I'd be tempted with the season ticket for another year of being able to watch us if the price was not £300!
Price per game for a season ticket holder next season is just over £16. If they maintain the stream cost at £12pg then there really isn't any value at all in a season ticket, depending on restrictions. Also have to remember that, yes we got access to the live stream of games last season but that was again far dearer than if we all paid for the stream on the day. There's also the 4? Games missing at the end of the l1 season as well. It's not great value at all, but realistically we don't buy the season ticket to get value for money.