The New Raith Rovers Thread

Think some more respect needs put on Bene. 

I reckon Mousonda is our best CB, possibly even just our best player outright. In my opinion I’d take Bene over Berra 9 times out of 10. I might be completely wrong come half way through the season but in my opinion, top CBs in order:

Mousonda, Bene, Berra, Lang, McKay. 

Looking forward to the battle though. Having this much competition for positions can only be a good thing! 

Think some more respect needs put on Bene. 

I reckon Mousonda is our best CB, possibly even just our best player outright. In my opinion I’d take Bene over Berra 9 times out of 10. I might be completely wrong come half way through the season but in my opinion, top CBs in order:
Mousonda, Bene, Berra, Lang, McKay. 

Looking forward to the battle though. Having this much competition for positions can only be a good thing! 
Musonda. Musonda. Try it - Mu son da. Musonda.

You're ready to argue he's a better player than Lewis Vaughan?

1 hour ago, Brashy's Boots said:

Musonda. Musonda. Try it - Mu son da. Musonda.

You're ready to argue he's a better player than Lewis Vaughan?

If it wasn’t for the MUSONDA injury he could of been. I know Vaughan is a fantastic player, but it’s not inconceivable that there is a player/players better than Vaughan in this team. 

Musonda defiantly could be/become our best/most important player next season. I look forward to seeing it happen.  

10 hours ago, HoustonRover said:

I’m imagine McKay goes out on loan for certainly the 1st half of the season no?

Any word on Hendry? Wondering where he will end up.

Doubtful, if we are playing three CB’s, especially with Frankie the preferred cover for LB and McKay perhaps the same at RB. Until we see Lang and McKay in action (and our new LB, Dick perhaps?), we are all just blathering on about unknowns. So far I’ve seen St. Johnstone, Hearts and Hibs mooted about, but SJ was the only strong rumour.

1 hour ago, kirkcaldybanjo111 said:

so,weve got rid of 4 of our 5 top scorers.whose going to bang the goals in for us.

In terms of league goals you are talking about replacing 6, 5 and 3?

A fit Vaughan and Keatings is a decent start.

5 minutes ago, Zen Archer Esq. said:

Now we literally have Dick to talk about. I like this signing a lot, he’s had time to learn and mature since his first try at full-time, and looked quite capable at part-time LB with Alloa. The bonus is he can play across the back, and probably completes our defensive signings for the season. I was a wee bit hopeful when I tossed his name out there with Alloa heading down, and now am quite happy…hopefully the curse of me liking him (see Mendy, Nando) doesn’t reoccur.

Edit: Rather like that top!

Edited by TxRover

It looks a solid signing and probably worth a 2 year deal as he's proven at this level. That's GK and defence sorted the big question is the midfield and then we need to add at least 1 forward but I think mcglynn will exploit the loan market as he usually does.