The New Raith Rovers Thread

4 minutes ago, pub car king said:

So we are sorted for

Goalkeepers.

Defenders apart from a lb but Musonda can cover although it's a bit of a waste.

Midfielders we are waiting on hendry and spencer to sign. This is such a key position I hope we have something lined up as hendry is a long shot but I do think spencer will sign on again. This is where we will have to spend money. 

Wingers we have added Zanatta but lost Armstrong. This is prime for a loan signing.

Forwards really need one more here but I think again McGlynn will opt for a loan signing. 

I dunno, I can't see us running with no recognised left back, replacing or keeping two centre mids, then only adding two loan signings near the end of the window.

Dunno why but for some reason I think Hendry will be back and Spencer is the one that will be offski, I hope not as I'm hoping they both stay. IMO too much disruption in that dept wouldn't be good.

I'd love to see Ethan Ross return from Aberdeen be it as a loanee or a signing, that would take care of a wide problem.

Up front I wonder if Gullan's time is up at Hib's, yes he's got a year left on his contract but so has Stevenson and we are linked with him, speaking of Stevenson I wouldn't say no but it's now looking more and more like it's Liam Dick that coming, but will it be just him?

Just because players are still under contract it doesn't mean they wont be released, last season Robbie Deas was still under contract at Celtic but was released to go to Inverness, money is tight and teams make their choices accordingly, Stevenson, Gullan and Ross would be ideal and if Rangers aren't 100% on Kennedy then I suppose w could take him off their hands too ....if we have to.😁

Edited by Scottydog

On 18/05/2021 at 14:55, RaithRyan said:

Scott Robinson getting released from Livi - Ex Jambo too from McGlynn’s time.

maybe someone on the messiahs radar? Creative midfielder who could chip in with goals.

I'd quietly hoped this might be one of McGlynn's wee coups like getting Jamie MacDonald, but he's gone to Kilmarnock. 

Dunno why but for some reason I think Hendry will be back and Spencer is the one that will be offski, I hope not as I'm hoping they both stay. IMO too much disruption in that dept wouldn't be good.
I'd love to see Ethan Ross return from Aberdeen be it as a loanee or a signing, that would take care of a wide problem.
Up front I wonder if Gullan's time is up at Hib's, yes he's got a year left on his contract but so has Stevenson and we are linked with him, speaking of Stevenson I wouldn't say no but it's now looking more and more like it's Liam Dick that coming, but will it be just him?
Just because players are still under contract it doesn't mean they wont be released, last season Robbie Deas was still under contract at Celtic but was released to go to Inverness, money is tight and teams make their choices accordingly, Stevenson, Gullan and Ross would be ideal and if Rangers aren't 100% on Kennedy then I suppose w could take him off there hands ....if we have to.[emoji16]

I’m starting to think Hendry and Spencer will re-sign. Don’t know why, probably just over optimism. Would love Gullan to sign permanently, not sure how likely this would be though.

3 minutes ago, Raith Against The Machine said:

There's absolutely no chance Hendry signs a new contract. 

Would have thought he'd have been announced by someone by now.

Would be nice to hear some signing news soon.

4 hours ago, renton said:

Nah, Anton Dowds is basically a worse version of Declan McManus.

I don’t know about that. I know at East Fife he performed well in an AM/SS role, providing a link between the middle and the attack. Falkirk was using him as one of a pair of strikers and wasted his potential between the boxes. That just makes me think of how we will replace Hendry’s movement and connecting the front and back. Dowds play at Falkirk was moderately woeful, but in a role he wasn’t suited for…and we’ve seen JMcG’s ability to transform players by maximizing their fit to our playing style.

That being said, I only tossed the name out as a discount signing thought for a possibly open role.

4 minutes ago, TxRover said:

I don’t know about that. I know at East Fife he performed well in an AM/SS role, providing a link between the middle and the attack. Falkirk was using him as one of a pair of strikers and wasted his potential between the boxes. That just makes me think of how we will replace Hendry’s movement and connecting the front and back. Dowds play at Falkirk was moderately woeful, but in a role he wasn’t suited for…and we’ve seen JMcG’s ability to transform players by maximizing their fit to our playing style.

That being said, I only tossed the name out as a discount signing thought for a possibly open role.

Honestly struggling with the mental gymnastics required to get from Regan Hendry to Anton Dowds to be quite honest with you.

That's basically where Vaughan and keatings are at their best so he would be a pointless signing. I doubt mcglynn would even contemplate signing dowds this summer.

Other than on PnB, where else have we been linked to Stevenson? The person that linked us with Stevenson on here a couple of weeks ago wasn’t being serious [emoji28]

35 minutes ago, Rovers1992/1993 said:

Other than on PnB, where else have we been linked to Stevenson? The person that linked us with Stevenson on here a couple of weeks ago wasn’t being serious emoji28.png

Fair do's he's been mentioned in a few places but tbf mostly on here. FWIW I don't think he'll be anywhere near SP.

20 hours ago, Scottydog said:

Just because players are still under contract it doesn't mean they wont be released, last season Robbie Deas was still under contract at Celtic but was released to go to Inverness, money is tight and teams make their choices accordingly, Stevenson, Gullan and Ross would be ideal and if Rangers aren't 100% on Kennedy then I suppose w could take him off their hands too ....if we have to.😁

Seems he's removed all reference to Aberdeen on his social media profiles. Just 'footballer' now.

I can't see him coming back and doubt he'll get another Premier League team.

4 minutes ago, Merkland Red said:

Seems he's removed all reference to Aberdeen on his social media profiles. Just 'footballer' now.

I can't see him coming back and doubt he'll get another Premier League team.

Did he play at all when he returned? 

I imagine he was recalled because we signed Kennedy, but we could've done with him at times when Armstrong /Kennedy were off the boil. In many ways he was more effective than Kennedy as well. 

3 minutes ago, Michael W said:

Did he play at all when he returned? 

I imagine he was recalled because we signed Kennedy, but we could've done with him at times when Armstrong /Kennedy were off the boil. In many ways he was more effective than Kennedy as well. 

Started against Dumbarton and done ok. The rest were small appearances off the bench.

IMO he's a very good player but he's never really been given a fair shot.